The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-11-2018, 03:05 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Sounds like he wants to be back in the band more than they actually want him back. I still would rather have a new album from the current lineup more than a tour with LB back.
I'm with you. I, too, would rather have a new album by the current lineup than another tour with Lindsey. I really don't think Mick, Stevie, or John have any interest in recording with Lindsey again, especially after his interview. However, I can see them all recording with Neil, along with Christine. Christine I can see recording another album with Lindsey, too. But FM recording with Lindsey again? I really don't see that happening.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-11-2018, 04:38 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 452
Default

No matter how successful she’s been solo, the most recognized solo song from any of them is and will always be a LB song.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-11-2018, 04:41 PM
cbBen cbBen is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 620
Default What Song?

"Stand Back" is I bigger than anything he did. So is "Stop Draggin' Your Heart Around" (which I realize she didn't write).

The only #1 hit any of them wrote is "Dreams."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,110
Default

Stevie turned Fleetwood Mac into a cover band because she had nothing new to offer.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:20 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
"Stand Back" is I bigger than anything he did. So is "Stop Draggin' Your Heart Around" (which I realize she didn't write).

The only #1 hit any of them wrote is "Dreams."
wait what? bigger than Holiday Road?

i think Eo17 is her huge solo song. and then however many Tom Petty ones i didn't even know she was on.

Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way and Landslide are probably the most well known FM songs to general public. whether they were #1 on some ancient chart nobody cares about anymore or not. The Chain is huge too, and was never even a single.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:24 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 452
Default

Holiday Road is far more recognizable, any way you slice it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:32 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,670
Default

i love this new candid LB. pulling no punches. making it clear Azoff muzzled him for the sake of bleeding-in FM cash through him. making it clear Mick is "weak" and cannot edit himself or knowing where to draw the line in any of his personal endevours. finally calling his wife his soulmate, something he never did in interviews before, now when he doesn't have to walk on eggshells anymore to appease Nicks.

i bet Christine and John are jealous they cannot let loose but still have to toe the party line!

on that note, i'd love it if McVies quit the sham band after this tour is over and join LB for another album and tour. or if LB has to rejoin FM (i really hope it never comes to that!), then it has to be FM without people that caused all this huge time waste for FM since 1998 (while trying to build their own solo brand instead). LB, McVies and Mick are fast with recording and pushing out new stuff with that classic FM feel, and both LB and CM are still very prolific and creative. we can get several FM albums out of those 4.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:46 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Sounds like he wants to be back in the band more than they actually want him back. I still would rather have a new album from the current lineup more than a tour with LB back.
Agreed 100%
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:24 PM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
...Buckingham said he’s willing to return to the group, couching his offer in a series of digs at his former bandmates. “Look, it’s Fleetwood Mac, anything’s possible. Maybe they’ll get it out of their system,” he said. “If they ask me to come back, would I? Sure.”

Buckingham added, spicily, that his return would be in the group’s best interest, and compared Fleetwood Mac’s current tour lineup to a cover band. “Look, I mean it does make me question who these people are,” he said, “but again, to look at it compassionately, I think it’s all coming from a lack of perspective and to some degree a certain weakness on their parts. I can’t stop loving them because of that.”

That wasn’t Buckingham’s only snide remark. Hypothesizing why he hasn’t spoken for months with Mick Fleetwood or Stevie Nicks, he called Fleetwood “too weak-willed” and Nicks “so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.” Elsewhere, he described Fleetwood’s 2015 autobiography as “a real trashy thing” and said the drummer “doesn’t have a mechanism for self-editing.”
So he wants back and thinks insulting them is the right way?
After him being so "classy" for nearly a year, the band settled with him. He deserves all the money he got. But the second his lawyers aren't advising him to play nice or be quiet, he uses every opportunity to prove their point, that he was a pain...
I was shocked and sad when the band fired him, but in the last interviews, he is not doing himself any favours, spewing vitricol, making snide comments, all passive ggressive with "I love them, but..." Sure Lindsey.
His solo tour is over, he is probably already bored - can't he just go into a studio and do some recording or anything else productive?
He should move on, his ex-band has.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:30 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
So he wants back and thinks insulting them is the right way?
After him being so "classy" for nearly a year, the band settled with him. He deserves all the money he got. But the second his lawyers aren't advising him to play nice or be quiet, he uses every opportunity to prove their point, that he was a pain...
I was shocked and sad when the band fired him, but in the last interviews, he is not doing himself any favours, spewing vitricol, making snide comments, all passive ggressive with "I love them, but..." Sure Lindsey.
His solo tour is over, he is probably already bored - can't he just go into a studio and do some recording or anything else productive?
He should move on, his ex-band has.
I'll bet you're a lot of fun at parties...
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:35 PM
justcrazylove's Avatar
justcrazylove justcrazylove is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
So he wants back and thinks insulting them is the right way?
After him being so "classy" for nearly a year, the band settled with him. He deserves all the money he got. But the second his lawyers aren't advising him to play nice or be quiet, he uses every opportunity to prove their point, that he was a pain...
I was shocked and sad when the band fired him, but in the last interviews, he is not doing himself any favours, spewing vitricol, making snide comments, all passive ggressive with "I love them, but..." Sure Lindsey.
His solo tour is over, he is probably already bored - can't he just go into a studio and do some recording or anything else productive?
He should move on, his ex-band has.
I can't be bothered, but I would love it if someone complied every Stevie Nicks comments regarding Lindsey since 2003. Don't come at me with this **** about vitriol, snide comments, and passive aggressiveness. Are you being purposefully obtuse, or is the sheer lack of awareness unintentional. You Stevie fans have no idea what irony is.
__________________
"Leisure line to heaven, puttin' on the hits, here we have another, another piece of glitz"
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:46 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I can't be bothered, but I would love it if someone complied every Stevie Nicks comments regarding Lindsey since 2003. Don't come at me with this **** about vitriol, snide comments, and passive aggressiveness. Are you being purposefully obtuse, or is the sheer lack of awareness unintentional. You Stevie fans have no idea what irony is.
I agree. I cringed when she called him “Mr. Useless” last year.

Still, it’s hard to maintain the high road while slinging mud with pigs.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:55 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I can't be bothered, but I would love it if someone complied every Stevie Nicks comments regarding Lindsey since 2003. Don't come at me with this **** about vitriol, snide comments, and passive aggressiveness.
or way longer than that. completely agree with you. she's been hitting him way below the belt for decades. somehow she's been given a pass for all that, over and over. now he's just stating some facts, after she got him fired and ruined their band - and now he's somehow the bad guy? she's been holding Fleetwood Mac back since 1998 - when they staged the intervention for him to come back, according to his Stereogum interview. why would he need to be the only one who has to be overly and boringly diplomatic in that band, always putting band first and yet always being accused of not doing that, while Mick and Stevie can be hypocritical, trashy and passive agressive and that's somehow fine?

this interview is refreshing and fun. all his interviews from last week are. he calls spade a spade. well, about time! if one doesn't like sincerity and calling it like it is, don't read LB's interviews. it's as simple as that. his whole lawsuit was about putting out the truth, he won, and he's putting it out!
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-11-2018, 07:25 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
or way longer than that. completely agree with you. she's been hitting him way below the belt for decades. somehow she's been given a pass for all that, over and over. now he's just stating some facts, after she got him fired and ruined their band - and now he's somehow the bad guy? she's been holding Fleetwood Mac back since 1998 - when they staged the intervention for him to come back, according to his Stereogum interview. why would he need to be the only one who has to be overly and boringly diplomatic in that band, always putting band first and yet always being accused of not doing that, while Mick and Stevie can be hypocritical, trashy and passive agressive and that's somehow fine?
I don’t think Mick has said anything other than it was an unhappy situation and that he asked for a delay. Lindsey admitted asking for a delay (which is when I think the decision was made), and it obviously wasn’t happy, otherwise why fire someone?

Quote:
this interview is refreshing and fun. all his interviews from last week are. he calls spade a spade. well, about time! if one doesn't like sincerity and calling it like it is, don't read LB's interviews. it's as simple as that. his whole lawsuit was about putting out the truth, he won, and he's putting it out!
It certainly has to be cathartic for him. Let’s just hope, for his sake, that it’s construed as catharsis and not as bridge burning, because he’s the only one talking about a possible reunion, not them.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-11-2018, 07:30 PM
justcrazylove's Avatar
justcrazylove justcrazylove is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 351
Default

This last week of press from Lind's; as I've stated previously, are the most interesting and honest we've seen from this band in recent memory.

My biggest issue with the discourse is the fact that Fleetwood Mac got the first swing in their CBS interview, they presented their version of events; of which some fans choose to believe, I recall SugarMouse stating that until Lindsey breaks his silence he/she could only believe the version of events being proffered. The moment Lindsey started defending himself those same people wanted the Mac to have the right of reply, Saying Lindsey "MUST have done something" and wanting to give Stevie another right of reply.

Well in my world that's BS, they wouldn't have settled if they had just cause for his firing. You don't get a do-over once your lies have been exposed.

Truthfully, I don't know what the end game is for the fan community, it's so fractured and nasty that it mirrors the current state of world politics. Our once sacred and treasured band of which most of us have followed for well over 15/20 years has now descended into heartbreak.

I hope sooner rather than later I can return to the band's music as a whole without thinking about this situation. Until that point, Lindsey's VITAL solo career on which he is still a creative entity is a solace to me.
__________________
"Leisure line to heaven, puttin' on the hits, here we have another, another piece of glitz"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture1985 Press Photo Billy Burnette, rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter.
$19.99
1985 Press Photo Billy Burnette, rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter. picturePress Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41772
$19.88
Press Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41772 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved