The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Mr Scarrott Mr Scarrott is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 349
Default Mick's book- the "Time" Band

Just read the couple of pages devoted to this line-up in Mick's book. Entertainingly grim is how I would put it. Dave and Bekka didn't hit it off to say the least (what, quarrels in this band? Plus ça change!). Mick was hoping against hope that Chris would rescind her decision not to tour, but was left with what he had and had to make the best of it until he had to collapse it realising his mistake. He's kinder about the music they produced and just says they were a good band with the wrong name.. Behind the Mask barely gets a mention at all...
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 10-30-2014, 03:18 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,748
Default

I always wondered if there were issues between them, considering he has a history with the family.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-30-2014, 04:35 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,748
Default

Either way, THE only reason Dave Mason ever ended up in Fleetwood Mac was because Billy quit.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-30-2014, 10:30 PM
nicole21290's Avatar
nicole21290 nicole21290 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I always wondered if there were issues between them, considering he has a history with the family.
Yeah, Mick says he'd been hoping that's a reason they WOULD get on, have good chemistry, etc, because they'd known each other via family for so long. But as Mr Scarrot said, not so much. Quite the opposite.
__________________

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 10-31-2014 at 04:39 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-30-2014, 10:58 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Yeah, Mick says he'd been hoping that's a reason they WOULD get on, have good chemistry, etc, because they'd known each other via family for so long. But as Mr Scarrot, not so much. Quite the opposite.
Oddly enough, though, that WAS the case for her with Billy.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-30-2014, 11:19 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,748
Default

So, Christine didn't like Dave, Bekka didn't like Dave, Richard Dashut didn't like Dave...Why exactly did they keep him around after Billy Burnette came back?
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-2014, 06:02 AM
wetcamelfood wetcamelfood is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Peabody, MA., USA
Posts: 2,048
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So, Christine didn't like Dave, Bekka didn't like Dave, Richard Dashut didn't like Dave...Why exactly did they keep him around after Billy Burnette came back?
Billy didn't feel comfortable playing lead guitar so as was the reason with Rick being there, they needed another guitarist for that if nothing else.

John
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-31-2014, 12:54 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Billy didn't feel comfortable playing lead guitar so as was the reason with Rick being there, they needed another guitarist for that if nothing else.
If that was the case they could've just gotten somebody who didn't sing, such as Gregg Wright from the Zoo, to handle the leads. The weird thing is Billy actually played many of the leads on the old Fleetwood Mac songs.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-31-2014, 02:00 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If that was the case they could've just gotten somebody who didn't sing, such as Gregg Wright from the Zoo, to handle the leads. The weird thing is Billy actually played many of the leads on the old Fleetwood Mac songs.
I saw Billy at the Country Music Hall of Fame, with Pete Anderson(Dwight Yoakam's long time guitar player and producer, for those who don't know). Billy played a few solos, and did fine. Yeah, he's not gonna knock your socks off, but he can hold his own.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-2014, 07:00 PM
wetcamelfood wetcamelfood is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Peabody, MA., USA
Posts: 2,048
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If that was the case they could've just gotten somebody who didn't sing, such as Gregg Wright from the Zoo, to handle the leads. The weird thing is Billy actually played many of the leads on the old Fleetwood Mac songs.
True, but as we know Mick never thinks there's too many singer/songwriters in the band so it may have been insurance in case Christine didn't come back and he must've known she wouldn't run back once she knew Mason was now in the band. I'd be very surprised if he claims to have no knowledge of her misgivings on him.

Yeah I think Billy's solos are fine as well but I guess he doesn't so...

Not saying Mason was the right thing to do, just trying to put myself in Mick's shoes as to why he may have come to the decisions he did but I know, hindsight is 20/20.

John
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-31-2014, 09:15 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
True, but as we know Mick never thinks there's too many singer/songwriters in the band so it may have been insurance in case Christine didn't come back and he must've known she wouldn't run back once she knew Mason was now in the band. I'd be very surprised if he claims to have no knowledge of her misgivings on him.

Yeah I think Billy's solos are fine as well but I guess he doesn't so...

Not saying Mason was the right thing to do, just trying to put myself in Mick's shoes as to why he may have come to the decisions he did but I know, hindsight is 20/20.
I think adding Dave made sense after Billy quit, but he became unnecessary after Billy came back, especially since the other two singers and the producer weren't digging him. Too much unnecessary drama.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-2014, 07:36 AM
wetcamelfood wetcamelfood is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Peabody, MA., USA
Posts: 2,048
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think adding Dave made sense after Billy quit, but he became unnecessary after Billy came back, especially since the other two singers and the producer weren't digging him. Too much unnecessary drama.
Yeah knowing this now makes one wonder why the penny didn't drop with Mick.

John
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,818
Default

There was an interview with Christine in 1995 where she did an online chat interview (the internet was coming of age then) where she openly criticized the guitarists in Fleetwood Mac and questioned Mick's judgment. I remember reading that and was like WOW she really did not like them or their talent.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There was an interview with Christine in 1995 where she did an online chat interview (the internet was coming of age then) where she openly criticized the guitarists in Fleetwood Mac and questioned Mick's judgment. I remember reading that and was like WOW she really did not like them or their talent.
The only one she was negative about was Dave. She made a joke about Billy, but it was clearly a joke. Billy was on her 2004 solo album, so I think she had warm feelings for him.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-02-2014, 12:17 PM
welcomechris welcomechris is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In My House
Posts: 1,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Billy didn't feel comfortable playing lead guitar so as was the reason with Rick being there, they needed another guitarist for that if nothing else.

John
Why did rick leave
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac "Rumours" Album Triple Signed w/PSA Original 1977 -1st Press Vinyl
$799.0
Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureFleetwood Mac Vintage Jacket 70s/80s Rock Band From England.
$450.0
Fleetwood Mac Vintage Jacket 70s/80s Rock Band From England. pictureFLEETWOOD MAC SUGNED GUITAR
$400.0
FLEETWOOD MAC SUGNED GUITAR picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved