The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Getting your fastfood order after ordering a QP with cheese and getting a fish snadwich instead?!?!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^OH!! I know...

or only having 20 minutes to eat lunch, going to subway-ordering a foot long (hey..I was hungry!! ) getting ALL the way back to work and realizing they only gave you a six inch. That is so disappointing when things are smaller than what you expected...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
That is so disappointing when things are smaller than what you expected...
Where's Strand with a witty reply?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^exactly-I left that wide open, and no replies.

the day is still young.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

Nothing is more frustrating then people going through a midlife crisis and trying to relate to younger people. More specifically, me. There's a guy here at work who has to be in his 50's, but he's all about the A&F wear and trying to keep up with what's on MTV. I guess it's more creepy then frustrating, but he always needs to tell me about his weekends doing things people half his age should be doing and it really gets on my nerves. I try to look as uninterested as possible, but he does not get it.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
Where's Strand with a witty reply?
I am over here masterbating with tweezers

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I am over here masterbating with tweezers
totally not what i meant by that. i figured you would be on that one with a smart assed reply, that's all. i got one out of you, but it was just misdirected
Old 10-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Finding out...

all the albums you have on cassette are either next to impossible to find on CD, or if you happen to find the release on CD it is nearly five times the price it was when it was originally released.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elie View Post
Okay, usually I find LOTS of things frustrating but my pick of the week would be people who say things like: "I don't think it's gonna last" or "yeah right" when you tell them that you just gave up smoking and you 're happy&proud about it.
Those people are just jealous assholes. Hang in there kid, sounds like you're doing great.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
'kay, my frustration of the day would be epilepsy, hrmbl. Had a ****ty night with lots of mini-seizures that kept me up until two. Today feeling a bit iffy, but there's a lot of things I want to do with my free afternoon. And I know I should get some rest, instead of running from here to there, because that'll make it worse.
Well, it'll pass, health's been pretty good last summer so I don't worry about it too much.
I'm sorry to hear about that Mari . I hope you're feeling better now.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

People who either don't respond to e-mails, or take their sweet time doing so. I'm talking weeks, if not months, here. I once actually had someone reply to an e-mail I'd sent over a year before. Ugh! I want to kick these assholes right in the teeth!!

I know forwarding them the original e-mail with a raging, expletive-filled note would just make it worse, but I almost can't help myself. One of the supervisors at work (not my supervisor) has been sending my supervisor e-mails detailing things I have neglected to do (I've been really swamped), and my supervisor forwards them to me. I sent both of them kind of a tacky e-mail in response, which they both ignored, and even asked my supervisor to stop forwarding her e-mails because they're pissing me off, but she keeps doing it. Yesterday, I kept typing drafts of another tacky e-mail to send to the offending supervisor, and even contemplated getting a dozen eggs and some wet toilet paper and driving out to her house. I want to knock her in the goddamn head, I swear!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
People who either don't respond to e-mails, or take their sweet time doing so. I'm talking weeks, if not months, here. I once actually had someone reply to an e-mail I'd sent over a year before. Ugh! I want to kick these assholes right in the teeth!!

I know forwarding them the original e-mail with a raging, expletive-filled note would just make it worse, but I almost can't help myself. One of the supervisors at work (not my supervisor) has been sending my supervisor e-mails detailing things I have neglected to do (I've been really swamped), and my supervisor forwards them to me. I sent both of them kind of a tacky e-mail in response, which they both ignored, and even asked my supervisor to stop forwarding her e-mails because they're pissing me off, but she keeps doing it. Yesterday, I kept typing drafts of another tacky e-mail to send to the offending supervisor, and even contemplated getting a dozen eggs and some wet toilet paper and driving out to her house. I want to knock her in the goddamn head, I swear!
A year! **** that, dude. I sometimes don't reply to casual emails as soon as I get them, just because I don't want to appear too eager. lol. Depending on who it is, I feel weird replying to an email they just sent like, two seconds ago. I usually stay on top of replying, though. A year is ridiculous.

Luckily, I don't get too many forwards!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the most annoying thing happened to me today. Went to town with some mates and stopped off at Burger King to get a snack. Well I went and sat on one of those big red sets - the padded ones. I was wearing BRAND NEW £40 Topman jeans bought 2 days before for the first time and some twat hadn't bothered to wipe up the spilt ketchup from the seat i was sat on. And i didn't realise until after I got home that the entire night (burger, pub, pub, pub...ye get the idea) I had bloody ketchup all over my jeans. No wonder girls were staring at my arse I thought they were checkin me out.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought I'd add to this thread, finally.

Nothing in the world is more frustrating that a room mate who is so whipped by his controling bitch girlfriend that he actually becomes an ass to you. Now, if I had not know this kid for as long as I have, and been such close friends, I would have totally turned on my 'Ryan Super Bitch mode' (as my bf Brad calls it ) and tore him a new one for all the **** I don't like about him. Especially after his girlfriend sleeps over here all the time and has the nerve to patronize me in my own place. -__-

What I need, Ledge, is either pills or a pistol.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ dude, a bad roommate is hell. been there. i'd elaborate, but i'd end up getting really pissed.