The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's funny that in over 35 years Mick still hasn't clued into the fact that HE'S JUST THE DRUMMER AND NOBODY CARES ABOUT HIM. It'd be cool if he got sick one night and they had to replace him with a drum machine and nobody noticed. I might pay $1100 dollars just to tell him he's a greedy bastid.

Evan
Old 02-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't care about this package deal or how good it may sound...it is sick....paying to *maybe* meet some members of the Mac...ugh...if it was for a decent cause like AHI...i'd be the first in line...but this has Mick written ALL over it...the only thing i am shelling cash out for it good seats...and i'll take my chances at getting backstage to spend 2 minutes saying hi to the band...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-08-2003, 09:21 PM

Here's an idea: Let's all jump over to rollingstone.com and post about this. Maybe the magazine will do a story on this unbridled greed.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i hope john doesnt know, too. (i love you, johnny!!!)

see.. 1,100 bucks to spend a DAY with them [lindsey, stevie, john], maybe. and NOT with 199 other people present. if I'M giving somebody eleven hundred bucks.. they BETTER learn my friggin' name.

who wants to meet the dude that hides in the back playing 2nd guitar & the backup singers ??

Sarah
Old 02-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Ledgie

Angry

I went to one of the Arizona Heart Institute Benefit concert a few years ago. Great concert. Stevie's Enchanted tour. She was beautiful and charming. We had a great conversation. Also, her mom and dad were really cool. Don Henley chatted with us about music and stuff. Unfortunately, Mick Fleetwood was a real d..k. Stevie and Don signed autographs, chatted, smiled, etc., but Mick acted like he was pissed at everyone. He signed my pic. of Stevie and I said thanks. He looked at me like he looked at everyone else that night...pissed..didn't say a word, just glared. I was really surprised because he always struck me as a kinda goofy, "please the fans", Mr. FM Showman kind of dude. Anyway, it was great meeting Stevie and Don, but Mick...whatever.

I would never pay the overpriced amount of money to meet FM. That's just me. Everyone is different. I smell exploitation here. Sorry, but true. Of course, if there's a market, well. I just don't think there is(a big enough one). I would rather pay a scalper for prime seating. I have over the years. I SMELL A RAT!!!!
Old 02-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ugh.
I don't know what kind of disposable income Fleetwood Mac (or their management) thinks their fanbase has, but they're seriously off the mark.

There has not been a thing yet, involving the fanclub or the Meet & Greets, that could possibly justify such high prices.

And being that I don't attend concerts, dangling a chance to get decent seats in front of me, is not going to entice me to join a fanclub... nor will the other relatively minor perks.
Certainly not for nearly 100 bucks!

I think I'd rather they not offer anything at all, than have them offer it, but botch it all so badly.

Next time around, instead of a bunch of business men, sitting in a boardroom coming up with these ideas... they need to use the potential of the many and various Fleetwood Mac sites, to poll the fans and see what WE would be interested in, and what price-range we'd be able to afford.

Johnny Stew
Old 02-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew

I think I'd rather they not offer anything at all, than have them offer it, but botch it all so badly.

Next time around, instead of a bunch of business men, sitting in a boardroom coming up with these ideas... they need to use the potential of the many and various Fleetwood Mac sites, to poll the fans and see what WE would be interested in, and what price-range we'd be able to afford.

Johnny Stew
I totally agree with this....
Old 02-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Not much dissent on the ledge today...

Looks like this is one of those rare moments where all who have posted basicaly agree! Sorry, just trying to make light of this appalling situation.This just confirms all the stuff people have been saying about Mick's site lately. I too feel betrayed. I too feel like I'm gonna barf, and I'm starting to get belligerent!

On one hand I'm happy I never go over there, on the other hand I'm happy somebody posted this to keep us all informed AND I am sooooo happy so many of you went over there to give them a piece of your mind. High fives to all!!

This is a disgusting scam that even in suggestion seems as though it's meant to mock those who love this band's music, and that's absolutely horrifying.

I agree with so many of the things you have all said. This pretty much sums it up for me. Thanks for expressing this so well, DOR
Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
It's times like this that make you thankful for The Ledge! (ie full of 'real', balanced individuals...not one big chorus of worship!)
Thanks Marty!

Me? I'm not responding to the thread over at Mick's chat.
(a) its not worth the bother and
(b) the question wasn't worth responding to

Who could fall for such a scam? You're meeting your idols on no virtue of your own; the partcipating band members will just see you as a big excited dollar bill with arms, legs and a drooling, blathering mouth; it's like prostitution. At least if the money that would go to the band were going all to charity, that would be different.

Does Lindsey even know about this? If he did, I can't imagine he'd think that much of the sort of person who'd participate anyway.
Yuk - the whole concept leaves one feeling very icky...
(..except the reason I'm not going over there because it crashes my broswer.)

I'm sure Lindsey Stevie, even John would never agree to this, for the reasons you all mentioned. I bet Mick knows this too, and if this stupid scam ever did happen, I bet he'd leave them in the dark about it...He'd just surprise them the first night of the tour with this room full of, um, people who have nothing better to spend a thousand bucks on! Stevie, Lindsey and John would be gracious hosts, then after the party get really pissed at Mick. The rest of the parties would be called off, and nobody who was supposed to go to them would get their money back!
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is just making me SICK.

Keep it up, Mick, and *I* won't even be buying the album........I'll just wait a little while and DOWNLOAD it off of Kazaa! For FREE! None of my money lining Mick's pockets!

I'm only kidding, I think....but seriously, this makes me so damned mad. Does anyone have any idea what they are planning on charging for tickets? I had plans to go to at least three shows...now I'm seriously wondering if I want to go to ANY.

And I truly hope that Stevie and Lindsey have nothing to do with this. That would break my heart, I think.

~Angela~

Last edited by EnchantedStorms; 02-09-2003 at 01:50 AM..
Old 02-09-2003, 01:51 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
I hate to even bring this up since for once most of us are in agreement, but come on...shouldn't FM take some responsibility? At least Mick. AFTERALL, THIS WAS ON HIS WEB SITE.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i think i'm gonna need a lot of makeup tomorrow before i go to work to cover up the four red handprints on my cheeks... from the slaps in the face i just got from the members of my favorite band...

Last edited by Jessica Leigh; 02-09-2003 at 02:07 AM..
Old 02-09-2003, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I hate to even bring this up since for once most of us are in agreement, but come on...shouldn't FM take some responsibility? At least Mick. AFTERALL, THIS WAS ON HIS WEB SITE.
I wasn't meaning to suggest that the band is absolved of all guilt in this... I just wonder how much input they really had in it.
Seems to me that some bigwig probably suggested the Meet & Greets, and said, "we did some research, and this is how much it would cost"... and that was the extent of it, with no questions asked.

But being that it was announced on Mick's board, and seems somewhat related to his fanclub stuff, I wonder how much the rest of the band is involved, or how much they even know about it.

Johnny Stew
Old 02-09-2003, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Maybe that's why Christine doesn't want to tour with the band anymore - Mick charges her a fee to provide the drums to her songs!
Old 02-09-2003, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
I have visions of nothing Mick Fleetwood and his scary followers from his website. Yikes!
Oh you got that one right!!! There are some nut jobs over there. He is like a Guru to them.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is what the Rolling Stones fan club gets for $95.00 a year.

$95.00 per year (currency conversion)

The Premium (North America) Rolling Stones Membership includes:
Access to all the features of the Rolling Stones Official Fan Club web site
Purchase up to 4 tickets to any one show (2 to theatres and clubs) - right now!
A complimentary subscription to getAccess@cc.com - a $60 value!
A code good for 5% off ALL purchases in the soon-to-be launched Official Fan Club store!