The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got back from the show and it was a blast. I pretty much knew all of the surprises because of reading it here on the ledge but I really loved Monday Morning as the opener and I have to say it was nice to be surprised by the set list for once. I have to say though that I think the title of the show Unleashed fit perfect for tonight. I had front row and me and my hubby were to the right of Lindsey and he played his heart out tonight. I think for me the highlights were Monday Morning, Storms (absolutely beautiful, loved it), Gold Dust Woman (she killed the scream, it was damm good), Go Insane (faster version and it was amazing!), Tusk (slow in the beginning) and Say You Love Me (I thought Stevie did a great job on this song), I'm so Afraid was good but it did sound kinda different.
The song of the night was Oh Well. I freaking love this song and Lindsey killed it. I hope somebody got a boot of it it was so damm good and right in front of me. Lindsey pointed to his legs during the 'and my legs are thin' part. Good ****!!

Its funny all week I have been telling everybody that all I want is to play Lindseys guitar so during GYOW, he stands right in front of me and leans down over top and lets me be the first one to play his guitar. I was real gentle because I didnt want to break a string or something and then he let others play and then I grabbed at it again before he was done. After that song he was like Hey Baby, HA! Damm he is hot! My hubby was telling me to calm down and then later on he came over and shook hands and then he shook my hubby's hand and mine and then I started screaming, Lindsey baby, thank you, you rock! That is what I love about Lindsey is that he interacts with the crowd. He was talking to the front row people all night and somebody asked him if he was hot and he said yes and he was like arent you guys cool on that ice? HA! Some couple brought up their little girl and he made sure they got right up front and then the girl had flowers and Lindsey made sure Stevie got them. She thanked them which was so nice. The little girl was so cute too.
One thing I missed was the Stevie and Lindsey interaction. I remember last time they came to Pittsburgh in 2003 the Pittsburgh Post Gazette review talked about how much Lindsey and Stevie stared at each other and stuff but this time it was much more different. They looked at each other like old friends instead of like ex's. I do have to say the band was tight and I think they just sounded better overall. I am going to deaf though for a long time from this show.
I got some pics but camera natzi guy yelled at my hubby about 3 songs in and then we didnt bring it back out to the end. I have to say when Stevie bent down to get those flowers I thought a boob was gonna pop out, HA!
Her red/burgundy outfit in the beginning was fabulous and Lindsey wore red. Sometimes I think they read this damm board.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Registered

Please post some photos!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Please post some photos!
I was just going to say the same thing!! LOL!! I'm dying to see some photos!!!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was Say You Love Me done with a banjo?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i will post the pics in a few minutes, i am putting them on my computer right now
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok somebody quickly tell me how to post photes on here, I am so dumb right now!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Here's the final setlist. Tunes not done on SYW tour bolded.

8:15pm - Monday Morning
The Chain
Dreams
IKINW
Gypsy
Go Insane (Full Band)
8:40pm - Rhiannon
Second Hand News
Tusk
Sara
9:05pm - Big Love (LB acoustic, as usual)
Landslide
NGBA
STORMS (awesome according to Zombie)
SYLM (SN & LB trading verses; lower key)
GDW
9:40pm - Oh Well
I'm So Afraid (first text: "different arrangement, very cool" second text: "Whoops - maybe the mix was just off" )
Stand Back
GYOW
ENCORES:
10:10pm - World Turning (Mick drum solo - stayed behind drum kit)
Don't Stop
10:20pm - Silver Springs
THAT'S the whole setlist? Shorter than last time? And this is opening night, too.. some of the songs might be dropped next show.

What a rip! LAME (and my expectations were very low)
Old 03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
ok somebody quickly tell me how to post photes on here, I am so dumb right now!
Click the little paperclip icon next to the happyface icon!

Or, if you'd like, you can eMail them to me and I'll post them. LiamMcConville@msn.com
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Thanks for the speedy review. Sounds like you had a good time

Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Well I was refering to audio of Sisters, but I guess film does mean visual. So yea tons is really two, but thise two are both really different from eachother. Both great in different ways.
Oh, ok. I thought I was missing something, which wouldn't be that unusual

Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

crap it says my pics exceed the 100kb limit. Is there a way to get around this or make them smaller?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
crap it says my pics exceed the 100kb limit. Is there a way to get around this or make them smaller?
You can try uploading them at www.tinypic.com, if you don't have a program to resize them.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I really don't think she could handle Sisters Of The Moon at this point but I think she could pull off an amazing version of Storms. I'd much rather have an amazing version of a song we've never heard before live than one that makes me yearn to hear better versions from years gone by.
Well said. I completely agree. It's no offense to Stevie, it's just a fact. She's smart to know what she can do, and do well. Yes, a quiet version of SOTM ala the demo is a possibility, but would everyone truly be satisfied with that? I was thinking earlier that I could be.......up until LB's rippin' solo at the end. So I think it would have to start out the quiet way and then rock at the end, which I actually think would be very cool and a crowd pleaser.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just spent 1/2 hour writing up a review in a separate thread and the damn server knocked me off. F*ck!!!!!!!!!

Anyway - I wanna know what the hell was going on (or not going on) between SN and LB tonight! There was no interaction - not on Tusk, not on Landslide, not even a look on SS.

Storms was phenomenal. The ticket was worth it just to see this live.

Stevie did not use the stand back shawl. This one was red. She was not spinning much at all, and there was no high kick at the end.

Steve seemed pretty unhappy - smiled at times, but overall did not look pleased. I think there was a sound issue in the very beginning, but that seemed to work itself out. Not sure what else must have happened.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4stevie View Post
I just spent 1/2 hour writing up a review in a separate thread and the damn server knocked me off. F*ck!!!!!!!!!

Anyway - I wanna know what the hell was going on (or not going on) between SN and LB tonight! There was no interaction - not on Tusk, not on Landslide, not even a look on SS.

Storms was phenomenal. The ticket was worth it just to see this live.

Stevie did not use the stand back shawl. This one was red. She was not spinning much at all, and there was no high kick at the end.

Steve seemed pretty unhappy - smiled at times, but overall did not look pleased. I think there was a sound issue in the very beginning, but that seemed to work itself out. Not sure what else must have happened.
Hmm, sounds like something was not going right.

You know this thought occurred to me that if Stevie and Lindsey actually get along, it might affect the performance on stage because there is no more tension/anger/passion to ignite the performance. I hope with the next couple of shows, the interaction gets better. It might have just been opening night jitters.