The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This interview pretty much sets it out- she'll tour at some unspecified distant point with FM but she couldn't give a sh!t about an album.
So, with this in mind...would it really be beyond the realms of possibility they could release a Fleetwood Mac album sans Stevie and then leave the door open to her returning for a tour at some point in the future?
Personally I don't think they should- they should just boot her out and get on with it. But, as they are seemingly reluctant to do that it could be a workable compromise.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I can not speak for them or speculate ,they have contracts and timelines etc I can wait for a new record they just came off a tour record or not no one is going to rudh to see them ... But I will safely ASS U ME there is one person in this photograph happy he doesn't have to drag his ass all over the world right now

John looks horrific...I think they should just announce the bands retirement...With John being such integral part of the band I wonder if he feels like he's on a ride and there's no way off...
Old 09-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Or I might die before it will come out.Will see with my Nep,"kidney" doctor in two weeks.Now I'm stable at stage 3 potential of kidney problems.
Wishing you good health Skip!
Old 09-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can not speak for them or speculate ,they have contracts and timelines etc I can wait for a new record they just came off a tour record or not no one is going to rudh to see them ... But I will safely ASS U ME there is one person in this photograph happy he doesn't have to drag his ass all over the world right now

John really looks bad there. Especially relative to how everyone else in the band looks incredibly healthy and well. Probably not a bad idea the Mac put it in low gear for awhile and let John recuperate. We love you John!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

Two passages really jumped out at me in Stevie's interviews this week, so I figured I'd ramble for a bit:

For the New York Times, she says "I love being part of a team. We argue all the time, but we always have."

For Billboard, she says "[D]o you want to take a chance of going in and setting up in a room for like a year and having a bunch of arguing people? And then not wanting to go on tour because you just spent a year arguing? Or do you just go on tour because you know that you have fun up there and you love doing shows?"

Stevie's clearly conflicted right now. She loves touring with FM and knows some amount of argument comes along with it, but she doesn't want to risk the whole band imploding if they go into the studio. I'm reading that as saying she doesn't entirely trust Lindsey to make the recording process fun for her or keep it short enough that they don't argue for a year. I assume it's even possible she doesn't entirely buy into his thoughts on the band's musical direction and would rather have full say on her own songs. (Notice that the song she brought in for Extended Play was one that they didn't really need to argue about since they'd already recorded it before.) Whatever the case, they clearly still have some negotiating to do if Lindsey wants to get her voice on tape in a year or two.

I suppose the good news is that she isn't saying anywhere that she's done with FM. I'd have been happy even if they'd called it a day after the '97 reunion, so everything after that has been a nice bonus. One more album would be great, but I'd much rather see the five of them retire on good terms at this point. Life's too short...
Old 09-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Wishing you good health Skip!
Thanks jwd.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
John looks horrific...
Hey, anyone can be caught with their mouth hanging open at the wrong time.

Michele
Old 09-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
John looks horrific...I think they should just announce the bands retirement...With John being such integral part of the band I wonder if he feels like he's on a ride and there's no way off...
Are there other pics of JM from the July show other than the two that have circulated on Twitter? I'm hoping this was just a particularly bad shot of him.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

An earlier pic of the band (before the tour?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigLove View Post
Are there other pics of JM from the July show other than the two that have circulated on Twitter? I'm hoping this was just a particularly bad shot of him.
Either he's just having a bad day or he's not doing well...Hopefully it's not the later...
Old 09-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's another one:

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Setting up a room for like a year..."? LOL... W.e...
Old 09-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't know, i think people are overreacting. i think he just looks his age. people should think of their grandparents or parents that are FM members age. how do they look?

not every musician or entertainer has a need to get work done in order to look younger. Johnny Mac was never the guy who built his success on the basis of his looks.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know, i think people are overreacting. i think he just looks his age. people should think of their grandparents or parents that are FM members age. how do they look?

not every musician or entertainer has a need to get work done in order to look younger. Johnny Mac was never the guy who built his success on the basis of his looks.
This is what I'm thinking. I remember a few years ago (before Christine rejoined the band), a tabloid picture of her walking her dogs was circulating, and people were freaking out abut how she looked. And I was thinking, "it's a 70-year-old woman without makeup."
Old 09-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

true. but even with that, he clearly has the appearance of someone who has had some health issues which have taken some toll, even if they are currently resolved.
he definitely looks like he's lost some weight, which could be due to his treatments or to his doctor's recommendations for staying healthy and probably both. he looks a bit gaunt.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
This is what I'm thinking. I remember a few years ago (before Christine rejoined the band), a tabloid picture of her walking her dogs was circulating, and people were freaking out abut how she looked. And I was thinking, "it's a 70-year-old woman without makeup."
sh&t I look at myself in the mirror some days in the morning and think, "who is that 70 year old woman without makeup?" And I'm several decades younger than that!!!