The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > The Penguin > The Ledge Boards

Old 08-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Ledgie

Default Request: Forum for Fleetwood Mark Mark XIV

Instead of utilizing the forums "Rumours" and "Post-Rumours" for Fleetwood Mac Mark XIV (Mike Campbell, Mick Fleetwood, Neil Finn, Christine McVie, John McVie, and Stevie Nicks), would it be reasonable to create a new forum specific for the new lineup?
Old 08-19-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think so. But I think it's fine to discuss this incarnation in the Rumours section. When Christine was not in the band, we did not move discussion out of the Rumours forum for Say You Will, etc.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
When Christine was not in the band, we did not move discussion out of the Rumours forum for Say You Will, etc.
But Christine wasn’t replaced when she left. That’s what makes this newest incarnation of the band more akin to the post Rumours era, when Lindsey was also replaced by 2 guitarists.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
But Christine wasn’t replaced when she left. That’s what makes this newest incarnation of the band more akin to the post Rumours era, when Lindsey was also replaced by 2 guitarists.
If we want to be picky actually Christine was replaced with three different keyboards players, it's just that the guys weren't famous.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If we want to be picky actually Christine was replaced with three different keyboards players, it's just that the guys weren't famous.
Yes, but they were simply backing musicians and weren’t made full fledged members of the band the way that Billy, Rick, Neil, and Mike all have, though.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can we go back to the threading format of the old Matt Wright script? How many of you guys are really tired of clicking through page after page after page of posts, many of which start their own subjects or directly address side conversations. The old format let the thread build to the right and down, and you could see at a glance where the thread was going, whether it jumped tracks (someone would rename the thread in a subheading), and all the contributors to it. You used to be able to go through hundreds of topics in an hour or two. Now you can only finish one or two well-populated threads in an hour or two.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-20-2018, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Can we go back to the threading format of the old Matt Wright script? How many of you guys are really tired of clicking through page after page after page of posts, many of which start their own subjects or directly address side conversations. The old format let the thread build to the right and down, and you could see at a glance where the thread was going, whether it jumped tracks (someone would rename the thread in a subheading), and all the contributors to it. You used to be able to go through hundreds of topics in an hour or two. Now you can only finish one or two well-populated threads in an hour or two.
David, if I understood what you were saying that would be a big start in weighing the advantages of going back to that format. Not that we could anyway, unless Vbulletin allows it.

Michele
Old 08-21-2018, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If we add a new forum for the new line up, what would you like to call it.

I am getting ready to rename Lindsey’s Forum to Thrown Down.

You New Line up people tell me what you want a new one called. You detractors need not nominate names. I already know what you’re thinking.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

You New Line up people tell me what you want a new one called. You detractors need not nominate names. I already know what you’re thinking.
Why not wait it out to see whether this line up lasts more than 12 months?

At the very least, a Behind The Mask situation where they're putting out a fresh album seems highly unlikely.

I think everyone's money is on this fizzling out after this tour.

The Rumours phenomenon is its own thing and rightfully deserves its own forum. Whether the current tour lineup can be dealt with sufficiently in the otherwise underactive Post Rumours forum, or it's worth creating a whole new forum for it, I'll leave up to the owner/mods and Sugar Mouse.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

LOL!

Themed names can be fun, but everybody's getting so weird about the forum breakdowns. Maybe to placate everybody's weirdness, we just assign every forum a duration in years.
  • 1967-1974 (group Green and Welch years because after all, how many divisions does a band site need?)
  • 1975-1987
  • 1987-1992
  • 1994-1995 (or omit this stretch entirely!)
  • 1997-2018
  • 2018-year that John dies (macabre but practical)

Or we could pattern the forum divisions after Andrew Sarris and his directors' categories:
  • Pantheon
  • The Far Side of Paradise
  • Fringe Benefits
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
  • Lightly Likable
  • Strained Seriousness
  • Oddities
  • One-Shots
  • Newcomers
  • Subjects for Further Research
  • Make Way for the Clowns
  • Miscellany

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think so. But I think it's fine to discuss this incarnation in the Rumours section. When Christine was not in the band, we did not move discussion out of the Rumours forum for Say You Will, etc.
Behind the Mask and Say You Will each lacked a member of the Rumours lineup.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Less than meets the eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
  • 2018-year that John dies (macabre but practical)
Come now, David.
We all know that Mick will keep touring with a cardboard cutout of John.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
David--It may not be as easy to use as the old format you mentioned, but I just discovered that you can change the thread layout to something similar by adjusting the settings in your User Control Panel.

User Control Panel > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Thread Display Mode

"Threaded" mode or "Hybrid" mode seem to use a hierarchical tree system.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
David--It may not be as easy to use as the old format you mentioned, but I just discovered that you can change the thread layout to something similar by adjusting the settings in your User Control Panel.

User Control Panel > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Thread Display Mode

"Threaded" mode or "Hybrid" mode seem to use a hierarchical tree system.
THANK YOU, MR JOE!! That's definitely cooler (although I wish the box containing the threads were bigger).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to follow up on this thread by saying that I had a terrible attack of vertigo this morning, so I stayed home from work.

moviekinks.blogspot.com