User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I see Richard reTwitted a message a couple of days ago from a fan- 'maybe they scooped him up for the overseas tour???'
Of all things to post- I do hope he's giving out a message.
But we know he can't travel so it's unlikely.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see Richard reTwitted a message a couple of days ago from a fan- 'maybe they scooped him up for the overseas tour???'
Of all things to post- I do hope he's giving out a message.
I don't know why he disappeared, and whilst it is true that he does not owe us anything, its just weird that he dropped out. He gave an inside view to the Mac that many had not seen and for that the fans are grateful. But I stand by what I stated in an earlier post, his behavior still strikes me as someone who is looking for attention. No, he does not owe us an explaination as to why both he and Stacy left the fans hanging, but I don't like the silence game he is playing...bash me all you want, but to me it feels like a childish game. Just don't care. Hopefully this thread will die.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I don't know why he disappeared, and whilst it is true that he does not owe us anything, its just weird that he dropped out. He gave an inside view to the Mac that many had not seen and for that the fans are grateful. But I stand by what I stated in an earlier post, his behavior still strikes me as someone who is looking for attention. No, he does not owe us an explaination as to why both he and Stacy left the fans hanging, but I don't like the silence game he is playing...bash me all you want, but to me it feels like a childish game. Just don't care. Hopefully this thread will die.
Not questioning RD character but rather his motivation for his relationship with the fans...Is it possible he was trying to draw attention to himself by establishing some kind of bond with the fans hoping ultimately to get in good with the band and maybe be asked to work on the new project...Could it be that RD has now lost all hope of working with FM again and he no longer needs the fans hence the silence...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 05-06-2015 at 10:42 PM..
Old 05-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Not questioning RD character but rather his motivation for his relationship with the fans...Is it possible he was trying to draw attention to himself by establishing some kind of bond with the fans hoping ultimately to get in good with the band and maybe be asked to work on the new project...Could it be that RD has now lost all hope of working with FM again and he no longer needs the fans hence the silence...
I don't know him from Adam, but from what I read in his blog, I just don't think he is that kind of fellow. He seemed very genuine, and wasn't looking for any recognition or validation from the band. He was just doing it for the Punters enjoyment, and his own trip down memory lane. I am really worried that something has happened to him. It doesn't seem in character for him to do this to gain attention. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I don't know him from Adam, but from what I read in his blog, I just don't think he is that kind of fellow. He seemed very genuine, and wasn't looking for any recognition or validation from the band. He was just doing it for the Punters enjoyment, and his own trip down memory lane. I am really worried that something has happened to him. It doesn't seem in character for him to do this to gain attention. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with all of this. On top of that, I think Richard honestly did his blog as a form of therapy. We all know how Ken Caillat wrote about Richard's dedicating his life the the band (to the detriment of his own career), and his subsequent disillusionment after the Mac cast him out. I think Richard probably wanted to turn his life's memories back into the positive by creating the blog. Hopefully sharing all of the stories and pictures (good, bad, and ugly), and interacting with the fans really cemented the fact he has led a charmed life- one that has impacted so many people for the better. I suspect more than anything, that's why Richard made his blog- to give positive meaning to his life's dedication. To finally let go of the hurts and grievances of the past. To give back in a small way to the fans, who made his incredible journey possible.

I still do worry why he's stopped, though. Was it for a good reason? Did he get out what he needed to say and feel what he needed to feel, and now he can walk away with a clear conscience? Is there creative stuff on the horizon with the band which has rendered him silent? Was it for a bad reason? Did he dislike the direction the blog was going? Did the band put the screws on him? Maybe a crazed fan spooked him?

In any event, I eschew the notion he was only doing the blog to get back in the good graces of the band. If that were the case, he would have nixed all of the controversial topics and pictures. The drug usage. Domestic violence. Unflattering pictures. Conspicuous consumption. Et al.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 05-07-2015 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I agree with all of this. On top of that, I think Richard honestly did his blog as a form of therapy. We all know how Ken Caillat wrote about Richard's dedicating his life the the band (to the detriment of his own career), and his subsequent disillusionment after the Mac cast him out. I think Richard probably wanted to turn his life's memories back into the positive by creating the blog. Hopefully sharing all of the stories and pictures (good, bad, and ugly), and interacting with the fans really cemented the fact he has led a charmed life- one that has impacted so many people for the better. I suspect more than anything, that's why Richard made his blog- to give positive meaning to his life's dedication. To finally let go of the hurts and grievances of the past. To give back in a small way to the fans, who made his incredible journey possible.

I still do worry why he's stopped, though. Was it for a good reason? Did he get out what he needed to say and fell what he needed to feel, and now he can walk away with a clear conscience? Is there creative stuff on the horizon with the band which has rendered him silent? Was it for a bad reason? Did he dislike the direction the blog was going? Did the band put the screws on him? Maybe a crazed fan spooked him?

In any event, I eschew the notion he was only doing the blog to get back in the good graces of the band. If that were the case, he would have nixed all of the controversial topics and pictures. The drug usage. Domestic violence. Unflattering pictures. Conspicuous consumption. Et al.

Definitely agree with all of this. I also find it strange that he just ended abruptly....that's what worries me. I thought he would have let everyone know why. He doesn't have to, but it seems like he would have.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Definitely agree with all of this. I also find it strange that he just ended abruptly....that's what worries me. I thought he would have let everyone know why. He doesn't have to, but it seems like he would have.

I agree. It makes me wonder if when he met with the Mac in Vegas they were cold to him, this band has a way of freezing people out, their inner circle is very difficult to get into, and once you are in and then get kicked out it is usually impossible to get back in their good graces. I wonder if someone treated him cooly and he walked away remembering what a bunch of a**holes most of them were and why he left in the first place. I don't know. Mick seems to retweet some of his pics on his twitter page, so I can't imagine Mick is the one.... I don't know...

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I agree. It makes me wonder if when he met with the Mac in Vegas they were cold to him, this band has a way of freezing people out, their inner circle is very difficult to get into, and once you are in and then get kicked out it is usually impossible to get back in their good graces. I wonder if someone treated him cooly and he walked away remembering what a bunch of a**holes most of them were and why he left in the first place. I don't know. Mick seems to retweet some of his pics on his twitter page, so I can't imagine Mick is the one.... I don't know...

IMO, Stevie and Lindsey are the two c**ts in the band. If sh*t came down, I would highly suspect it from Stevie's camp first, and Lindsey's, secondly. But Stevie is the one with people really trying to protect her...

And I'm not saying it couldn't have been the other three, but they're(S&L) who I would suspect, if it happened.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
IMO, Stevie and Lindsey are the two c**ts in the band. If sh*t came down, I would highly suspect it from Stevie's camp first, and Lindsey's, secondly. But Stevie is the one with people really trying to protect her...

And I'm not saying it couldn't have been the other three, but they're(S&L) who I would suspect, if it happened.

Good try!! lol you seem to blame Stevie for everything some reason..
Richard has never said a bad word about her, and has always stuck up for Lindsey when confronted with awkward questions from curious fans..

If anything or wishful thinking, perhaps Richard is back with band & working on some new songs.

They probably love his blog, & why wouldn't they? Up until this point he has been very respectful and shared only positive stuff. Though i wouldn't mind a bit of dirt every once in a while, there is no way he would do that unless they pi##ed him off big time..
Old 05-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt sadly that they 'love' his blog... I don't think they like ANYBODY telling their story but themselves. Stevie has always been the most controlling of her image, and anyone who tells tales other than the ones she wants told or not in the way she wants get scolded or frozen out. Waddy has had to walk stuff back that he's said and is now really careful. She (or her people, but same effect) got all twisted up when Heart wrote about her drug habits and her house (pics of herself everywhere). I don't know about Lindsey... I think when people talk about the making of the FM albums and how songs got put together and such then he seems to mind (e.g., Ken's book) because he too wants the story told how he wants it told. But not sure he would care so much about the personal stuff, and frankly Richard has been mostly positive and generous in his comments about LB.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

love Stevie to bits.
my #1
but ITA agree with this
based on nothing but a vibe.
I kind of feel like Chris loves everybody. wouldn't hurt a fly.
mick is up for anything to prop himself up and make coin
john ... leave me alone here in the background to do my thing but totally nice like Chris.

Lindsey ... well I suspect he's a moody f#ck
Stevie ... good luck getting near her with her entourage. But once you're IN with her you're in for life unless you f#ck it up. Unless you're her ex bf, then she'll forgive you, write songs about/with you and tour with you.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
love Stevie to bits.
my #1
but ITA agree with this
based on nothing but a vibe.
mick is up for anything to prop himself up and make coin
john ... leave me alone here in the background to do my thing but totally nice like Chris.

Lindsey ... well I suspect he's a moody f#ck
Stevie ... good luck getting near her with her entourage. But once you're IN with her you're in for life unless you f#ck it up. Unless you're her ex bf, then she'll forgive you, write songs about/with you and tour with you.
AFAIK(and have evidence to back it up), Chris(my FM heroine!!!!) kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF. Very, VERY wrong. And that was a very hard pill for me to swallow. But I did, finally.
So no one is a saint(except maybe John). They all have faults, and frailties.
They're no better than us, other than writing songs that made them famous...
Old 05-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
I don't think that's really Christine's personality. I think she's more grounded than the rest of them, but I really don't see her as particularly loving. I mean, she probably loves every dog and can't bear the thought of a single one being hurt, (unless she hated Ken's dog too), but I don't think she feels the same snugly way about PEOPLE.

Michele
Old 05-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting tweet from Stacy B yesterday:
Christine loves Richard SO much & it gives me so much life!
Old 05-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting tweet from Stacy B yesterday:
Christine loves Richard SO much & it gives me so much life!
Well, that would suggest one thing good happened in Vegas, I guess.

I should say with Christine, I think the people she does love, she loves unconditionally and maybe too much and too long (Dennis) but because she doesn't suffer fools gladly, I think her warmth and affection stays within her circle of friends and family and, of course, is always available to animals.

Michele