The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How far is Hershey from Pittsburgh? I have plans in the morning but might be able to get there by show time if it isnt too far away. I have been there once when I was younger but dont remember how long it took to get there.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I took the Hershey show over Nissan. I have plans next weekend so I will not be going to the show.At least I saw them last year in DC. The DVD has been ordered and the Wine has been poured. Get well Stevie!
Old 06-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125
How far is Hershey from Pittsburgh? I have plans in the morning but might be able to get there by show time if it isnt too far away. I have been there once when I was younger but dont remember how long it took to get there.
If you take the Turnpike to the Harrisburg exit, you should be able to make it in about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. At least that is how long it took me to go to the Pittsburgh SYW concert last year, and I live in Harrisburg.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 06-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm thinking I can still make Hershey. The wedding in Lancaster is at 3, reception at 4, leave a little early from there. Shouldn't be a problem, and my sister-in-law, who's going with me, is willing to do the same. I'd rather leave that wedding early than leave my grandparents' 65th anniversary dinner early, which is what we'd be doing this weekend.
This is all assuming they don't postpone or cancel again!

Good Luck to everyone else who's trying to rearrange things!
Carol
Old 06-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by math24
This is a total kick in the balls for me because I'm scheduled to go to an Aerosmith concert on the 12th in Atlantic City...so now I have to choose which one to go to. I'll be sitting at one or the other wondering why I didn't choose the other one...talk about frustrating. But I guess we just have to hope Stevie gets well.
Well this is an easy problem to solve - pick Fleetwood Mac!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by math24
This is a total kick in the balls for me because I'm scheduled to go to an Aerosmith concert on the 12th in Atlantic City...so now I have to choose which one to go to. I'll be sitting at one or the other wondering why I didn't choose the other one...talk about frustrating. But I guess we just have to hope Stevie gets well.
Of course everyone here would say go to Fleetwood Mac However, if you saw FM last year at all, then I'd say go to Aerosmith instead. I mean, FM is basically the same show as last time around. But if this is to be your first Mac show, then go see the Mac.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Mad4Stevie!! Thanks for the info. That isnt too far away but convincing my husband will be another ordeal. I am going to keep checking TM over the next week and if I pull up really good seats to either Hershey or Cuyahoga then I will buy them and worry about the details later.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

Well I did see the mac last year...but I really really really wanted to see Sara live...LOL. And I've seen Aerosmith three times already but the change their set...so you can see where I'm in a quandry. Also...both concerts were done through brokers/ebay so either way 500 bucks goes down the drain...LOL. Anyway...I'll probably just go to Aerosmith...but I'll listen to Fleetwood Mac in the car all the way there to make up for it.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125
Hey Mad4Stevie!! Thanks for the info. That isnt too far away but convincing my husband will be another ordeal. I am going to keep checking TM over the next week and if I pull up really good seats to either Hershey or Cuyahoga then I will buy them and worry about the details later.
There are 10th row on there now for the Hershey show, and I saw that someone on another chat board got 3rd row tickets today - good luck!!!

The drive is shorter than it sounds - and if you come earlier maybe you and your hubby could stop by and check out Hersheypark (you get a discount if you have a concert ticket).

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 06-03-2004, 06:16 AM
Junior Ledgie

Well, I just hope Stevie takes it easy at the show at Jones Beach. I think it's suppposed to be 75 degrees on Sunday, but I'm sure it's cooler at the shore. I wonder how that will be for her throat? I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed for Hartford on the 8th.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, it's 90% official - I'm out for Hershey. Feel like such a loser, I was crying last night - over a friggin CONCERT - what the F is wrong with me?

But I'm not taking any chances just in case the date changes again or a miracle happens in my schedule - not attempting to get a refund from Fanfire until a day or two before the show when I've lost all hope. That would be just my luck, if it turns out I CAN go & but have no ticket!

Paula
Old 06-03-2004, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since the Fall of 2002 this version of Fleetwood Mac has produced a 2 disc greatest hits package, a new 18 song album, 3 reissues with extras, a concert DVD, a documentary, 2 DVD audios and performed 108 concerts.

Certainly I can understand the disappointment of having your show cancelled or postponed. However 108 out of 113 dates have gone on as scheduled. Should this leg have happened? Well that is another debate. Think of all the artists who have cancelled shows recently. Aguliera, Spears, Aerosmith. Big names. It happens. The band has been giving a lot more to its fans than at anytime in the last 25 years. I think sometime expecations run so high, that there can not help but be disappointment in the reality.

Last edited by John Run; 06-03-2004 at 07:40 AM..
Old 06-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default and don't forget..

the 'Say You Will' and "Rumours' dvd-audios - which I adore.

I'm still a little disappointed this morning about the Camden show not happening tonight, but it's not the end of the world. I don't know if I'll make it to one of the shows left on this very, very long tour, so I'll be thankful that I got to see my favorite band twice last year. "Sara" live may allude me this time around, but I always have my 'boots'. Here's to the fans who capture and share the music... I'm loving the "big buzz' Raleigh show..
:-)
Old 06-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Own them both. I too love them....