User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
If it's a combination of the asthma and Epstein Barr then who knows how long it could take.
****, sistah, talk about worst case scenario!

Did you get a writing credit for Day After Tomorrow, too?

Old 06-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
****, sistah, talk about worst case scenario!

Did you get a writing credit for Day After Tomorrow, too?
Well, if I did, the checks ain't come yet.

Seriously though, I think we have to ask ourselves if we want this tour to continue past Iowa. I know we all want to see them but I don't want to see them at the expense of Stevie's health and Lindsey not spending any time with his newborn baby. I think Mick and John on the other hand, would stay on the road in perpetuity, God bless them.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Well, if I did, the checks ain't come yet.
Check your agent to make sure he ain't a Republican.

You're right baout the touring, though. She isn't in her twenties or thirties anymore, she has to cool her jets for her health. And get back into the studio already!

Old 06-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
OK unStevie is SERIOUSLY sick she should be all better by Satyraday I mean she has off completely from Sunday-Friday. So that's 6 days. Now I'm just being optimistic and I'm no doctor but if anyone here is don't you agree SIX days should be enough to recover from an illness. At least I hope so. I agree that doing amphitheatres was a BAD idea, they should've stuck with Arenas. Stevie went 100 straight plus dates without getting sick, and now boom. well when you think about who hear can say they can go a year straight without being sick. You CAN'T eventually you do. And from the reviews the first 5 shows of this leg were some of the best this tour so far.

Very good points...to be touring BASICALLY nonstop (with a few breaks) like that is risky, considering their age...I mean I know if I were to go on the road for a year, somewhere within my trip I would get sick, minor most likely, but still..
And yes the first few shows of this leg were some of the best IMO as well...I cant see them cancelling the whole leg, too much money invested

Chris
Old 06-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Junior Ledgie

Oh Man, I am so sorry to hear about this. It seems to me that she hasn't been feeling well since heading north, am I right? To tell you the truth, the weather here in the Northeast has been a little colder than normal and it seems to be very windy lately. Does Stevie have allergies too? I know I have allergies and I haven't had the best time with my throat either. Poor Stevie!! I hope somebody is taking extra special care of her.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
OK unStevie is SERIOUSLY sick she should be all better by Satyraday I mean she has off completely from Sunday-Friday. So that's 6 days. Now I'm just being optimistic and I'm no doctor but if anyone here is don't you agree SIX days should be enough to recover from an illness. At least I hope so. I agree that doing amphitheatres was a BAD idea, they should've stuck with Arenas. Stevie went 100 straight plus dates without getting sick, and now boom. well when you think about who hear can say they can go a year straight without being sick. You CAN'T eventually you do. And from the reviews the first 5 shows of this leg were some of the best this tour so far.
Six days isn't a long time to be sick, especially if you aren't taking care of yourself properly and getting enough rest. I had a sinus infection this past April and it took over a month to fully recover. I agree that maybe they should have passed on this leg of the tour. Hopefully they will be able to finish all the rest of the scheduled dates and make up any that they cancelled for those who haven't gone yet.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

My show isn't until July 1st and I'm already worried....
Old 06-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Wuh oh.

I just read on another board that Pittsburgh was cancelled too, but they heard that on the radio. We all know how set in stone THAT info can be.

This is horrible, I hope and pray things get better.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well Pittsburgh is only being cancelled to make room for Scranton.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
PLEASE STEVIE, take care of that throat, and get better!!!!!!!

Dear God,
Please don't let them cancel or postpone Houston. Amen.

i second that prayer
Old 06-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Allow me to third the hopes that Houston goes on. I'll be up with the sun tomorrow to find out what's going on.

*crosses fingers*

a bell is not a bell until you ring it.
a song is not a song until you sing it.
love wasn't put in your heart to stay.
love isn't love until you give it away.

when life hands you lemons, stick them down your bra and make your boobs bigger
Old 06-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is all.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow
Six days isn't a long time to be sick, especially if you aren't taking care of yourself properly and getting enough rest. I had a sinus infection this past April and it took over a month to fully recover. I agree that maybe they should have passed on this leg of the tour. Hopefully they will be able to finish all the rest of the scheduled dates and make up any that they cancelled for those who haven't gone yet.

Same thing I was thinking - I mean, think about how aweful you feel when your nose & sinuses & throat are f*cked up (sorry!) and you're feverish & have chills. Your mouth is dry & your throat is red & scratchy. And the hardest thing to do is go to work or take care of your crazy family, which is stressful beyond belief, moreso because you feel drained & tired & ill.

Now imagine feeling that way & having to go out onto a stage in front of 10,000 people dressed in full costume (or whatever) outside in heat & humidity (or inside in air conditioning to dry you out even more) & SING and DANCE your ASS off so your fans don't think you've given them a mediocre show. And pray the whole time your voice doesn't literally just completely give out on you. AND you're 56 YEARS OLD (I think Stevie looks & feels great for her age, but she CANNOT recover from illness easily anymore, it's just not possible.)

No offense to anyone whose show's have been cancelled (I've been there myself & it sucks!) But I do feel for Stevie. I really hope that she's feeling better by Saturday, but if not, I don't want her to risk her beautiful instrument forever so I can see one more show. Of course I'll be pissed & upset, but I'll get over it - if she pushes too hard, she may not. JMO.

Paula
Old 06-02-2004, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the uncertainity about their return rests on Stevie's swollen vocal cords due to her illness. She may be feeling better, but her vocal cords still be swollen because of it. Swollen vocal cords can only be helped by resting them, and if she tries to over do it while they are swollen she could do irreparable damage to her vocal cords. That would mean no more Stevie singing, and no one wants that! It is terrible about the fans missing their shows and ticket refund fiasco. It looks like they would try to reschedule instead of cancel these shows, if they aren't touring after the already set dates. They must have a good reason for that too.

Get Well Soon, Stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin