The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

boy--i`m sure glad i didnt head to Scranton right from work! I would have been royally pissed if i drove all that way only to find out there wasnt a show!!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Would you want to go to a ****ty show? I did on Friday and I didn't have a good time.
No offense, diss, but your hearing seems to be off most of the time anyway.

Seriously though, I'm wondering if on future tours, Stevie will avoid outdoor shows altogether... it seems to wreak havoc on her respiratory system.
And in addition to it being uncomfortable for her to sing, I'm sure she's probably also insecure about how she might be sounding.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
What show are you going to Carne?

~Alex
Jones Beach
Old 06-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From http://www.fleetwoodmac.com/news/ind...ction&sec_id=3

We can officially confirm that tonight's show at the Ford Pavilion in Scranton, PA is postponed. Management has also informed us that a reschedule date has not been confirmed. Hopefully we will have more information on Wednesday morning about this show and we will post it here as soon as we get the word from management.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
From http://www.fleetwoodmac.com/news/ind...ction&sec_id=3

We can officially confirm that tonight's show at the Ford Pavilion in Scranton, PA is postponed. Management has also informed us that a reschedule date has not been confirmed. Hopefully we will have more information on Wednesday morning about this show and we will post it here as soon as we get the word from management.
Interesting...no mention of Camden...
Old 06-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
We can officially confirm that tonight's show at the Ford Pavilion in Scranton, PA is postponed. Management has also informed us that a reschedule date has not been confirmed.
I'm glad to hear that there's still hope that the Pittsburgh show hasn't been dropped.
I have several friends attending that show, and I'd hate to see their show cancelled.

Hopefully any dates that are missed, will be made up later.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I almost got tickets to Scranton... thank God I didn't or my mom would finally find out my knowlege of the profanic language.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh God please don't let them cancel Jones Beach! I'm flying to the states *JUST* for that show! Aaaahhh!

*crosses fingers*
Old 06-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmm...wonder where they'll be spending the next few days? Could it possibly be in Philly???? That would be nice. I think I read last year they stayed at the Ritz Carlton, which is across the street from my office! Thoughts, anyone?

Carol
Old 06-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK unStevie is SERIOUSLY sick she should be all better by Satyraday I mean she has off completely from Sunday-Friday. So that's 6 days. Now I'm just being optimistic and I'm no doctor but if anyone here is don't you agree SIX days should be enough to recover from an illness. At least I hope so. I agree that doing amphitheatres was a BAD idea, they should've stuck with Arenas. Stevie went 100 straight plus dates without getting sick, and now boom. well when you think about who hear can say they can go a year straight without being sick. You CAN'T eventually you do. And from the reviews the first 5 shows of this leg were some of the best this tour so far.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Yeah really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Seriously though, I'm wondering if on future tours, Stevie will avoid outdoor shows altogether... it seems to wreak havoc on her respiratory system. And in addition to it being uncomfortable for her to sing, I'm sure she's probably also insecure about how she might be sounding.
Outdoor venues SUCK. I prefer to be inside where it's air conditioned with no bugs. LOL

I really wish they hadn't done another leg, even tho I'm happy about front row in Houston and seeing them in Dallas again, but they should have gone home to rest and work on their solos and next FM album.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I really wish they hadn't done another leg, even tho I'm happy about front row in Houston and seeing them in Dallas again, but they should have gone home to rest and work on their solos and next FM album.
I whole-heartedly agree, Christy.
Personally, I wouldn't mind if they stuck to recording albums, and no longer bothered with touring at all (or only did very brief tours)... but that's an opinion I don't often express, because I realize a good many people enjoy the live experience, and would be greatly disappointed if they retired from the road altogether.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

PLEASE, PLEASE don't cancel Hershey - Amen!
Old 06-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My Scranton show was postponed/cancelled whatever ... I am wallowing in my sorrows here!!!!!! I can't take it!
Old 06-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
OK unStevie is SERIOUSLY sick she should be all better by Satyraday I mean she has off completely from Sunday-Friday. So that's 6 days. Now I'm just being optimistic and I'm no doctor but if anyone here is don't you agree SIX days should be enough to recover from an illness. At least I hope so. I agree that doing amphitheatres was a BAD idea, they should've stuck with Arenas. Stevie went 100 straight plus dates without getting sick, and now boom. well when you think about who hear can say they can go a year straight without being sick. You CAN'T eventually you do. And from the reviews the first 5 shows of this leg were some of the best this tour so far.
If it's a combination of the asthma and Epstein Barr then who knows how long it could take.