User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Moreover and for the record, I think it would be HEAVEN to have a personal assistant
So she would have said: gerald, my boss Jason here wants you to have a cocktail. What can I order?

Nah.

You're your best personal assistant. I would never have had the guts to say: Non merci, but I'd like a beer instead.

Old 05-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Y'all lare so funny I totally did not get anything like these bad Karen Johnson thoughts. In DR, it looked to me like KJ was there to back Stevie up in her explanations to LB, in other words, Stevie was scared LB would not believe her. But, this is a great example of how people can see the same thing and walk away with many diff. tbhoughts about it

Moreover and for the record, I think it would be HEAVEN to have a personal assistant
See, but this is the thing...if Stevie didn't want her imput, she'd say so. It's part of her job and she's doing it so I don't have a problem with it. But yes, I'd say it wasn't the first time she and Lindsey have had words with one another. IMO, I think Lindsey wants Stevie to fight her own battles and not do it through someone else. I think that was part of the reason he was getting so frustrated in that clip.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's kind of neat when you're rich & famous ... you can pay people to do just about everything for you!

I kinda wish I had a personal assistant, too!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

I noticed they cut away, in certain instances, it's like when they don't agree, everybody run for cover
Old 05-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdreamer
I noticed they cut away, in certain instances, it's like when they don't agree, everybody run for cover
I think you're right!! It sounds like some of their disagreements can get intense!!
Old 05-31-2004, 11:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm telling ya, did you see when they were in rehearsals and LB couldn't stay until 10, they did a cut away, and all of a sudden Mick was standing in the middle of all of them.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's not in the band to be the drummer and founder, he's really the tall body guard guy.

He Will Burn You Down

Last edited by Hawkeye; 05-31-2004 at 11:22 PM..
Old 05-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I think Lindsey wants Stevie to fight her own battles and not do it through someone else. I think that was part of the reason he was getting so frustrated in that clip.
I think so, too. I think he's just not in the mood at that point to discuss intense band business with personal assistants. He probably wants Karen to excuse herself, which she should have done.

Bands are really funny because the people in them act differently from the way they would outside the band. The band environment tends to concentrate emotions, to funnel them. Most band members detest talking "through" outsiders, or having their messages relayed from one person to another. When a lot of bands rehearse or record, they rely on a No Guests policy. Egos are fragile & tempers flare, & it's really best when band members don't bring tag-alongs (with the possible exception of seeing eye dogs).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-31-2004, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I think so, too. I think he's just not in the mood at that point to discuss intense band business with personal assistants. He probably wants Karen to excuse herself, which she should have done.

Bands are really funny because the people in them act differently from the way they would outside the band. The band environment tends to concentrate emotions, to funnel them. Most band members detest talking "through" outsiders, or having their messages relayed from one person to another. When a lot of bands rehearse or record, they rely on a No Guests policy. Egos are fragile & tempers flare, & it's really best when band members don't bring tag-alongs (with the possible exception of seeing eye dogs).
I can certainly see why he wouldn't want to. Just think about all the information that would become altered and skewed as the message passed down a line of other people. Again, another reason why they chose to record in neutral territory. Can you imagine them recording in Lindsey's house?
Old 06-01-2004, 12:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Mick's not in the band to be the drummer and founder, he's really the tall body guard guy.
Maybe everyone else hear didn't see things the way saw them, but they did cut
away, and then Mick was magically there in the middle of all of them, it was kind
of strange.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Can you imagine them recording in Lindsey's house?
Oh God, all the conversations would end with "Well I own the masters!"
Old 06-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Y'all lare so funny I totally did not get anything like these bad Karen Johnson thoughts. In DR, it looked to me like KJ was there to back Stevie up in her explanations to LB, in other words, Stevie was scared LB would not believe her. But, this is a great example of how people can see the same thing and walk away with many diff. tbhoughts about it

I saw things your way too...
Old 06-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I can certainly see why he wouldn't want to. Just think about all the information that would become altered and skewed as the message passed down a line of other people. Again, another reason why they chose to record in neutral territory. Can you imagine them recording in Lindsey's house?
Yeah, it broke up the band-Tango In The Night.