The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2003, 02:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Question Waiting for the General Public Sale?

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the info about the New York City / Meadowlands venue!

I just have one other question about how this presale works, I know for other artists presales they release certain blocks of tickets before they release them to the general public, but that isn't to say that presale buyers have first access to ALL the tickets, and that it is possible to get better tickets during the general sale than were available for the presale (for example I've been trying on the ticketmaster website all day to buy $85 tickets for the Meadowlands show but all they seem to be selling is section 212). I'm just wondering since I kind of missed the boat on the presale if it would be better to wait or try to get whatever's left ASAP?

Evan
Maybe. But not with me or Christine or Lindsey. Christine and I will always be close; Lindsey just plain doesn't like me. I never had any musical training of any kind. I just had this innate ability to walk in, sit down at a piano, and write a song in five minutes, and go to bed. It drives him nuts. - Stevie Nicks, 1994
Old 03-07-2003, 03:58 AM
Ledgie

Default Yes Evan

I used to work at a ticketmaster outlet years ago, and I can definitely say "YES" - waiting might not be a bad idea. Ticketmaster does strange things with tickets that I haven't even figured out yet. For example, at some events, sometimes really good seats (in the first few rows, or otherwise really close) will be released later on, perhaps only a few weeks before a show. My understanding is that certain "really good" seats are set aside for record company execs and family, friends - basically insiders. But later on, these seats are often released to the general public once it has been established that those seats will not be used by the people they are intended for. The unfortunate thing about this system, however, is that the seats will often pop up in the ticketmaster system with absolutely no notice...they'll just all of a sudden be there.

But as for blocks of tickets, yeah, you might be able to get a better deal/choice of seating by waiting for the general sale. Personally, I prefer to do it this way, because often what the ticketmaster system says are the "best availble" seats in a price range really aren't the best seats (for example, maybe section 212, in your case, really isn't as good as section 218). By getting the tickets in person, you can look at the seating chart and have the person check other sections that might be more appealing to YOU - so basically there's more interaction and you're not just stuck with whatever the system brings up. However, they do generally sell out the sections in numerical order, so don't expect to go in there getting seats for the very best section - lol. And who knows, maybe certain blocks of sections will be released to the general public once it has been established that not as many people as anticipated wanted to pay $60 to join the fan club to get the seats ahead of time. All I know is that ticketmaster is usually the last to get the insider batches of tickets. Does that make sense?

I'm waiting for the general sale personally, because I don't want to have to pay money to the fan club. I'll get to the show one way or another - lol

take it easy
david

Last edited by LindseyRocks; 03-07-2003 at 04:01 AM..