Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
The reality is that in Fleetwood Mac, there are members that people go to specifically see. If you are there to see Lindsey, but he is touring independently (for much less per ticket, and at close by venues) you may forgo the full Fleetwood Mac ticket and just go see him.
I don't think firing him will solve the problem of losing sales re: fans who were coming specifically to see Lindsey...

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-16-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Given the backlash, which I assume is far more pervasive than they anticipated, I would think they would try to calm the tide a bit?
If this is true, I'm fairly certain the PR team would've told the band that it's best to say nothing rather than potentially add fuel to the fire. They wouldn't want to reflect negatively on the new line up... so to say "yeah Lindsey will be back in a few years" might make this change seem short lived and pointless rather than exciting and fresh. (I mean, is it really anyways? lol)
Old 04-16-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
If this is true, I'm fairly certain the PR team would've told the band that it's best to say nothing rather than potentially add fuel to the fire. They wouldn't want to reflect negatively on the new line up... so to say "yeah Lindsey will be back in a few years" might make this change seem short lived and pointless rather than exciting and fresh. (I mean, is it really anyways? lol)
No idea if it’s true...part “wishful thinking” and part freshman year of college business class. I honestly don’t think they expected the backlash they’ve received. I think the silence on both parts could be “let’s assess this as it continues to unfold “ and keep your mouth shut in case there’s a lawsuit. I like to think Lindsey’s silences is my point 2 above, but also attempting to not be part of the rumor and innuendo. I think the bands silence is my point #2 and an attempt to assess the landscape before they remaining 4 need to do press for the tour. The temperature of the fans will likely guide their messaging. Just all my opinion though.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Eagles are selling 60% of the arenas capacity, and Glenn Frey is dead. They must have thought fans reactions wouldn't be the same because Lindsey is pretty much alive.
Maybe LB should join the Eagles
and fill up that remaining 40%

i hope this tour line up tanks
and Stevie can go join the Heartbreakers as ppl have suggested

and FM officially disbands and never utters a word ever again.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
No idea if it’s true...part “wishful thinking” and part freshman year of college business class. I honestly don’t think they expected the backlash they’ve received.
I wonder if they actually are genuinely worried about the backlash... I suppose ticket sales will be the only indicator to them that matters.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I wonder if they actually are genuinely worried about the backlash... I suppose ticket sales will be the only indicator to them that matters.
The wallet rules the world If it's true the tour will officially be announced next week, we will soon find out. I am curious to see how they roll it out though--what markets, how broad, etc. IE do they avoid MSG and go to Barclays or Prudential for NY Area.... Situations like that.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"All I want to say to all of you is that the band meeting where the decision was made that he was no longer in the band was surely so ugly....so sad...so awful...that I, for one, am grateful that I wasn't a witness to it."

I think she's spot on with this.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
"All I want to say to all of you is that the band meeting where the decision was made that he was no longer in the band was surely so ugly....so sad...so awful...that I, for one, am grateful that I wasn't a witness to it."

I think she's spot on with this.
One thing you can say for her is that while she was often self-deluded, she vividly captured personalities of the band members. They are a nasty bunch.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
One thing you can say for her is that while she was often self-deluded, she vividly captured personalities of the band members. They are a nasty bunch.
She's also a bit of a "hanger on" even after all this time..She probably sees this news as a few more books to sell
Old 04-16-2018, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think its pretty safe to assume Carrol Ann would still be in contact with most of the "insiders" such a Sara Fleetwood etc.. Not the band, but friends of the band.

This latest debacle, i imagine spread like wildfire within there tight little community, after the sh$t hit the fan

BTW, I am sad and sorry it has all ended this way.. LB's energy and interactions on the stage will be greatly missed..
Old 04-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
I think its pretty safe to assume Carrol Ann would still be in contact with most of the "insiders" such a Sara Fleetwood etc.. Not the band, but friends of the band.

This latest debacle, i imagine spread like wildfire within there tight little community, after the sh$t hit the fan
I very highly doubt that she has been part of the band's circle at all since the 80s. She's probably still friends with Sara Fleetwood, but Sara herself is no longer part of that circle.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I very highly doubt that she has been part of the band's circle at all since the 80s. She's probably still friends with Sara Fleetwood, but Sara herself is no longer part of that circle.
Yes i agree, she has not been part of the bands circle in a very long time, but via the grapevine ... friends of friends

That comment she posted on Instagram, IMHO was more than likely not just made up tho..