Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow... Uncut magazine used a picture of Lindsey and Christine for the cover that's almost 40 years old. Yet when Stevie was on the cover of Rolling Stone 2 or 3 years ago, they used a current photo.
They didn't want to look frumpy or grey like people younger than them.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
But when Uncut did a a whole FM spread, a while back, they also used 40 year old photos.

It's what Uncut often does.

RS used a recent photo of CM/BL when they announced the upcoming album.
Well, when my son went to college he graduated with honors!! Oh, how did yours do, dear?
Old 03-14-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
not grumpy or gray?

love this Tusk-era pic and love that recent pic of them in RS.

can't wait for the whole article! hope we find out actual release date and whether there will be a tour.
great minds!!
Old 03-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Bob Welch? Is he the guy who makes the grape juice?
That's hard for me. The Bob Welch era was the best imho, it just hurts me that he does not get any recognition from the band he influenced so much.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That's hard for me. The Bob Welch era was the best imho, it just hurts me that he does not get any recognition from the band he influenced so much.
I agree. I would say that Mystery To Me is second only to Rumours and Tusk. It's a damned fantastic album!!!

And they sweep his years and FIVE albums under the rug, like they never happened. They should ALL be ashamed of themselves.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And they sweep his years and FIVE albums under the rug, like they never happened. They should ALL be ashamed of themselves.
Probably has something to do with whatever went down with the Rock n Roll HOF thing and how obviously bitter he and his wife were about it.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am looking forward to the album, and will buy it on Amazon the day it's released. I think it will be great because it's Fleetwood Mac, just without Stevie. However, objectively speaking, I don't think it will sell much. Maybe as well as 24 Karat Gold. A few brief blurbs from Christine and Lindsey or an article and cover for Uncut magazine is not the same as an article and cover for Rolling Stone. I would be happy to be wrong. I would LOVE it if radio would play songs from the upcoming album... I just don't think it will happen.

Ultimately, sales don't mean an album is good or bad, we all know that. But if this is possibly the last album they record, I would love it if they went out on top. Just don't think this will happen. The album's release date is still TBD in May, less than a month and a half away, yet there are no tour dates announced, no word about potential singles, no tv appearances or even performances scheduled.

I guess what I'm saying is we need to be realistic about this album.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Probably has something to do with whatever went down with the Rock n Roll HOF thing and how obviously bitter he and his wife were about it.
I think Wendy(his wife) took the snub harder than he did. Bob was her life, and I wasn't surprised that she passed a few months ago. I believe that she was truly lost without him.

It was shocking when she got banned from the Ledge, though! But, she was bitter, and couldn't control herself and her anger about Bob's exclusion, so the ban wasn't surprising. It was still sad to see an "inside" member of the FM family banned. But it was what it was...
Old 03-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Wendy(his wife) took the snub harder than he did. Bob was her life, and I wasn't surprised that she passed a few months ago. I believe that she was truly lost without him.

It was shocking when she got banned from the Ledge, though! But, she was bitter, and couldn't control herself and her anger about Bob's exclusion, so the ban wasn't surprising. It was still sad to see an "inside" member of the FM family banned. But it was what it was...
Oh yeah she was definitely was very bitter, I'm not too surprised she got banned because I read over the threads where she posted and some of the stuff she said was quite...messy. But he probably had something of an axe to grind as well, which is understandable. However I'm not sure if I totally trust their side of the story, a lot of it like I said just seemed very messy.

That's the funny thing about this band. There's so many different sides of every story from like 900 different people. For example, Richard Dashut said a lot of the things Ken said about him were untrue, him going broke and Lindsey not paying him and selling all his FM records and Grammy. His assistant who doesn't seem the biggest Ken fan even posted a huge picture of him a while back with all of his stuff perfectly intact and said there was no fallout with the band or anything.

It's why I take everything with a grain of salt tbh.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
The Welch/McVie years were awesome!!

It was underground and not genre driven. You got some jazz, some rock, some ballads, and tons of harmony.

There was a magic and chemistry that no longer exists on FM. I hope the Buckingham/McVie album brings that magic back.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exciting!!!
Old 03-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The Welch/McVie years were awesome

There was a magic and chemistry that no longer exists on FM. I hope the Buckingham/McVie album brings that magic back.

I'm sure it will. If it wasn't a duet album I would have my doubts. This is going to be great I can just feel it.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I'm sure it will. If it wasn't a duet album I would have my doubts. This is going to be great I can just feel it.
You gotta be Mystifiiiiiiiiiieeeeedddddd

Mystified...
Old 03-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, when my son went to college he graduated with honors!! Oh, how did yours do, dear?
I'm glad you pm-ed me. Otherwise I would not have known what you were talking about!
Old 03-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You gotta be Mystifiiiiiiiiiieeeeedddddd

Mystified...

.......maybe I'm wrong but who's to say what's right?