User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Which, for the opposite reason is why I hate what Stevie is doing. You're either in a band or you're not.

She already had one when she left Fleetwood Mac in 1991 and the band played on as Fleetwood Mac with new people.

Looking at what Stevie said when Lindsey left and especially what she said about turning down Christine's offer to contribute songs to SYW, Stevie comes off as a big hypocrite.
We can all peddle that sh*t till the cows come home. *Many* of "her people" aren't rational about this situation. They never will be. There is no FM without her.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:10 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You are welcome to your opinion. At first, I couldn't imagine them not doing a final 5 album. But with Stevie's attitude and her obsession w/ money and validating herself in FAME.. I'm glad she's not around.

I would love if they did a FAB 4 final FMac album. At this point in their careers, it would be awesome!
Thanks

I would have loved one last record too , but we have been told that's not going to happen , and if it does at this point it will be for all the wrong reasons, ( my opinion ) and when one of them passes and the opportunity is gone , we'll get the remorse speech and how life is short and a record should have been made , and friendships are so fragile ........

But we have this Fabulous new Buckingham McVie record and tour , that I could have never imagined happening
Old 03-15-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Thanks

I would have loved one last record too , but we have been told that's not going to happen , and if it does at this point it will be for all the wrong reasons, ( my opinion ) and when one of them passes and the opportunity is gone , we'll get the remorse speech and how life is short and a record should have been made , and friendships are so fragile ........

But we have this Fabulous new Buckingham McVie record and tour , that I could have never imagined happening
Exactly, Nicks' apologists will always be there to defend her (no matter what she says).. but I'm excited as ever to have something genuine from Buckingham/McVie. This project feels like a concept of new written material. And I love how Mick stated that this became quickly about their relationship. Just wow!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:48 AM
Registered

Quote:
Exactly, Nicks' apologists will always be there to defend her (no matter what she says).. but I'm excited as ever to have something genuine from Buckingham/McVie. This project feels like a concept of new written material. And I love how Mick stated that this became quickly about their relationship. Just wow!
if only he could speak freely ! looks like she is booking shows in September so that should free up Buckingham McVie to do a proper tour!

Last edited by olive; 03-15-2017 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-15-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
if only he could speak freely ! looks like she is booking shows in September so that should free up Buckingham McVie to do a proper tour!
I don't think it would make sense not to promote the album with a tour. But, who knows.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think it would make sense not to promote the album with a tour. But, who knows.
I wonder if they'd tour the same time as Stevie. It might be tough to sell tickets considering many fans just saw her and aren't willing to spend more money
Old 03-15-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
I wonder if they'd tour the same time as Stevie. It might be tough to sell tickets considering many fans just saw her and aren't willing to spend more money
I think this would be a different beast. Smaller more intimate venues. A chance to see these two stars up close. I'm guessing that wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-15-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Old 03-15-2017, 09:12 AM

I don't think there anything sure about the future, for now we only know that Fleetwood Mac will perform the Classic East and West festivals in July and Stevie accepted to perform at Hyde Park in July and the Ravinia Festival in September.
After July things might change.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think this would be a different beast. Smaller more intimate venues. A chance to see these two stars up close. I'm guessing that wouldn't be a problem.
Good point. I'm also surprised that Mick and John aren't joining them. I wonder if they'll be performing with Lindsey's small machine group.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-15-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Old 03-15-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Good point. I'm also surprised that Mick and John aren't joining them. I wonder if they'll be performing with Lindsey's small machine group.
As far as I know... McVie/Buckingham will be touring without them.

I'm glad. It lets them cultivate their relationship.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To SN:

I've been waiting
And I'm through waiting for you
The train sings the same kind of blues

Well, I don't know
Why I always trusted
Sometimes I think
That I must have
I must have been crazy
Crazy to wait on you, baby

Well, I turned around
And got pushed down, baby
Now I decided yesterday
That I would leave you
I'm alright

I believe, I believe
That I know you
Cause we've been a long time,
Now I got to show you, that I
Well, I never did believe in time
You know, changin' anybody's mind

Now, I can't define love
Like it should be
That's alright,
That's alright

Please, I've been takin' my time
You know, it's been on my mind
I hope you find a love
Your own designs of love
That's alright............

That's alright

Love,
Fleetwood Mac
Old 03-15-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
To SN:

I've been waiting
And I'm through waiting for you
The train sings the same kind of blues

Well, I don't know
Why I always trusted
Sometimes I think
That I must have
I must have been crazy
Crazy to wait on you, baby

Well, I turned around
And got pushed down, baby
Now I decided yesterday
That I would leave you
I'm alright

I believe, I believe
That I know you
Cause we've been a long time,
Now I got to show you, that I
Well, I never did believe in time
You know, changin' anybody's mind

Now, I can't define love
Like it should be
That's alright,
That's alright

Please, I've been takin' my time
You know, it's been on my mind
I hope you find a love
Your own designs of love
That's alright............

That's alright

Love,
Fleetwood Mac
perfection!!
Old 03-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I had a feeling that John and Mick wouldn't be as much a part of this album as everyone thought. I guess this is also why it's Buckingham McVie.

I remember seeing somewhere along the way in one of the early bits of press about it that they mentioned that Mick and John would be "guesting" (or something of the sort) on some portion of the tracks, so I got the impression that it was never going to be a full Mac (minus Stevie of course) project. With that in mind, I don't guess it surprises me that they won't be coming along for any tour that might materialize.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As far as I know... McVie/Buckingham will be touring without them.

I'm glad. It lets them cultivate their relationship.
Touring without the small machine group or did you mean touring without John and Mick
Old 03-15-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Touring without the small machine group or did you mean touring without John and Mick
John & Mick.