User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Huh! Do you have selective memory? Have you ignored the last 30 years? That is all she does.
Steve's never had any failures, so how could she blame Lindsey?
Old 03-17-2017, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Doesn't a Fleetwood Mac album outsell Stevie Nicks solo records anyway? So her excuse doesn't hold for me.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 03-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Tusk" sold 2 million in 1979 and produced 2 top ten singles. "Bella Donna" sold 5 million since 1981 and produced 2 top ten singles, and one top 15. "Mirage" sold 2 million​ in 1982 and produced 1 top ten and one top 20 single. "The Wild Heart" sold 2 million since 1983, produced a top ten single and one top 15. "Rock a little" sold a million in 1985 and produced one top ten single and one top 20. "Tango in the night sold 3 million since 1987 and produced 2 top ten singles and 2 more top 20 hits. " The other side of the mirror" sold one million since 1989 and one top 20 hit. "Behind the Mask" sold 500,000 in 1990 and no top 30 hits. " Street Angel" peaked at #45 in 1994 and sold poorly but later certified gold. " The Dance" sold about 5 million since 1997. "Trouble in Shangri la" sold about 650,000 since 2001 and "Say you will" about 800,000 since 2003. All these figures are approximant and US sales, not worldwide totals. I'm only including albums released just before her solo career launched and afterwards.

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 03-17-2017 at 08:04 AM..
Old 03-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I truly think Buck/McV are slow playing things as much as they can with the hope SN comes around, they can add her stuff in quickly, and boom it's a MAC album.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think they are slow playing up the BM album in hopes of Stevie joining in at the last minute. I think that ship has sailed for this project.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I truly think Buck/McV are slow playing things as much as they can with the hope SN comes around, they can add her stuff in quickly, and boom it's a MAC album.
I think the cat is already out of the bag.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
they did.... since 2014. they finally decided it's not worth the wait.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-17-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they did.... since 2014. they finally decided it's not worth the wait.
The undertone of the article is that the further they wrote together, the more they understood it was about the two of them and Stevie probably would have ruined it.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The undertone of the article is that the further they wrote together, the more they understood it was about the two of them and Stevie probably would have ruined it.

She was too busy trashing Lindsey and her latest interview

Default Stevie in Q Magazine (March, 2017)
10 COMMANDMENTS: STEVIE NICKS - Q Magazine, March 2017
THE FLEETWOOD MAC SINGER DELIVERS HER GOLDEN RULES FOR LIVING.

1 MAKE LIKE A BOY OR GIRL SCOUT: BE PREPARED

I’m scared, that’s what I am. Before shows, some people – me, Mick [Fleetwood, [ drummer], we get panic attacks. I have always been terribly nervous before shows. So I am so rehearsed and ready that I could be dead and stand up there and still sing the right words and do the right thing. Cocaine almost killed me. It’s better to just not do it. Eventually you’ll have to stop so start saving your money for rehab now.

2 THE DRUGS DON’T WORK, THEY JUST MAKE IT WORSE

Touring with Fleetwood Mac in the ’70s, cocaine was almost part of the daily routine. But when I talk about it now, I would never want the kids of today to think that I’m saying it was something good. Cos it really wasn’t something good. It almost destroyed my life. It almost killed me, and almost killed a lot of people I know. So if anybody thinks it’s safe now – it’s not. It’s better to just not do it. Because you will eventually have to stop, so start saving your money for rehab now. It’s so expensive.

3 LYRICISTS! WATCH YOUR CUSS WORDS

I’ve been listening to The Weeknd’s records. I play them one after the other when I’m in my bathroom getting ready to go out, or just hanging out with myself. He’s brilliant. And his voice – he could have come straight out of 1975 – he could have been like Stevie Winwood. He’s over-talented. But if I were to meet him, I would probably say: “You say over and over again words that I would prefer you didn’t say. I think they’re unnecessary. However, even though I think a lot of your songs are super-dirty, I still really like ’em! So I’ve given you a pass on that!”

4 SINGERS! WATCH YOUR SYLLABLES

I saw Adele at the Grammys [Adele had to restart a performance of George Michael’s Fastlove], and that song was a very hard song to sing for George Michael. It’s all about the syllables. I have a song on my 24 Karat Gold album, Mabel Normand, that’s exactly the same. That’s the reason we’re not doing it onstage. Because if you take a breath, you get off the beat. You’re one word too late, you can never get back on, and you’re dead in the water.

5 YOU’RE A ROCK STAR – THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS A SICKIE

Onstage is the one time you can’t bemoan how you feel. Even if you have pneumonia, you have to say: “I’m leaving that in the dressing room and I’m walking out and I’m gonna be great. And when I come offstage, then I can burst into tears.”

6 WRITING TIMELESS POP OR EPIC FANTASY – EACH IS AS HARD AS THE OTHER

I love Game Of Thrones. [Author Author] George RR Martin is my age [68 ] and it blows my mind that he’s able to create this vast, interlinked world. As a songwriter I write little movies, but I can’t imagine writing even one small book. But then, probably, somebody like him would say, “I couldn’t imagine writing Landslide.”

7 DON’T FEAR THE PRODUCER

In the 24 Karat Gold show, I’m singing songs that are new old songs – the ones that should have gone on [Fleetwood Mac’s] Tusk and Tango In The Night, and on [solo albums] Bella Donna, The Wild Heart and Rock A Little. And they didn’t: not because they weren’t good enough, but because I didn’t like how they were done at the time. I didn’t like the producers’ concept, whether it was Lindsey [Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac bandmate] or Jimmy Iovine. So I pulled them. So the way the songs are recorded on 24 Karat Gold is exactly how they were done as demos.

8 LEARN FROM THE GREATS. AND TAKE FROM THE GREATS

I give Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and [Jefferson Airplane singer] Grace Slick the three nods. From Grace I got her slinky-ness. Janis was just little with a big attitude and big hair and feathers, and a drop-dead amazing voice. And Jimi was completely and utterly humble. So from those three people I got slinky, attitude and humility – and that was my stage performance.

9 RESPECT OTHER ARTISTS, WHEREVER THEY ARE ON THE BILL

Chrissie Hynde and I have been touring America together. She’s just fantastic. A lot of the people in her group say they haven’t seen her that happy in 30 years. And I love that so much. Because I never wanted Chrissie to feel like she was opening for me. I wanted her to feel that it was a complete and utter double bill. But because the tour was my idea, I got to go on last, basically.

10 BE AN EASY WRITER, AND AN EASY ROCKER

I’ve always loved Tom Petty, from Refugee to Breakdown, all thosesongs. Tom’s an easy writer – very unlike Lindsey, more like myself. When Tom goes up there onstage, he might as well be in his studio or his living room with the stereo banging.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-17-2017 at 05:36 PM..
Old 03-17-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
She was too busy trashing Lindsey and her latest interview

Default Stevie in Q Magazine (March, 2017)

10 BE AN EASY WRITER, AND AN EASY ROCKER

I’ve always loved Tom Petty, from Refugee to Breakdown, all thosesongs. Tom’s an easy writer – very unlike Lindsey, more like myself. When Tom goes up there onstage, he might as well be in his studio or his living room with the stereo banging.
She is utterly classless. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-17-2017 at 05:56 PM..
Old 03-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's not really trashing I don't think. She's not really saying it in a bad way and it's no secret Lindsey is an OTT perfectionist. She's just saying how she's different, and Tom more is like her. Stuff she's said a billion times over the past 30 years, I don't think it really means anything. Trashing him would be if she talks about palm trees falling on his head or something.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:15 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
That's not really trashing I don't think. She's not really saying it in a bad way and it's no secret Lindsey is an OTT perfectionist. She's just saying how she's different, and Tom more is like her. Stuff she's said a billion times over the past 30 years, I don't think it really means anything. Trashing him would be if she talks about palm trees falling on his head or something.
So while they're out promoting a new record and 2 solo records to be released in the future... She is just promoting the best of her past interviews, that is sad.

Last edited by olive; 03-18-2017 at 07:37 AM..
Old 03-19-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
So while they're out promoting a new record and 2 solo records to be released in the future... She is just promoting the best of her past interviews, that is sad.
I can't stand reading her interviews, lately. It's like nails on a chalkboard.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I can't stand reading her interviews, lately. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Hate to state the obvious, but maybe don't read them, then.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most of it we've heard. But I liked hearing that she and Chrissie Hynde are having a good time together on the road. I'd never heard her refer to Jimi Hendrix as humble before. And I didn't know she and Mick get freak-out nervous before a show.

Okay.

But what does being an "easy writer" mean? I think she means the process of writing it and producing it as opposed to the song itself? I mean, nothing could be easier in spirit and mood than Monday Morning or Eyes of the World.

OH--and we had to get a mention of Lanslide.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 03-19-2017 at 02:14 PM..