The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The biggest thing to come to terms with is essentially what a bunch of sh*theads they truly are at the end of the day. Lindsey, while may not have been a peach back in the day (along with all of the others)....he clearly is the only one that has any heart left in the game. I believe in the past couple of years he thought it was mutual, sadly he found out he was alone in his love for the other 4 members of that band.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The biggest thing to come to terms with is essentially what a bunch of sh*theads they truly are at the end of the day. Lindsey, while may not have been a peach back in the day (along with all of the others)....he clearly is the only one that has any heart left in the game. I believe in the past couple of years he thought it was mutual, sadly he found out he was alone in his love for the other 4 members of that band.
And that's why he should stop trying to gain their love back. They're not worth it. Not at all.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Bravo! I sometimes think I'm weird because my interest in this band stems from my love of their music, and not some voyeuristic obsession with the personal relationships within the band.
The music is great and stands on its own. I still appreciate it independently, but it would not have resonated with me so deeply and so long if I did not imagine there was underlying emotion that gave both the words and the chords pathos in my mind.

When the Dance dvd came out I replayed it so often. Lindsey back with the band. At his mic singing looking at Stevie. Away from his mic playing, looking at Chris behind her piano, musicians in synch. On tour, sometimes when Mick introduced Lindsey, Lindsey would glide out of the wings into Mick’s embrace. That sort of thing made The Chain more anthem than song, more creed than anthem. To me, I guess music just means more, muddled with imagined feelings.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And that's why he should stop trying to gain their love back.
And if you don’t love me now, you will never love me again.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The music is great and stands on its own. I still appreciate it independently, but it would not have resonated with me so deeply and so long if I did not imagine there was underlying emotion that gave both the words and the chords pathos in my mind.

When the Dance dvd came out I replayed it so often. Lindsey back with the band. At his mic singing looking at Stevie. Away from his mic playing, looking at Chris behind her piano, musicians in synch. On tour, sometimes when Mick introduced Lindsey, Lindsey would glide out of the wings into Mick’s embrace. That sort of thing made The Chain more anthem than song, more creed than anthem. To me, I guess music just means more, muddled with imagined feelings.
Same here. I missed watching The Dance so much, but I'm not ready yet.

The Chain is their anthem, no doubt. And they're now singing it without any worries in the world. They simply don't care.

Quote:
And if you don’t love me now, you will never love me again.
I get you, but I don't want him hurt again. Especially by them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

When they came back in 1997, ALL of the FAKE loving/hand holding/etc...made me want to VOMIT.

I can't think of ANYTHING more disrespectful to Kristen, and I have no idea why she would have allowed it. Completely disrespectful.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
When they came back in 1997, ALL of the FAKE loving/hand holding/etc...made me want to VOMIT.
Ditto, especially when I saw the concert t-shirt with the kiss.

Quote:
I can't think of ANYTHING more disrespectful to Kristen, and I have no idea why she would have allowed it.
Big bag of money.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Big bag of money.
Money or not, I'd never allow someone to treat me with such blatant disrespect. NEVER.

The most IDIOTIC part was the shipper fans lapping it up, when he was married with children. What kind of dolt could believe that dreck?
Old 02-20-2019, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In 1997 he wasn’t married with children yet.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I can't think of ANYTHING more disrespectful to Kristen, and I have no idea why she would have allowed it. Completely disrespectful.
Nauseating indeed. It was an insult to the fans, to the truth, and to the sanctity of Lindsey's committed relationship (whether Kristen was okay with it or not). It was also an insult to the music, as it suggested they felt the music couldn't stand on its own and needed the support of a fictitious narrative.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-20-2019 at 09:41 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He was in a committed relationship. The quasi-romantic interplay with Stevie was absurd, to put it mildly.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I feel like I'm Looking Through You by the Beatles is the perfect song to describe Lindsey's current feelings for Stevie.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
He was in a committed relationship. The quasi-romantic interplay with Stevie was absurd, to put it mildly.
Kristen was pregnant during The Dance tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-21-2019, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I don’t know what the status of his relationship was or how committed in those early days, just that Will was born the following year.

Besides, although people delighted in the small nuances and gestures, Lindsey and Stevie were not doing anything overt. It’s not as if he was thrusting his tongue down her throat every night.

When Christine first returned and they gave the initial interview with all five of them, I remember a point where Christine grabbed Lindsey‘s hand and kissed it. PDA among show biz people tends to be normal. In fact, for most of the Dance tour (until the last few shows), when they took the stage for their final bows, Lindsey and Christine would walk right into each other’s arms and kiss, which is something Stevie and Lindsay never did. But people never made a fuss about Lindsey and Christine because they didn’t have a romantic history.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Kristen was pregnant during The Dance tour.
Oh, I know exactly when she was pregnant and when he was born and Stella was born during the SYW tour.

I believe it was Ken who said that the first pregnancy was a surprise and Lindsey was not ready to become a father at that time and it was not until the baby was born that he fell deeply in love with it.