The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My thing is, it's all very well to enjoy life and family and to stop and smell the roses and enjoy every Zevon sandwich. That's all very picturesque. If that's what you want, take it.

I'm not sure that's what Lindsey wants, however. I think he liked fueling the small machine with the big machine. It not only benefitted him monetarily, it fulfilled him in other ways. If he likes to perform for those size crowds, I want it for him.

I don't want him to bow to them in any way, but if he somehow goes back and has as much power and pride as he had before, then I don't say, "Stay away. They don't deserve it." I say, "Go Lindsey, YOU deserve it." It's not about love or bonds any more, but it could still be about personal fulfillment for him. It's pretty to think he doesn't need those things to be fulfilled any longer, but for me, it's not necessarily realistic to think that. I think he likes the high, the intimacy of the small venues, where you're connecting with dedicated fans AND the rock star screams. Maybe he's over that. If he is I am relieved. But if he's not, if he's still got a craving, I've got it too.

It's his birthright.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm not sure that's what Lindsey wants, however. I think he liked fueling the small machine with the big machine. It not only benefitted him monetarily, it fulfilled him in other ways. If he likes to perform for those size crowds, I want it for him.
sure. he can get together with some other rockers and form a supergroup. that way he can have arena size crowds and adulation, enjoyment with his actual peers, and proper respect for everything he has to give. instead of crowd falling all over themselves over some poisonous lady doing slow twirls and rambling incoherently, while not having any understanding or appreciation for stuff like even little guitar solos.

#StayAwayFromThePoison

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2019, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But what does HE want? He may never talk, but he can still use his fingers, presumably (assuming that he didn't just play Landslide using muscle memory and can't do anything else with his hands) and write out his current thoughts and desires.

If he is through with that band, fine. But he may not want to be. I don't know. I am not the forgiving sort and I would just as soon dig a hole in a snow-covered hill and shove them all in. But he may want something else. I think my feelings are, generally, more important than his own when it comes to his life. But as long as he stands his ground and isn't groveling, if they come knocking on his door and he wants to open it, I support it.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
But what does HE want? He may never talk, but he can still use his fingers, presumably (assuming that he didn't just play Landslide using muscle memory and can't do anything else with his hands) and write out his current thoughts and desires.

If he is through with that band, fine. But he may not want to be. I don't know. I am not the forgiving sort and I would just as soon dig a hole in a snow-covered hill and shove them all in. But he may want something else. I think my feelings are, generally, more important than his own when it comes to his life. But as long as he stands his ground and isn't groveling, if they come knocking on his door and he wants to open it, I support it.
Exactly. I think we just need to be supportive of him, whatever he chooses.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Well, very true, and I will, I will try my hardest anyway, in the event that he chooses that bunch again.

But I will tell you honestly that, personally, it will be very hard to stomach his (SPECIALLY if we would get so lucky, NEW)music with "those people", politely put, background-noising along.

I'd almost want a private board to listen along with so I could mix them out.

I am not even approaching divinity yet myself, as you can see.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
sure. he can get together with some other rockers and form a supergroup. that way he can have arena size crowds and adulation, enjoyment with his actual peers, and proper respect for everything he has to give. instead of crowd falling all over themselves over some poisonous lady doing slow twirls and rambling incoherently, while not having any understanding or appreciation for stuff like even little guitar solos.

#StayAwayFromThePoison
I was wondering the same thing, trying to think with whom he could team up while still having his own identity and ability to shine, but reach big venues.

Then I remembered, he DID say he would love to collaborate with Kanye West...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I was wondering the same thing, trying to think with whom he could team up while still having his own identity and ability to shine, but reach big venues.

Then I remembered, he DID say he would love to collaborate with Kanye West...
Keith Urban wants to collaborate too. I’ve decided that I will support him in whatever he does. If at some point, it means closing the legacy loop with FM, I will be there right in front of HIM cheering him on the whole time. #teamlindsey
Old 05-22-2019, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Nope. Not me.

He threw away years of creativity waiting for this band to move on new music or touring endless greatest hits tours. I didn’t want him to do that anymore before they ousted him, before the heart attack, or especially now. If they sufficiently grovel (and it would have to be tons, and theyd actually need to go with what he wants as opposed to what nicks wants) then some one offs to tie the bow would be way more than enough. And we know they won’t grovel sufficiently because they are too self centered and too ignorant to even understand what they are doing.

That said I stated before the last 2 GH FM tours that I’m not seeing those but then relented because it was the only way to see LB. I don’t want that to happen again. He’s 69 and he probably won’t be able to perform till he’s in his 70s if he wants to sing. He can tour arenas w Trent though as a guitarist!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-22-2019, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Well, very true, and I will, I will try my hardest anyway, in the event that he chooses that bunch again.

But I will tell you honestly that, personally, it will be very hard to stomach his (SPECIALLY if we would get so lucky, NEW)music with "those people", politely put, background-noising along.

I'd almost want a private board to listen along with so I could mix them out.

I am not even approaching divinity yet myself, as you can see.
Same. I will support him in anything he does. I don't know where we say we won't, but anyway..... One thing is to WANT him to go back just because you want to see him holding hands with Stevie again (even if it's all fake) and a totally different thing is to support him even if you don't like his decisions.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Keith Urban wants to collaborate too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
He can tour arenas w Trent though as a guitarist!
These were actually the first two artists that came to my mind, but I had trouble seeing how Lindsey could complement Keith on stage, unless they did a full duets project. But, yes, this would be cool. And maybe they could do a super group of others who love Lindsey (John Mayer etc). Lindsey Buckingham & The Smirks!

And I don't like NIN, so I skipped past that. And does NIN fill arenas still?

But Kanye would be a major art spectacle that the world would notice. Also, obvs, would result in the best music. But that's a pipedream. The above are more realistic for sure.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope he never goes back again. They have shown their true colors, and lack of basic decency. It's all about the money now, and the nasty old goat is their meal ticket. What she wants, she gets. F*ck them.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll take a reunion, even if it's just a one off show to say good bye. It's killing me that I don't listen to my Mac albums anymore. I'd like to feel ok doing it again.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope he never goes back again. They have shown their true colors, and lack of basic decency. It's all about the money now, and the nasty old goat is their meal ticket. What she wants, she gets. F*ck them.
I hope after this last display of a$$holeness he has the decency of never coming back, but we all know Lindsey. Organic, full circle, legacy and karmic are his favorite words. If he has the chance.... maybe if we show our disgust to the whole idea long enough he will reconsider.

Anyway, they will never ask him to go back. He already sued them and they don't like that (especially Christine). Indeed f*ck them all. All of them. They all deserve each other. Lindsey is on a different league, IMO. Always was. And he's better off without them. I hope he understands it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Keith Urban wants to collaborate too. I’ve decided that I will support him in whatever he does. If at some point, it means closing the legacy loop with FM, I will be there right in front of HIM cheering him on the whole time. #teamlindsey
That would be great for him to work with someone who appreciates his music. And along the country road, I would love to see him hoe down with the Dixie Chicks. A little guitar, a little banjo ....
Old 05-22-2019, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That would be great for him to work with someone who appreciates his music. And along the country road, I would love to see him hoe down with the Dixie Chicks. A little guitar, a little banjo ....
Dixie Chicks would be perfect!