The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is weak sauce and this news makes me sick to my stomach. It’s hard to read this.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder what contact Lindsey and Christine may have had in recent times
Old 10-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh, I agree. I hope he leaves them on the corner. It will be nice if they can at least make ammends, but I hope he declines on further touring with them.
yes to all of this.

if he goes back to any kind of longer touring and talk about album making that will never happen with the other 4, he's a complete idiot undermining his own legacy.

in 20 years since The Dance reunion, they only put out 1 album and 1 EP. he tried and tried and hoped and waited.... and finally when he managed to push out Buckingham McVie, that was the straw that broke SN's vanity. 1 album in 20 years is a waste.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 10-12-2020 at 06:28 PM..
Old 10-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see Lindsey returning to Fleetwood Mac because he'd have to become part of their partnership which I think would mean he gets a share of the pot of gold.
I think Neil and Mike were salaried for the 2018 and 2019 tour, maybe they gave some golden carrots in the contract to Neil and Mike like a cut of merch, concessions, and sponsorship. But then another contract comes with the next tour.
I don't think Stevie would want Lindsey to return to getting the same share as hers. I think mitzo will come in to support this statement
Old 10-12-2020, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If the stars align, that lineup will reunite again for one last go-around. Lindsey is all about the legacy, Mick is all about the money and Stevie is all about looking good in the eyes of the press and the fans. A lot of fans turned on her and she even alerted to the fact that pretty much blindsided her.

And lets face it, Mick has been in this position before. He knows as nice of people Neil and Mike are, and no matter how good they are at their craft, they are essentially Billy and Rick 2.0. They were temporary shoe fillers and nothing more. If he wants a dump truck full of cash, it has to the Rumours line-up.

And with Lindsey, I think hes over the drama. He more than likely just wants to end on a high and call it a day, seal up the legecy of the band once and for all.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
If the stars align, that lineup will reunite again for one last go-around. Lindsey is all about the legacy, Mick is all about the money and Stevie is all about looking good in the eyes of the press and the fans. A lot of fans turned on her and she even alerted to the fact that pretty much blindsided her.

And lets face it, Mick has been in this position before. He knows as nice of people Neil and Mike are, and no matter how good they are at their craft, they are essentially Billy and Rick 2.0. They were temporary shoe fillers and nothing more. If he wants a dump truck full of cash, it has to the Rumours line-up.

And with Lindsey, I think hes over the drama. He more than likely just wants to end on a high and call it a day, seal up the legecy of the band once and for all.
Fleetwood Mac legacy was sealed long time ago. they are that band with 3 completely different songwriters who wrote some incredible songs and sang some incredible harmonies, while all interchangeably breaking up and sleeping with each and fighting and loving and hating each other while doing mountains of drugs... and keep selling bazillion copies of that Rumours album where each song is a hit.

and then they milked all that into oblivion by doing greatest hits reunion tours forever-more. how would yet another reunion tour change anything in that legacy?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-12-2020, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Fleetwood Mac legacy was sealed long time ago. they are that band with 3 completely different songwriters who wrote some incredible songs and sang some incredible harmonies, while all interchangeably breaking up and sleeping with each and fighting and loving and hating each other while doing mountains of drugs... and keep selling bazillion copies of that Rumours album where each song is a hit.

and then they milked all that into oblivion by doing greatest hits reunion tours forever-more. how would yet another reunion tour change anything in that legacy?
Yep, you pretty much captured it. This amazing shipped has sailed. Enjoy the memories ,recordings that we have.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What does Mick mean by personal things in the band and Lindsey's world?

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't think Stevie would want Lindsey to return to getting the same share as hers.

I think mitzo will come in to support this statement
Before Christine came back, supposedly the split was:
$tevie - 40%
Lindsey - 30%
John - 15%
Mick - 15%

Even with Christine, I doubt it was an even split, even among the singers. $tevie is too powerful and.... witchy(damn "b" is broken on my phone).

And come with a truckload full of Lindsey HATE.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What an inexcusable louse Mick has become.

This part of the article sums up his personality:

He explained in a not very clear or succinct way: “I think the reality is without going into huge detail, one of the things I always say is that the disconnect happened and there were emotions that were somewhat not removable and there are personal things within the band and Lindsey’s world.

“All I can say is really openly is that Lindsey Buckingham and the work he has done with the band is never going to go away and we have a functioning band with the changes that we made. You know time heals and it was lovely to be able to talk with him.”

The reason this is so torturously unclear is because Mick has been using double speak for decades now. He can't or won't say what he really wants to say and instead says what he feels he needs to say in order keep the cash coming. Caught between his heart (and a shred of decency?) and his overwhelming greed, he comes off like an incoherent coward. You can't have it both ways, Mick. Either entirely disavow Lindsey to please Stevie, which would also mean owning your decision to fire Lindsey, OR own your decision and openly apologize to Lindsey.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 10-12-2020 at 10:02 PM..
Old 10-12-2020, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
What does Mick mean by personal things in the band and Lindsey's world?
Yeah, I'm wondering about that part too. It's like there's some sort of friction between the rest of the band (or more like Stevie) and Lindsey's family. I mean, they're his world. We all know things between Lindsey and Stevie are not ok, but Mick mentioned his world, not just Lindsey.

The events during the night of Musicares are being confirmed.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

They are now a viral trending, Billboard Top 40 charting band again. Mick would be insane if he isn't sitting on his little island with dollar signs in his eyes thinking, "Stevie hates backlash and her solo career has slowed, Lindsey and I are on speaking terms, he is readying a solo album, Chris and John are still around... perhaps we politely retire this era and usher in a grand farewell tour. That'll bring in lots of money. Album. Live show. Tons of press. Tons and tons of money."

It's like the lead up from '92 to '97 all over again. I can see it clear as day. As much as I would hate to gag my way through the song and dance lovefest show again, the general public will eat it up - as will the new generation that have found them.

All thats left is the revelation that someone is working in a studio with Lindsey on something.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
They are now a viral trending, Billboard Top 40 charting band again. Mick would be insane if he isn't sitting on his little island with dollar signs in his eyes thinking, "Stevie hates backlash and her solo career has slowed, Lindsey and I are on speaking terms, he is readying a solo album, Chris and John are still around... perhaps we politely retire this era and usher in a grand farewell tour. That'll bring in lots of money. Album. Live show. Tons of press. Tons and tons of money."

It's like the lead up from '92 to '97 all over again. I can see it clear as day. As much as I would hate to gag my way through the song and dance lovefest show again, the general public will eat it up - as will the new generation that have found them.

All thats left is the revelation that someone is working in a studio with Lindsey on something.
Yeah but Stevie is the stopper. She is working on a solo album and I doubt she is going to give it up for Fleetwood Mac. She has no time left. Plus she has to fit that Rhiannon project in.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Yeah but Stevie is the stopper. She is working on a solo album and I doubt she is going to give it up for Fleetwood Mac. She has no time left. Plus she has to fit that Rhiannon project in.
Why wouldn't she have time left I'd bet she will be the last one standing of the Rumours five.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Why wouldn't she have time left I'd bet she will be the last one standing of the Rumours five.
From things she has said, she sees herself retiring at age 80. She is 72.