The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine - "Sugar Daddy", "Warm Ways", "Over My Head" - I'm just not a fan of her "White Album" (I nearly typed ****e then, oh dear me it's late) contributions. However, I think she is the most consistent out of the three songwriters, even if I like Stevie's songs the best.

Lindsey - "Peacekeeper", "Oh Diane", "Book Of Love" - "Peacekeeper" induces intense rage in me at how bad it is. I cannot explain why.

Stevie - "Paper Doll", "Sweet Girl".
Old 07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
Christine - "Sugar Daddy", "Warm Ways", "Over My Head" - I'm just not a fan of her "White Album" (I nearly typed ****e then, oh dear me it's late) contributions. However, I think she is the most consistent out of the three songwriters, even if I like Stevie's songs the best.

Lindsey - "Peacekeeper", "Oh Diane", "Book Of Love" - "Peacekeeper" induces intense rage in me at how bad it is. I cannot explain why.

Stevie - "Paper Doll", "Sweet Girl".
Oh not Sweet Girl! I kind of like that one.

No one is a fan of Oh Diane.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
No one is a fan of Oh Diane.
Betsy likes it.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Un"-Favorites

Lindsey - Come (really mean spirited, and with about 1/100th the intelligence and sophistication of Silver Springs)
Stevie - Welcome To The Room...Sara
Christine - Temporary One

And for the record... me too... I like Oh Diane (and Book Of Love) -- love that innocent fifties-style stuff.

Last edited by cbBen; 07-24-2009 at 01:35 AM..
Old 07-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^
Don't worry about defending Stevie's honor with Come, it's not about her. It's about Anne Heche, and considering the way she's treated her former lovers I don't have a lot of sympathy for the woman.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, prepare yourself for what I'm about to say.
Firstly, Little Lies is my big nostalgia song (i.e. I remember it from when a was only a few years old), so I'll always love it.
Second, I'll defend Oh Diane as a decent song... well, perhaps that can't actually be done, but I like it nonetheless!
And now, for the revolutionary comment...
I bought The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac (2CD) after hearing a few songs from Rumours and TITN on the radio (I enjoyed the compilation so much that they became my favourite band soon afterwards, and will surely stay that way forever). From what songs I'd heard I thought that their music would be mostly easy listening, so you can imagine the surprise I had when the first track was Monday Morning! I couldn't believe it! I almost had a heart attack! Fortunately I calmed down when I heard Dreams after it, and loved the rest of the disc. But it took me ages for me to not skip Monday Morning whenever I put the CD on!
Now, however, I really do like it a lot, although oddly it's a song that I like to play in my head more than play to my ears. I think it's just because that first time I heard it has tarnished my view of it irreparably.
As a side, I really like What Makes You Think You're The One, but I often wonder if I would've liked it as much as I do if that had been the first track on the second disc... I also wonder if I would've had a different reaction to MM if there had been some instrumentation before the vocals...
As for least fav songs... well, I feel as if the band fell apart musically as soon as Lindsey left, so As Long As You Follow and No Questions Asked don't particularly captivate me. Skies the Limit and Paper Doll are okay, as long as you (follow) don't think of them as Fleetwood Mac songs... which, in a sense, they kinda aren't.
Any questions?
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 07-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

Oh yeah, I forgot about "Monday Morning". And how bad it is.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
^^
Don't worry about defending Stevie's honor with Come, it's not about her. It's about Anne Heche, and considering the way she's treated her former lovers I don't have a lot of sympathy for the woman.
Thanks Erin. I guess when Lindsey played Ellen Degeneres's show the two of them had something to discuss during the commercial break.

But if Lindsey wants to get under Anne Heche's skin he might want to sing her Silver Springs instead. The lyrics to Come are comparatively infantile. Stevie's honor needs no defending, of course.

Last edited by cbBen; 07-27-2009 at 10:58 PM..
Old 07-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Okay, prepare yourself for what I'm about to say.
Skies the Limit and Paper Doll are okay, as long as you don't think of them as Fleetwood Mac songs... which, in a sense, they kinda aren't.
Any questions?
I have a question. Why don't you think they are FM songs? They were recorded by Fleetwood Mac and they appear on Fleetwood Mac albums.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, throw it my way, because I think it's the best thing she ever did. It's also the best piano-playing she ever did.
Count me in the "I love 'Sugar Daddy'" camp.

Besides being so strong musically, I really think it's also one of Christine's best lyrics. Her lyrics are often of the fairly predictable love song variety. But with this song she's composed an amusing little character sketch of a woman who isn't exactly a manipulator but who is longing to be one, if she can find a guy with enough funds to bother with. It's the ultimate female fantasy song.

Last edited by nicepace; 07-30-2009 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: bad grammar
Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Count me in the "I love 'Sugar Daddy'" camp.
Me too! In fact if you are Hispanic, between 24 & 35 and a major gangsta hottie then I want to be your Sugar Daddy!

Photobucket
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I have a question. Why don't you think they are FM songs? They were recorded by Fleetwood Mac and they appear on Fleetwood Mac albums.
It's just that they didn't sound like Fleetwood Mac at all (much like how the fans of the original Fleetwood Mac would feel about FM 1975-87). I recall that when I bought The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac I could remember the sound of all the songs except for No Questions Asked and As Long As You Follow. I also remember Skies the Limit and Paper Doll sounding foreign, like they might have been a Stevie solo effort...
Any more questions?
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 07-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sorry to say that I don't care for "Family Man". I love the "Tango In The Night" album, but I can't stand that song. I also don't like Lindsey's "Not That Funny". I don't care for Stevie's song "No Questions Asked", I didn't like any of the songs on the "Behind The Mask" album. I liked 2: "Skies The Limit", and "The Second Time". "My Little Demon", "Temporary One", don't care for them.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagypsy79 View Post
I am sorry to say that I don't care for "Family Man". I love the "Tango In The Night" album, but I can't stand that song. I also don't like Lindsey's "Not That Funny". I don't care for Stevie's song "No Questions Asked", I didn't like any of the songs on the "Behind The Mask" album. I liked 2: "Skies The Limit", and "The Second Time". "My Little Demon", "Temporary One", don't care for them.
Wow, I almost totally agree with you!

Except I would swap out "Skies The Limit" for "Freedom". I have an intense love for "Freedom". I can't stand "Skies The Limit"; lyrically, it doesn't seem to have anything at all to say, plus musically, it sounds "clunky" and awkward to my ears.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey - Empire State & Family Man
Christine - Hollywood (Some Other Kind of Town)
Stevie - Welcome to The Room...Sara, Say You Will, Silver Girl, Sweet Girl

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks