User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

There are quotes about threatening to replace Lindsey with (I think) Pete Townsend of The Who dating back to 1981.

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING stops a big money making cash grab tour for Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks.
And quotes from Lindsey himself saying they threatened to get Clapton in during the Tusk tour after Lindsey's mocking/kicking incident at Stevie in Auckland 1980.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And that behavior will probably result in her wanting Lindsey AGAIN in the band next year.

I hope he says 'no'.
After what crap Mick has spun about 'we' being unhappy this week....I agree with you.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I so wish she could convince Lindsey to say what happened, or at least she tell the story. I feel like it's a mystery all wrapped up and itching to get out.
I know...its time ONE of the Buckinghams spoke.
I don't care for exact details of their fight, but simply something along the lines of...S and L had a non repairable argument (if it was that simple) and she then made the call that she couldn't tour with him and the rest of the band sided with her.
At least then there is no chance of any person saying that it was Lindsey's fault.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Where is the intrepid reporter who is going to ask/aknowledge: “you all recorded an album together last year. Stevie didn’t participate. Chris and Linda went on tour together. Were you all unhappy then?”

This is madness.
Yes, we'd like to know exactly what it was that made "we" so unhappy all of a sudden, especially after all the unhappiness this band has been through in the last 40+ years. So unhappy, that now they couldn't continue and finish with their greatest lineup. He glossed over the fact that he wasn't going to go into the dynamics of that. MICK, WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS NOW?! seems they were hollow after all.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On her IG account:

photo Sin ttulo_zps4xmhnzhf.jpeg

Needless to say her comment is generating fans and haters.

Haha, I like that! MF = Mother ****er! Good for her in speaking up! Still showing some restraint.

Last edited by jwd; 08-06-2018 at 04:55 PM..
Old 08-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
MF, hat is so savage and just so great. I like Kristen more and more.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Lindsey stans need to let it go. He's gone, it's over. Stop being mad at Stevie and Mick. Just don't go to any concerts, problem solved.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's talking out his A $$hole
WE werent happy
puhlease
is he just spinning $tevie's yarn
coz he has a story to stick to
otherwise truths would come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The Lindsey stans need to let it go. He's gone, it's over. Stop being mad at Stevie and Mick. Just don't go to any concerts, problem solved.
this STEVIE fan is DONE with Stevie
i have never ever been a Lindsey fan
i like the band as a whole. i have a few of his solo CDs but i really had no interest in him outside of the band.
so please, it's not just the LINDSEY fans still $h!tty about this.
and if it's STEVIEMICKSSSSSS fault. why not blame them.
they are money hungry liars.

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 08-06-2018 at 07:39 PM..
Old 08-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
When people lie and are dishonest and cut off someone's career for what is very likely over a silly argument, people get mad and upset. It's an injustice.
Can you not understand, if Lindsey had done this to Stevie...how would you feel?
Old 08-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I so wish she could convince Lindsey to say what happened, or at least she tell the story. I feel like it's a mystery all wrapped up and itching to get out.
That’s the thing. He’s not telling anything and his wife is fighting a one-side battle against Mick. So, of course Stevie’s fans are saying she should stay out of it and stop saying Mick awful things
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
After what crap Mick has spun about 'we' being unhappy this week....I agree with you.
Finally! We agree on something! Yay!!!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-06-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That’s the thing. He’s not telling anything and his wife is fighting a one-side battle against Mick. So, of course Stevie’s fans are saying she should stay out of it and stop saying Mick awful things
She is helping a lot by dropping f bombs on social media, there is clearly no story for her or hubby to tell.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the Buckinghams are looking really trashy right now.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
When people lie and are dishonest and cut off someone's career for what is very likely over a silly argument, people get mad and upset. It's an injustice.
Can you not understand, if Lindsey had done this to Stevie...how would you feel?
They know Stevie will never get fired. That's why Stevie's fans speak with such authority.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

After reviewing the various quotes by band members etc. when compiling the "Record" thread, I reached the following conclusion:

(1) LINDSEY was the one who was visibly unhappy (with all their Greatest Hits touring)

(2) When Tom died suddenly on tour, Stevie bona fide freaked out about her own imminent mortality and she drew a voodoo line of happiness around her that necessarily excluded brooding Lindsey's whinging about the band's direction

(3) Something brought things to a head around MusicCares--it might have simply been that the deadline for Lindsey to sign off on the tour plans was around that same date (it makes logistic sense that they'd schedule such a meeting around the same time as a gig)--and it was likely NOT some unconscionable or violent words or behavior by Lindsey against Stevie or her side, because in the interviews Stevie is confabulating merrily about the timing in a way that suggests she is trying to obfuscate something SHE did wrong and not in a way that suggests she is being forced to recall some traumatic moment in her life