User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
I don't know if it's relevant, as we know they have been at the Village, but Mick said they are recording in regards to Christine yesterday. I have it on video. The video itself is crappy though, as I was focusing on capturing the audio mainly, so the picture is of people's heads . I can post it if people are interested. It didn't seem like important/ new news to me.
Oh, that is interesting news. That they are still recording. I mean, we knew they were in the Village, but that was a couple of weeks ago. And I am glad to get the update that they are still working on Christine's songs.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really Stevie? You wanted Christine back that bad and then go and record a solo album.... I'm pissed.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Also, I just had a feeling this whole time that Stevie wasn't jumping up and down about Chris returning. Now don't take this the wrong way. I don't think it has anything to do with Chris, but EVERYTHING to do with her having to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. Ever since Say You Will, I feel like Stevie see's Fleetwood mac as kind of a chore. Yes, she seems happy, but not as happy when she's on her own. She likes to be her own boss and do things her way. Even on this last FM leg, she seemed distant. Just like Lindsey, I think that she likes to go in, do her 1 year duty with FM, then go back to Stevieland.

I mean, how long has she been rambling about Chris to the press. YEARS AFTER YEARS! It hasn't ended. And now, she's finally back and its like "oh yeah, welcome back Chris."

I think they're all thrilled that she's back, but I bet Stevie and Lindsey are itching to go back to their own camps.
Exactly that's why Stevie didn't seem so thrilled to have Christine back and has been acting weird. I think you are wrong about Lindsey, he's excited about a new FM album. Stevie just went way down on my list...sorry but it's true.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Really Stevie? You wanted Christine back that bad and then go and record a solo album.... I'm pissed.
This pretty much sums up my feelings, too. Being a Fleetwood Mac fan has always been an exercise in frustration, disappointment, and anger... but this just takes it to a new level for me. Stevie has lamented Christine's departure for 15 years in the press. Said she'd never record in the Mac again without her. Offered her millions to return to the band. Goes on and on about the loss of girl power, etc. And this is what she does when Christine returns, against all odds. It makes me simultaneously angry and very sad. Christine overcame some huge adversity to rejoin the band, and this is the crap Stevie pulls.

I keep hoping this is a gag Mick is pulling on the Mac community. Perhaps he's gotten wind of how freaked out we all are by Stevie's not being in the recording studio with the rest of the band right now, so he's having some fun at our expense.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
This pretty much sums up my feelings, too. Being a Fleetwood Mac fan has always been an exercise in frustration, disappointment, and anger... but this just takes it to a new level for me. Stevie has lamented Christine's departure for 15 years in the press. Said she'd never record in the Mac again without her. Offered her millions to return to the band. Goes on and on about the loss of girl power, etc. And this is what she does when Christine returns, against all odds. It makes me simultaneously angry and very sad. Christine overcame some huge adversity to rejoin the band, and this is the crap Stevie pulls.
Christine's return and John's cancer, both reasons why I'd think a Mac album would take priority over a solo album. When you compare which venture is safer to delay, because you know you'll have another opportunity to do it later, I think it's the solo album, not the Mac album.

Of course, for me, a Mac album is always going to come first. I support all solo work and solo tours, but if I could have a Mac album and never have another solo album from any of them again, I'd take the Mac album.

With Lindsey, I absolutely adore 2 of his last 3 albums. I once loved UTS too. But if I had to choose between SYW or his 3 solo albums, I'd take SYW, not because it's better than SWS or GOS, but because it has some (if not all) of the FM dynamic I crave. As a fan I want FM first. The band doesn't seem to be a priority for Stevie, which is a choice she can make at this point in her life. She's earned it. But I don't think the others should just wring their hands. If they know they are touring, then they should have new music for at least part of the tour without Stevie, not wait and hope they can all come together to record something after.

But we need to know how soon the 2nd leg they plan is going to follow the first. For instance, we know when they will do Glastonbury in 2015, but how long will they be touring before Glastonbury? I feel the time off between the legs in 2015 is our only true window of opportunity for an FM album. They may say there could be one after the tour, but in reality, I can't believe it will ever happen.

Michele
Old 04-28-2014, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m truly surprised at some of the reactions over Stevie’s current recording sessions. As has already been pointed out in one of the related threads, she did state in January her intention to undertake different activities during the following four months. This period is due to expire soon and fits in neatly with what Mick has mentioned about a two week recording session in Nashville. He has also intimated that once she’s finished, she’ll be ready for Mac recording. This is entirely speculative on my part, but I think that’s what he meant when he said “we” (I assume the band) hoped the Nashville project would wrap up after two weeks.
Therefore, if all goes to plan, Stevie should be convening with the band as of next week. If she is armed with songs (or has possibly already submitted some in advance), there is no reason why she couldn’t record her contribution (most probably no more than four tracks) well before tour rehearsals are due to begin later in the year. (Any required vocal harmonies could be laid down in next to no time.)
I would imagine that the Nashville jaunt was planned some time last year, possibly before anyone knew Christine was re-joining the band. In any case, I’m sure Stevie advised the band of her future plans whenever they were devised and everyone was okay with it (not that they would have had any choice in the matter). If that did occur, then it makes perfect sense that Lindsey and Christine would have commenced studio work before Stevie was due to attend.
Mick has commented that Christine is still recording and I would think, possibly with some degree of labour ahead of her. Remember, she and Lindsey crafted their respective Tango songs over the course of a year or so and yet she only entered the studio last month, by her own admission (or Lindsey’s), a little on the rusty side. Stevie could possibly complete her work on the album long before Christine and Lindsey are fully satisfied with their own songs. (I know there are many out there who think Lindsey has finished his songs, but I’m not convinced of this. I bet he could spend another two years toiling away on the finer details.)
I’m curious about whether Dave Stewart did actually state that he was working on a Fleetwood Mac project. There appears to be no confirmation of this and now, in view of Mick’s recent comments, it would seem his involvement extends only to a Stevie solo album. I note that Mick was rather vague and did not directly answer the questions asked of him (ie no confirmation of Christine being in Nashville or contributing to Stevie’s recording sessions). In fact, has there been any verification of Christine being in Nashville and/or participating in Stevie’s project? All I’ve seen is a polaroid of Christine’s (supposed) autograph and hearsay. If we are to believe Mick, she’s currently recording at Village Studios in LA. I wonder what the true course of events has been/will be?
Old 04-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I’m truly surprised at some of the reactions over Stevie’s current recording sessions. As has already been pointed out in one of the related threads, she did state in January her intention to undertake different activities during the following four months. This period is due to expire soon and fits in neatly with what Mick has mentioned about a two week recording session in Nashville. He has also intimated that once she’s finished, she’ll be ready for Mac recording. This is entirely speculative on my part, but I think that’s what he meant when he said “we” (I assume the band) hoped the Nashville project would wrap up after two weeks.
Therefore, if all goes to plan, Stevie should be convening with the band as of next week. If she is armed with songs (or has possibly already submitted some in advance), there is no reason why she couldn’t record her contribution (most probably no more than four tracks) well before tour rehearsals are due to begin later in the year. (Any required vocal harmonies could be laid down in next to no time.)
I would imagine that the Nashville jaunt was planned some time last year, possibly before anyone knew Christine was re-joining the band. In any case, I’m sure Stevie advised the band of her future plans whenever they were devised and everyone was okay with it (not that they would have had any choice in the matter). If that did occur, then it makes perfect sense that Lindsey and Christine would have commenced studio work before Stevie was due to attend.
Mick has commented that Christine is still recording and I would think, possibly with some degree of labour ahead of her. Remember, she and Lindsey crafted their respective Tango songs over the course of a year or so and yet she only entered the studio last month, by her own admission (or Lindsey’s), a little on the rusty side. Stevie could possibly complete her work on the album long before Christine and Lindsey are fully satisfied with their own songs. (I know there are many out there who think Lindsey has finished his songs, but I’m not convinced of this. I bet he could spend another two years toiling away on the finer details.)
I’m curious about whether Dave Stewart did actually state that he was working on a Fleetwood Mac project. There appears to be no confirmation of this and now, in view of Mick’s recent comments, it would seem his involvement extends only to a Stevie solo album. I note that Mick was rather vague and did not directly answer the questions asked of him (ie no confirmation of Christine being in Nashville or contributing to Stevie’s recording sessions). In fact, has there been any verification of Christine being in Nashville and/or participating in Stevie’s project? All I’ve seen is a polaroid of Christine’s (supposed) autograph and hearsay. If we are to believe Mick, she’s currently recording at Village Studios in LA. I wonder what the true course of events has been/will be?
Maybe Christine did go to Nashville, but not to participate in the recordings. Maybe it was a short stay.

You say they would commence studio work before Stevie is "due to attend" which makes it sound like there is a specified time table for this. Lindsey's comments suggest otherwise, at least as far as this being the plan all along. A month ago he clearly didn't know what Stevie's plans for recording with the band were. And Mick also seems unsure about Stevie's plans, but saying he seems unsure is less of a leap than saying she should be in the studio by next week. That's reading into it quite a bit. I'm not sure Mick chose his words so carefully in a spontaneous conversation.

Lindsey is the one who said his songs were already recorded. That's not other people speculating. Whether he wishes to do more work on them other than adding Stevie and Christine...THAT would be speculation.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-28-2014 at 01:05 AM..
Old 04-28-2014, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
Before everyone gets into a tizzy, let's step back, take a breath, and think this through.
1. Although I tend to believe him, Mick is notorius for getting things a little muddled. Stevie doesn't record solo albums this fast, and it's possible she's laying down some basic tracks to work on AFTER the tour (I doubt this).
2. Just because she's recording in Nashville, doesn't mean it is a Country album. Nashville has a diverse music scene. It's more likely that Stevie had planned on going into the studio after the last Mac to record an album (a studio, or her house, in LA). Christine re-joining the Mac put a damper on that. Dave Stewaart simply suggested that he had a studio and crew in Nashville that he knew could fast track recording an album. Stevie has so much faith in Dave that she jumps at the chance to do an album before she ggoes back to the Mac.
I'm a little skeptical too. She may be laying down some basic tracks, but for what is unclear. Gossip turns to "facts," as usual!
Old 04-28-2014, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As I stated in the Stevie forum, I'd rather her save the material for a new Mac album. However, if she's writing tracks for both her solo and a Mac release then I guess that's OK but if the Mac are gonna get her 'leftovers' from this project then I'm gonna be a bit furious. She had no new tracks for the EP and we finally have a real excuse for a new album thanks to Christine and the last time all five were involved in the studio process, we got subpar material from Stevie (I'll excuse Seven Wonders but the others are garbage compared to the majority of her written work).

With all this great Mac news, I just don't really know how I feel about this. I'm not really all that excited for another Stevie solo effort compared to how excited I am for a full-on Mac reunion, mainly I guess because of how Mac-centric this year was turning out to be and now we get this curve ball. However, more Stevie songs is more Stevie songs and I guess I should be grateful? I just hope she brings her A game this time to the band.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
However, if she's writing tracks for both her solo and a Mac release then I guess that's OK but if the Mac are gonna get her 'leftovers' from this project then I'm gonna be a bit furious.
Why not...FM are getting Lindsey's "Leftovers" from the EP...If he put his best songs on last years "Extended play" release how good are his songs on the new FM record going to be???
Old 04-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What surprised me is Chris is with Stevie in Nashville and its not Mac related or it is .if Stevie is doing her solo work.Is Chris is there to just to keep Stevie company or she is going to help Stevie on her solo stuff.

It would be great to see Chris on Stevie's solo album if thats in the works.

Lindsey was with her on IYD sessions.

This will be very interesting to see how this all will pan out in the next few months or until FM hits the road in the fall.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Why not...FM are getting Lindsey's "Leftovers" from the EP...If he put his best songs on last years "Extended play" release how good are his songs on the new FM record going to be???
The songs Lindsey put on EP are the songs Stevie was willing to sing on at that time. I don't remember if she chose which songs or if she told him to choose two. Either way it's still only two. Not including the solo tune. He has a better batting average than that.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-28-2014 at 11:05 AM..
Old 04-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
FM contractually cannot release an album without Stevie having a song on there.
I doubt that's true.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I agree with you that it's sort of a genre with an identity crisis at the moment, but sonically I think what is called Country these days isn't really any different from what Stevie was recording in the 70s and early 80s, so it's interesting to see you make such a distinction.
The problem is that much of today's country is formulaic and way too pop-oriented. It's as if a totally new subgenre of country pop has been created but no one has gotten around to categorizing it as such.

Nashville produces the best and the worst of it. Some country music is still being made, but mostly it's uninspired drool.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I doubt that's true.
It's not. As Michelle pointed out, they are not under contract. They released EP independently and will probably shop this one around when they finish with it.