User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Lindsey and Stevie broke up after the making of Rumours (Mid 76)

Sara was written at the end of the Making of Rumours (Mid 76)

Don and Stevie started to go out (Early 76)

Go Your Own Way was written (Late 75)

Actually I'd nitpick your post just to say Stevie and Lindsey broke up after the Sausalito portion of the recording of Rumours (the basic tracks) which was the first part of '76; they kept working on the album in LA and elsewhere the rest of 76 taking time away to play live over the summer months and going back into the studio after that. The album was supposed to be finished and released fall 76 by some accounts but wasn't actually released til Feb 77. As your timeline shows, they had been apart some time by then.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
If so, it was likely recorded and performed in 1976, during the recording of Rumours. They did some festivals and shows to take a break from recording. I believe they performed a few, still unreleased songs then. You Make Loving Fun was one of them.
They did it on the White Album tour

http://www.mediafire.com/view/1g56lt...e%2075)%20.mp3

This was recorded in December 1975. The second verse wasn't written until the making of Rumours
Old 02-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tusk

Tusk - The melody of Tusk was what Lindsey used for soundcheck during the Rumours tour.
It wasn't just played at soundchecks. Back in ancient times, a minute or so of tuning and improvisition right before the first song in a show was protocal for bands. It it allowed the sound mixers to test and make immediate level adjustments. The Tusk ref was used at the start of most early-era shows for that purpose.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Stevie's affair with Don Henley was somewhere during this time frame. And Sara reportedly was written in 1976, per the whole lawsuit where another woman claimed to have written it.
Sara was written in 1978.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Buckingham Nicks

Lola (My Love) - Sounds like the chain in the beginning

I always felt like the beginning of Lola (My Love) and the acoustic guitar near the beginning of Loving Cup from the Go Insane album sound similar.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sara was written in 1978.
You are right! That's what happens when I answer off the top of my head and rely on my overloaded and failing memory.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"These Strange Times" was written by Mick and Ray Kennedy.

"Running Through The Garden" was written by Stevie, Ray Kennedy, and Gary Nicholson.

Thing is, according to Wikipedia, they were two different Ray Kennedys.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

"Running Through The Garden" was written by Stevie, Ray Kennedy, and Gary Nicholson.

Yeah I heard that to
Old 02-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Actually I'd nitpick your post just to say Stevie and Lindsey broke up after the Sausalito portion of the recording of Rumours (the basic tracks) which was the first part of '76; they kept working on the album in LA and elsewhere the rest of 76 taking time away to play live over the summer months and going back into the studio after that. The album was supposed to be finished and released fall 76 by some accounts but wasn't actually released til Feb 77. As your timeline shows, they had been apart some time by then.
You are right! I wrote that by mistake! Thnx for correcting me
Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Go Your Own Way was performed on the White Album tour. However it only had the 1st verse, repeated twice. The shackin' up verse was added after they broke up it seems....
Old 02-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

One of these Ray Kennedy's just passed away. The article noted he had written songs for Fleetwood Mac, among other bands.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Quote:
They did it on the White Album tour

http://www.mediafire.com/view/1g56lt...e%2075)%20.mp3

This was recorded in December 1975. The second verse wasn't written until the making of Rumours
This was fun to listen to. Thanks for the link and your contributions!!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bear with me for a moment. I think the biggest FLEETWOOD MAC TRICK of all is the departure of Christine McVie and the speculation of what will be her subsequent "return" to the band in 2014.
Allow me to be clear, I have no doubt that Chris left in 1998 solely because she was tired of the endless road of touring. Yes, I can even buy the fact that, for a few minutes, she wanted to live a "quiet English country life". However, I am starting to suspect that the band has been discussing her eventual "return" for well over 5 years now. This has been a calculated and shrewd business move. The band knows that they stand to make millions for a "reunion" tour with ALL 5 MEMBERS from the Rumours band. I think they have been teasing us for longer than we know; first by talking to the press stating that Christine is "DONE", then throwing bait into the water to keep us on the edge of our seat. Touring in 2009 and 2013 without her contributes to the BUILD UP of "THE RETURN" of our songbird.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Ok, Go Your Own Way was written in mid to late 1975, during the first FM tour. Stevie and Lindsey "officially" broke up during the last days of the Sausalito sessions- approx. April of 1976- but he (and she) actually have expressed that they were not an exclusive couple by that time- Lindsey called it a slow death leading up to this- I'll find the quotes. He was already living with a new girlfriend by Feb. 1977.
A VERY slow death...

"August 24, 1977...One more time, on the plane. As usual, Lindsey is his usual asshole self. I am slowly coming to the conclusion that Lindsey and I are at an end. So sad to see good love go bad."

"Lindsey and I had been going together from about 1971 to 1976. But we never really broke up until that moment [his leaving in 1987]."

Asked when she knew the romance was really over, Nicks said, "The day his first child was born. I knew that was it ... that was the definitive thing."

"'There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die.’ Seventeen and sixteen. We’ve been together that long. There’s not many people that we have known as long as we’ve known each other. Mick and I are friends in a way that Lindsey and I could never be friends. We’re just best friends. Our relationship didn’t last a long time, Mick’s and mine. It was a year.

....and we dovetail from her and Mick's relationship - not friendship - into her and Lindsey's, an interesting comparison here, I think...

And Lindsey’s and mine’s relationship lasted from when we first met in 1968 and I joined his band up until now."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Bear with me for a moment. I think the biggest FLEETWOOD MAC TRICK of all is the departure of Christine McVie and the speculation of what will be her subsequent "return" to the band in 2014.
Allow me to be clear, I have no doubt that Chris left in 1998 solely because she was tired of the endless road of touring. Yes, I can even buy the fact that, for a few minutes, she wanted to live a "quiet English country life". However, I am starting to suspect that the band has been discussing her eventual "return" for well over 5 years now. This has been a calculated and shrewd business move. The band knows that they stand to make millions for a "reunion" tour with ALL 5 MEMBERS from the Rumours band. I think they have been teasing us for longer than we know; first by talking to the press stating that Christine is "DONE", then throwing bait into the water to keep us on the edge of our seat. Touring in 2009 and 2013 without her contributes to the BUILD UP of "THE RETURN" of our songbird.
Nice conspiracy theory. I don't believe a word of it. It's crazy talk.