Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the rolling stones??

bon jovi?

the eagles?

all higher or in the case of stones off the charts higher.
Acording to pollstar, which is the company that records all of the concert and ticket data information, Fleetwood Mac's average ticket price was second highest for the past twelve months. Bon Jovi was 4th. http://www.pollstar.com/atpDetail.aspx?SearchBy=
Old 11-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Ledgie

Are people thinking that they might actually have another leg of this tour in 2014? Depending on John? I just want to see what people think...I would LOVE for that to be true!!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Acording to pollstar, which is the company that records all of the concert and ticket data information, Fleetwood Mac's average ticket price was second highest for the past twelve months. Bon Jovi was 4th. http://www.pollstar.com/atpDetail.aspx?SearchBy=
interesting - wonder how they count their "12 months"? stones didn't tour the whole year so maybe their 2-3 months of touring are averaged over 12 months. something similar with the eagles.

i'm lazy to look but there are several threads on this board listing average prices, tickets sold, and overall income made during this year.

when i looked up tickets for these bands i was stunned with the prices, and thought "who is buying those??". maybe the spread between highest and lowest available tix was much larger for the eagles and BJ than the mac? idk. (not talking about stones, their tickets were off the charts, i don't know that there is currently any other band or performer that can charge those prices.)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Are people thinking that they might actually have another leg of this tour in 2014? Depending on John? I just want to see what people think...I would LOVE for that to be true!!
i know for sure Mick and Lindsey both wanted it. i was counting on Stevie to nix that. but now if Christine is in the picture, don't think Stevie would be an obstacle anymore, if John is up for it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
I can see the Eagles doing that, but Bon Jovi are no where near as well known(or good, imo) as those other 2. How much are they charging?

Bon Jovi should not even be compared to those two bands. However, they are much bigger then the Eagles outside the US. They made a fantastic transition to younger audiences with their 2000 album Crush. Its My Life was an enormous hit all over Europe, and I remember they were easily able to fill 40000+ stadiums not so long ago. I dont know what their ticket prices are, but I doubt I would make an effort to see them live if I had a front row ticket for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Fleetwood Mac are my favorite band but they are not as famous as the Rolling Stones..from a historical perspective the only band that may be as or more famous than the Stones are the Beatles.

True. The Stones could perform in Sahara, and still gather tens of thousands of people.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
here is an old thread from earlier this year:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...light=pollstar

the rolling stones average: $346.08

mac are listed as $111.75 average at that time. guess their ticket prices went down ; they certainly were cheaper in continental europe, but pollstar records only north america.

that said, i agree with your point - they don't have much more space to go up, price-wise.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i know for sure Mick and Lindsey both wanted it. i was counting on Stevie to nix that. but now if Christine is in the picture, don't think Stevie would be an obstacle anymore, if John is up for it.
I'm sure if they tour again the promoters are going to want to know what the back up plan is incase John becomes ill again...I hope that's not the case but with cancer you never can be sure...
Old 11-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The Dance hit harder than focused fans could have dreamed it would. But I don't know if that was PR or just the state the world was in at the time. And there was the Clinton bump too.
Well, Viacom (MTV), ClearChannel, Warner Bros., Ticketmaster, et.al. all had a lot invested in making that album a hit.

The Clinton thing hurt their image more than helped, IMO, and "The Dance" helped restore their image.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
here is an old thread from earlier this year:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...light=pollstar

the rolling stones average: $346.08

mac are listed as $111.75 average at that time. guess their ticket prices went down ; they certainly were cheaper in continental europe, but pollstar records only north america.

that said, i agree with your point - they don't have much more space to go up, price-wise.
Who in their right mind would pay $346 to see 4 ugly men in their 70s play? I'm sorry, I know that the Stones are gods(without them, my favorite bands probably wouldn't exist), but still that's too much dough to fork over.

I wonder how much a meet and greet would cost? $25,000?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Since this thread is supposed to be about Christine... what do we think SHE would want to do with Fleetwood Mac first? Tour? Record a Mac album? Or would she just be glad to be back in the saddle and not care?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Since this thread is supposed to be about Christine... what do we think SHE would want to do with Fleetwood Mac first? Tour? Record a Mac album? Or would she just be glad to be back in the saddle and not care?
I'd say an album because she has material already ready for a "solo" album(possibly ).
Old 11-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With regard to Stevie's perceived ego, I never considered it to be out of control in the past, but these days it seems to be off the Richter scale. This realisation has been difficult for me to accept because previously, I idolised the woman. I still retain a profound regard for her body of work up until 1990 and various output since, but the sense of self-importance that has become so evident during interviews in recent years has left me cold. I'm not sure if this inflation of ego has been in response to what she considers the mistreatment and disrespect afforded to her in the past by band members, producers and critics, but whatever it might be, she is no longer a person I would care to know.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, both Mick and Christine have said that she's been writing songs. I think she would like to record first. Also, although I think Christine now accepts travel as a necessity, I can't imagine she's just itching to get back on the road ASAP. I think re-bonding with the people creatively in a studio for a few months and then planning a tour after would be the natural assimilation process and in keeping with what they have done in the past.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-23-2013 at 11:02 PM..
Old 11-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Record first then tour...Get the songs done and if all is well tour...
Old 11-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
maybe you should make a poll?

i'm thinking either record or happy to be back in the saddle.