Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default A newbie's pics from Nashville & Cincy

Hello to everyone at The Ledge! I'm Steve and I'm brand-spankin' new here (ok-well I've lurked for a bit!), and this is my first post. Forgive me for starting a new post to introduce myself, but I'm really excited about some of my recent concert experiences! I was blessed with seeing, photographing, meeting and getting a signature from none other than the man in both Nashville & Cincinnati! What a wonderful, amazing experience! I met some really, really nice fans at both shows and I just posted many of the pictures I took on two different web pages I made. I would love to share these with fellow Lindsey fans, and would also enjoy corresponding with some of you too! Feel free to share the link to my pages if you like, and if you'd like to use a picture of mine for something, just email me. Thanks for listening, and here's the link:

http://www.beadcage.net/src/lindsey_home.html
Old 11-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Yay Steve!!! So glad you posted finally! Your pictures absolutely rawk! It was so great meeting you in Cinci. You're an awesome guy and we had fun. What a blast that night was.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Excellent! Thank you so much for posting! I really like the way you have designed your pages...well done.

Welcome!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

OMG OMG OMG!!!

You managed to get photos of ME meeting him!!! Or, sort of...hahaha in the first one, http://www.beadcage.net/src/taft/taft_61.html you can only see him talking to somebody...but in the next one, http://www.beadcage.net/src/taft/taft_62.html you can see my friend and the bottom corner of my notebook, LOL... And then later on, http://www.beadcage.net/src/taft/taft_65.html that is ME, with the golden blonde hair, red lipstick, glasses, lookin' like she's about to cry behind him on the left...

SO FREAKIN' AWESOME! Omg omg omg!!! My mom didn't believe I met him, so now I can e-mail her the links. Score.

Would you mind terribly if I posted those 3 pics on my LiveJournal? I'd credit you of course. Yay yay yay!!! I wanted a picture so badly!!!

~Bree

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LngPrmsdRd View Post
And then later on, http://www.beadcage.net/src/taft/taft_65.html that is ME, with the golden blonde hair, red lipstick, glasses, lookin' like she's about to cry behind him on the left...
Awww...you're so cute. You look so innocent and content. Aren't his pictures great? I am in too many for my taste, though. Sheesh, I am so NOT photogenic. I can honestly say I am much, much more attractive in person...but despite that, Steve's pictures RAWK and thank you so much for posting them.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Smile Thanks for the warm welcome!

Boy you guys are fast! Thanks so much for the warm reception...To Long Promised Road...feel free to use some pics or a link, and credit would be nice like you said. (you are a BW fan, right? I absolutely love Brian!) Thanks again, and hope to talk more with all of you!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

*is floored* You got it! "Long Promised Road"! I can't remember anyone making that connection, and it's subsequent connection to Brian Wilson, whom yes, I adore! You officially rock. I'm pretty sure I met you at Cincy, you gave me your card? I was meaning to e-mail you...lol!

Thank you so much, I'll post the links on my LJ, not the photos themselves, and give you credit. And the rest of your photos are incredible too!

Nico, thank you, LOL, I was most definitely very content at that point! I was just totally in shock!

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey 3rd World Man,
Are you the guy you told Lindsey that "Tusk" is to "Pet Sounds" as "Under The Skin" is to "Smile" after the Cincy show?? If not, my apologies.

I just noticed that the back of my body made an appearance in one of your pictures during the mini meet and greet at the Taft. I don't have the link, may edit it in after I send this reply, however I am the girl with brown shoulder length hair in a demin jacket, I was definitely one of the lucky ones who spoke with him briefly and got an autograph. I am still in bliss.

Thank you for posting your pictures.

Link: http://www.beadcage.net/src/taft/taft_56.html

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited by Wldhrt315; 11-05-2006 at 01:26 AM..
Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default I'm The Man

Hi to WldHrt315!
Well yes, I seemed to have stumbled something out to Lindsey that I thought OOTC was his "Pet Sounds" and UTS was his "Smile". I was sooo nervous, I didn't know what to say! Someone was asking him why he wasn't doing anything from OOTC on this tour...and after he replied to that question, that's when I blurted that out about comparing him to Brian.The cool part was he stopped for a second, thought about it, looked at me and said "I'll buy that!" very matter-of-factly. It was so neat that he really responded to it, and then he signed my ticket! I was in awe! I think I got the last thing signed before he got in the van. What a night! Thanks to all for your nice comments!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Nice pictures 3rd World Man. I love how your website is designed. I was at both of those shows, too.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Very cool pics... and LOTS of them... Thanks for posting the link to your page.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
Someone was asking him why he wasn't doing anything from OOTC on this tour...
curious...did you happen to hear his response?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
My brain was pure jello standing that close and actually getting a look from him, heck I'm not sure if I shook his hand afterward, I think I did(!)...I believe someone else posted that his response to that question was he said he wasn't sure why he hadn't played anything from that album, and maybe it was an oversight to have omitted the material. Maybe on the west coast shows he will inject 1 or 2 songs from OOTC. In the back of my mind I thought maybe he did that intentionally as a way of saying UTS was as good as OOTC, but it seemed he was really perplexed, like it was an oversight. That's why I stuttered out about the analogy of his work & Brian's; since I had seen both "Pet Sounds" and "Smile" live, I had the same feeling of awe listening to Lindsey as I had with Brian--like I was witnessing a grand, historical event! Surely people had asked him that question at the other shows...maybe someone else can relay a similar story.
•Steve
Old 11-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Well he kind of chuckled and I think he said something like none of those songs seemed to make it to this set.

I asked for Soul Drifter and he said that it may be something he could do, but it hasn't been done yet.

My friends and I asked for SD again in Detroit and also in Chicago on the first night. He definitely heard us. MAYBE next year!

3rd World Man, yes I meant to say that I heard you say OOTC is to Petsounds as UTS is to Smile. I didn't mean to say Tusk, LOL. He definitely has Brian Wilson influences, he has said so himself. Good comparison.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 11-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
Hello to everyone at The Ledge!
Welcome to the Ledge and congrates on your meeting Lindsey. Great website and pics by the way.