User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
No idea how to download this but if anyone either wants to convert to MP3 or teach me the way to do it myself, I would be eternally grateful.
Hi Dani, the file is WinRAR file which is similar to a WinZip file (if you're familiar with that). It's basically a compressed file of the individual MP3s. You can download WinRAR here:

http://www.cnet.com/topic-software/winrar.html

One you download the software and the file you can extract the MP3s to a file. I checked quickly and this file contains MP3 files.

I'm new to WinRAR--just started using it a few months ago to get at all the wonderful items the ledgies post!

Sometimes the files inside a WinRAR file will be .wav or such and you can convert those by using something like

http://www.wmamp3-converter.com/
http://www.foobar2000.org/

I'm sure there are others and I've no idea what makes one better than another (I'm still learning-slowly!!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
on the following bootlegs I have:

Fleetwood Mac - October 13,1987 - Cleveland, OH - Richfield Coliseum Fleetwood Mac - October 20,1987 - Montreal, Quebec - The Forum
Fleetwood Mac - October 23,1987 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center Fleetwood Mac - October 31,1987 - Boston, MA - Boston Gardens
Fleetwood Mac - November 1,1987 - Providence, RI - Civic Center
Fleetwood Mac - November 12,1987 - Houston, TX - The Summit
Fleetwood Mac - November 17,1987 - Murfreesboro, TN - Charles M. Murphy Athletic Center
Fleetwood Mac - November 28,1987 - Salt Lake City, UT - Salt Lake Palace Fleetwood Mac - December 4,1987 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand
Fleetwood Mac - December 6,1987 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
Fleetwood Mac - December 7,1987 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
Fleetwood Mac - December 10,1987 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena
Fleetwood Mac - December 12-13,1987 - San Francisco, CA - The Cow Palace
Fleetwood Mac - December 17,1987 - Portland, OR
I was at this show and heavily under the influence of the greenery. Strage though how I still remember where I was seated and who I went with.
Photobucket
Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
on the following bootlegs I have:

Fleetwood Mac - October 13,1987 - Cleveland, OH - Richfield Coliseum
Fleetwood Mac - October 20,1987 - Montreal, Quebec - The Forum
Fleetwood Mac - October 23,1987 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center
Fleetwood Mac - October 31,1987 - Boston, MA - Boston Gardens
Fleetwood Mac - November 1,1987 - Providence, RI - Civic Center
Fleetwood Mac - November 12,1987 - Houston, TX - The Summit
Fleetwood Mac - November 17,1987 - Murfreesboro, TN - Charles M. Murphy Athletic Center
Fleetwood Mac - November 28,1987 - Salt Lake City, UT - Salt Lake Palace
Fleetwood Mac - December 4,1987 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand
Fleetwood Mac - December 6,1987 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
Fleetwood Mac - December 7,1987 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
Fleetwood Mac - December 10,1987 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena
Fleetwood Mac - December 12-13,1987 - San Francisco, CA - The Cow Palace
Fleetwood Mac - December 17,1987 - Portland, OR
I put the soundboards in bold font.
I put the radio broadcasts in underlined font.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Random musings on this show that no one else probably gives a **** about:

Sara is glorious. Why didn't she perform it more?
Don't Let Me Down Again is an odd song choice. It's Lindsey's song from the Buckigham Nicks era. Sure it was on Live in 1980 and used to get FM airplay but it wasn't a hit by any stretch of the imagination. I can understand the band playing Go Your Own Way. It's one of FM's anthems. But this song? It sounds good. I just don't understand. Was this the band or Stevie's way of answering Lindsey's betrayal on the eve of their tour?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OKay--SUPER excited to have found this thread when I got on tonight. You guys are amazing and so generous for sharing. Thanks again.

As for this performance, I love it, especially Little Lies and Isn't it Midnight (I'm in a Christine mood this week I guess). I loved it all, except, Stand Back sounded very karaoke version to me, I was sad. The music itself just sounded funny, but it's still all good!

I supposedly have this friend who has some good boots of the Mirage tour and I am working on getting those from her cus I NEED THEM, as do all of you. I'll keep you posted on that...
Old 08-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another utility to extract archived files is 7-zip which is open-source (free) and can be downloaded here:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Once installed, you just right-click on your archived file to extract the compressed files. Works like a charm and there are versions available for all kinds of operating systems. The 32-bit Windows .exe download should work for those with Windows Vista, XP, etc.

I just downloaded the show but I'll be patient and wait until this weekend when I can blast it through my sound system.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Don't Let Me Down Again is an odd song choice. It's Lindsey's song from the Buckigham Nicks era. Sure it was on Live in 1980 and used to get FM airplay but it wasn't a hit by any stretch of the imagination. I can understand the band playing Go Your Own Way. It's one of FM's anthems. But this song? It sounds good. I just don't understand. Was this the band or Stevie's way of answering Lindsey's betrayal on the eve of their tour?
It made perfect sense for the band to play it if you remember that Billy Burnette was an avowed Lindsey Buckingham fan, & DON'T LET ME DOWN AGAIN was one of his favorite songs. It was undoubtedly his idea to throw it in. The band played it magnificently: Mick & John were never tighter, & Rick's guitar was unleashed. It was gut-thumping in concert. There was no passion play of windswept emotions involved -- just the new guys wanting to rock out & pay a little tribute to a key former member.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac - Live in London (May 18, 1988) soundboard recording

Stevie seems to be singing "if our hearts they never cross" rather than paths. Wonder if that was deliberate - though Stevie seems to struggle to remember lyrics that she didn't write.

Great concert - thanks for sharing it!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks so much for this concert, what a treat! Ledgies are the greatest....

Stevie really does sound like she's got herself all together here -- that's a smokin' performance of Gold Dust Woman, and Sara is beautiful.

I'm struck once again at how consistently perfect (pun intended) Christine's vocals are -- sometimes I think we take that for granted. (Plus, she adds some wickedly hot keyboards to Stop Messin' Around.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Stevie seems to be singing "if our hearts they never cross" rather than paths.
I noticed that too. On the first chorus, it's "if our hearts they never cross" but then on the second chorus she goes back to the song's original "If our paths they never cross." The third chorus is nearly unintelligible, but I think it's back to "if our hearts...."
Old 08-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gonna have to check this out!!! Thanks for posting!!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I compared this show to what I have of the 18th and 19th. I am pretty certain that this show isn't the 18th, but it is the 19th. It's the exact same quality and the extact same things are said on both copies of my show. The 18th is more B quality.

So I don't believe this is a new source of the 18th that we just found, it's just the 19th.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
I compared this show to what I have of the 18th and 19th. I am pretty certain that this show isn't the 18th, but it is the 19th. It's the exact same quality and the extact same things are said on both copies of my show. The 18th is more B quality.

So I don't believe this is a new source of the 18th that we just found, it's just the 19th.
Excellent detective work on your part!

moviekinks.blogspot.com