The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Gearing Up To Resume Tour After Grossing $1.8M Per Show on First Leg

Fleetwood Mac is set to hit the road again Jan. 31 after a winter break, kicking off a slate of 31 shows booked in U.S. and Canadian cities through mid-April.

The trek is a continuation of the band’s 11-week run last fall that launched at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla., on Oct. 3. The opening leg of the tour played 29 cities in North America through Dec. 15, ending with a three-night stint at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif., that grossed $5.9 million from 42,628 sold seats.

Box office tallies from the jaunt’s first leg show a gross average of $1.8 million per concert based on ticket sales reported to Pollstar. The average number of sold tickets per show is 13,947. From the 28 reported concerts from the fall run, overall grosses topped $48 million from 362,614 total tickets.

Among the highlights of the upcoming trek this spring, three venues will host the band for two performances. New York City’s Madison Square Garden will bring in the group on March 11 and March 18, Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia is booked for March 22 and April 5, and the tour hits Boston’s TD Garden on March 31 and April 2. A March 1 show at United Center in Chicago and an April 8 date at Toronto’s Scotiabank Arena will be second stops for those venues on the tour. The band performed at both during the opening run last fall.

Following the North American stretch, Fleetwood Mac will head to Europe in June for headlining dates in Berlin, Dublin and London along with festival appearances at Werchter (Belgium) Boutique and Pinkpop Festival in Landgraaf, Netherlands.

The tour features original band members Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie along with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell who joined the tour following the departure of Lindsey Buckingham.

Nicks is a 2019 inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist, marking her second time to be honored with an invitation. She was previously inducted when Fleetwood Mac was invited to join the Hall of Fame in 1998.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/fle...6XES5ytcBmnU64
Old 01-25-2019, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Fleetwood Mac is set to hit the road again Jan. 31 after a winter break, kicking off a slate of 31 shows booked in U.S. and Canadian cities through mid-April.

The trek is a continuation of the band’s 11-week run last fall that launched at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla., on Oct. 3. The opening leg of the tour played 29 cities in North America through Dec. 15, ending with a three-night stint at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif., that grossed $5.9 million from 42,628 sold seats.

Box office tallies from the jaunt’s first leg show a gross average of $1.8 million per concert based on ticket sales reported to Pollstar. The average number of sold tickets per show is 13,947. From the 28 reported concerts from the fall run, overall grosses topped $48 million from 362,614 total tickets.

Among the highlights of the upcoming trek this spring, three venues will host the band for two performances. New York City’s Madison Square Garden will bring in the group on March 11 and March 18, Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia is booked for March 22 and April 5, and the tour hits Boston’s TD Garden on March 31 and April 2. A March 1 show at United Center in Chicago and an April 8 date at Toronto’s Scotiabank Arena will be second stops for those venues on the tour. The band performed at both during the opening run last fall.

Following the North American stretch, Fleetwood Mac will head to Europe in June for headlining dates in Berlin, Dublin and London along with festival appearances at Werchter (Belgium) Boutique and Pinkpop Festival in Landgraaf, Netherlands.

The tour features original band members Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie along with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell who joined the tour following the departure of Lindsey Buckingham.

Nicks is a 2019 inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist, marking her second time to be honored with an invitation. She was previously inducted when Fleetwood Mac was invited to join the Hall of Fame in 1998.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/fle...6XES5ytcBmnU64
Yes - the first leg of the Mac tour was very successful despite what some folks on this forum say.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Yes - the first leg of the Mac tour was very successful despite what some folks on this forum say.
I was surprised that so many really thought it was not going to be successful. Personally I would have loved to have seen it tank but I knew better. Some members here really got angry at me since I was one of the few members who knew the success the tour was going to have. The figures Stevie pulled in for 24k Gold even surprised Stevie. She never sold out so many arenas and extended the tour 3 times. She filmed the shows just for fun sake she was raking it so much cash. She is a HUGE draw and every Mac tour she has been involved with (well maybe not BTM) was a HUGE HUGE success.
I wish the one member who left the boards protesting me saying the tour would be successful would come back. No harm. Its all good.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I knew the tour would be lucrative: most people going are going for Stevie and/or because they play a greatest hits package in the car, etc.

The real question for me was would the tour be a musical success, a convincing move forward—or an embarrassing representation of the band’s legacy largely forged by the person they removed. From the outset, I regard what they’re doing now to be the equivalent of a carnival for casual music fans. It’s not a sincere or artistically-rewarding experience. But it’s loud and it’s bright and it’s fun and it’s Stevie Nicks and the Stevie Nicks Players.

My unsolicited two cents.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s a great set, a fun show and probably the last time you will see FM tour. They look and sound like they are having fun. I have never seen Mick drum like he is now——loose, free and joyous—like he just discovered the skins again.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
It’s a great set, a fun show and probably the last time you will see FM tour. They look and sound like they are having fun. I have never seen Mick drum like he is now——loose, free and joyous—like he just discovered the skins again.
Of course. They all seem happy to be doing this together. The weight has lifted, the stress is gone. Too bad it took so many years for this to happen.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
You gotta wonder what's in it for Neil and Mike if there is no plans for new music and another tour?
Old 01-28-2019, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Its sad to think my favorite band is coming to an end, id rather see the band finish on a happy note enjoying their final chapter though, rather than faking their happiness on stage for a change!!.. But from a fan perspective its too bad LB was not included but it is what it is!!! They chose to carry on with out him, for reasons they only know.. I look forward to seeing them for the last time later in the year..
Old 01-28-2019, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You gotta wonder what's in it for Neil and Mike if there is no plans for new music and another tour?
My best guess is that Neil goes back to his countless projects once the Mac tour ends later this year. I know he's planning another Finn Brothers album. That could change, of course, if Stevie agrees to a new studio album where Neil would likely be needed as songwriter. Mike is a different story as I see him staying on indefinitely.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course it's successful. Do you have any idea how many people i know that had NO IDEA Lindsey was not in the band until they showed up at the concert. THEY.WERE.PISSED.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Of course it's successful. Do you have any idea how many people i know that had NO IDEA Lindsey was not in the band until they showed up at the concert. THEY.WERE.PISSED.
Just lately I've noticed a few deceiving promotional photo's of the Rumours line up, advertising their next tour down-under.. Not too sure if its the bands fault though, just lazy newspaper editors & Facebook adds.

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 01-29-2019 at 08:45 AM..
Old 01-29-2019, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I am sure there were many. Probably the reason Stevie had to keep their attention and in their seat to perform Black Magic Woman instead of Neil. Sad that even a great song like Hypnotized could not keep their interest.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ehh, I wouldn't worry too much about that. That may have been true for a show or two, but you'd have to live in a pretty deep, dark cave to have missed out on the media coverage of the big split and later the tour reviews. On the other side of the coin, if you are such a casual fan that you were oblivious to all that, you probably don't care who is singing the hits you came to hear.

Also, I find it hard to believe that anyone that you know didn't hear it already from you since you seemed to have turned it into such a personal crusade.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ka-ching.

plus, for Neil, incredible exposure at a level even above what he already had, which helps him sell more records now and in the future on his own.

for Mike, I suspect the money is nice (isn't it always) but also it was a chance to stay busy after losing Tom, keep living the rock star lifestyle (as he mentioned-- though I think that was really more about feeling "not retired" more than the bling of flying in the G4 again and all that).
Old 01-29-2019, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They have their own projects and bands. They will be fine. Campbell has plenty of money! Neither need FM to put out new music.