User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from Los Angeles Times critique of Oprah's finale shows:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...ames-frey.html

On another show, Winfrey started down a great interrogative path, asking rock legend Stevie Nicks about whether female rock stars had groupies. When Nicks emphatically replied that they didn’t and launched into a rarely heard description of life on tour for women versus men, Oprah had to rush past her to get to the rest of her agenda, which included Sheryl Crow, Joan Jett, Pat Benetar, Salt-N-Pepa, Miley Cyrus, Avril Lavigne and a singalong with Sister Sledge!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an IS Tropical Interview in Purple Revolver, May 22, 2011
http://www.purplerevolver.com/music/...-festival.html

PR: For anyone who has not come across IS Tropical, how did you guys form and come together as a band?

IT: We came together in a dream when we were all really young - there was a skatepark in heaven with a massive vert ramp... I was sat at the top with Stevie Nicks and the other two were doing backflips ... we gave each other high fives and promised to meet up later in life... I think we went in the celestial hot tub shortly after that.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie got some love from Andy Cohen and Sandra Bernhard on Watch What Happens Live, 1:50 from the end.

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-ha...-sonja-part-ii
Old 06-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Stevie got some love from Andy Cohen and Sandra Bernhard on Watch What Happens Live, 1:50 from the end.

Sandra's been a long-time fan/supporter of Stevie. In her stand-up show, years ago, she had a whole bit where she talks about Stevie. They became friends and spent some time together.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post

Thanks for posting! I looooove Andy Cohen and sometimes forget to go back and watch the after show. Now we need to get Stevie on Andy!

Sandra B is just hilarious..i should go check out her show.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an article on Jeffrey and Steven McDonald, Red Kross, 1996

J: No! I got sick, like, two weeks before we were due to leave to do that show. I was sick in bed for a month. Luckily, it pushed everything back and gave us more time to prepare and get it together. It was so busy, we produce our own records – we're more involved – so the two months, month and a half that it took to record and mix was non-stop. In the last couple of weeks you're always trying to make up for time that you spent playing pinball. The days get very long. Y'know, it was, like, get it together, rehearse for a few weeks and go out on tour again. Thank god I got ill! Another thing is that Dennis Wilson recorded Pacific Ocean Blue there at Village (recording studio).

S: It's kinda historical in Los Angeles...

J: For easy listening...

S: It's the studio that they renovated for Fleetwood Mac to do Tusk and there's a vocal booth there that's known as the 'Stevie Nicks vocal booth'. There's no real windows but there's a faux window in the vocal booth with a fake California/Malibu sunset!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an article about Fireflies, Litchfield County Times
http://www.countytimes.com/articles/...0389507585.txt

And mystery is a provocative undercurrent to the montage of thoughts, something fully understood by one song-writing poet of the era in music known as classic rock, Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. Her song “Fireflies” yields little to those who might scrutinize it for narrative clarity, and yet its lines are like a mnemonic direct current to powerful semi-abstract thoughts and feelings: “To be the last to leave, the last to be gone/Stolen from the ones who held onto it …. I would love to believe, I believe what you say/in the drama of the moment/Oh no, there is no easy way, no one ever leaves/Everyone stays close ’till the fire fades … .”

These flashes lighting up the languor of a hot summer’s night are sparks of bittersweet feeling for love lived and lost, or a visual snap of the synapses, firing a rush of ecstatic hope that fulfillment of some desire can alight, magically, from the depths of the darkest night. Whatever the science, the fireflies change everything.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://stereogum.com/727222/progress...ogress-report/ (Bethany is in the band Best Coast, they are awesome!).

STEREOGUM: Stevie Nicks is also one of my favorite humans of all time. I play records in a bar in the east village where we keep a photo of her over the DJ booth to remind us to keep **** real. What is it about her that you love so much? Who else do you hold up as a musical/artistic inspiration?

BETHANY COSENTINO: I just seriously love her so much, it’s hard to put it into words. Her voice, her style, her all around energy is just so inspiring to me. I listen to “Storms” probably 5 times a day. I just feel really connected to that song. It’s pretty cheesy — I have this super new age like deep connection with her, and I’ve never even met her! I idolize a lot of female musicians; I’m really into Beyoncé too. I know that seems “lame” but I truly think she’s incredible. She is so ****ing talented, she’s beautiful, her body is INSANE, and she’s married to ****ing Jay-Z! It can’t get much better than that!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Click the link for the pics:

http://backseatcuddler.com/2011/06/2...-bottom-for-w/

Christina Aguilera and her naked bum grace the cover of W‘s July 2011 issue. She’s got a bouquet of roses and a flimsy scarf covering her front bits. A whoooole lot of crimped hair completes her cover look. One part Lady Godiva, one part… hmmmm, Stevie Nicks? You’ll have to ask stylist Giovanna Battaglia to be sure.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Click the link for the pics:

http://backseatcuddler.com/2011/06/2...-bottom-for-w/

Christina Aguilera and her naked bum grace the cover of W‘s July 2011 issue. She’s got a bouquet of roses and a flimsy scarf covering her front bits. A whoooole lot of crimped hair completes her cover look. One part Lady Godiva, one part… hmmmm, Stevie Nicks? You’ll have to ask stylist Giovanna Battaglia to be sure.
Maybe it's just me but I'm not getting the whole Stevie vibe from that picture
Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustWoman22 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I'm not getting the whole Stevie vibe from that picture
Yeah, I'm not seeing any Stevie.

For that matter, I'm not seeing much Christina. Whose body is that? I'm pretty sure we're not looking at our dear genie in a bottle.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an article on Dayme on The Improper June 25, 2011:

IM: Stevie Nicks is someone you look up to. She’s just such a tremendous artist and has been for decades; what appeals to you about her the most?

Dayme: Her rasp! She has a sweet but rugged voice. It’s both fragile and strong at the same time.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Last night in Australia

Old 06-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why, Miley? :/ You actually have a passable amount of talent, really, you're just hurting yourself with wardrobe and the dancing.

"Stewart's support act, former Fleetwood Mac vocalist Stevie Nicks, asked for five bottles of Remy Martin cognac, six bottles of wine, five bottles of Stolichnaya vodka, seven cases of beer - and 100 hibiscus candles and white drapes around her dressing room."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbi...nd-tea-bags.do
Old 06-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Why, Miley? :/ You actually have a passable amount of talent, really, you're just hurting yourself with wardrobe and the dancing.

"Stewart's support act, former Fleetwood Mac vocalist Stevie Nicks, asked for five bottles of Remy Martin cognac, six bottles of wine, five bottles of Stolichnaya vodka, seven cases of beer - and 100 hibiscus candles and white drapes around her dressing room."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbi...nd-tea-bags.do
Hot damn sounds like a party