The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

I guess my unpopular opinions would be:

1. I would like her to state her opinion on the Iraq War, while continuing to do her great work for the soldiers. If she's opposed, then she can prove once and for all that you can support the troops and oppose the war.

2. I don't think she is remotely interested in Lindsey these days and I think she has had at least relationship with a woman in the last 15 years.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara
What a sig picture that is. Gorgeous.
why thank you. I'm showing a little love for WISYA.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt
I don't think she is remotely interested in Lindsey these days and I think she has had at least relationship with a woman in the last 15 years.
really? I have never, ever thought that. Not that it's not possible. I would say it happened more like 78ish-82ish, if at all.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
really? I have never, ever thought that. Not that it's not possible. I would say it happened more like 78ish-82ish, if at all.
I can definitely see her having sex with a woman in the 78-82ish years. I meant an actual relationship in the last 15. More an intuitive feeling than anything else.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can definitely see her having sex with a woman in the 78-82ish years. I meant an actual relationship in the last 15. More an intuitive feeling than anything else.
ahhh - I see. interesting thought.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I agree, I totally think that. Remember on the Sheryl Crow/Stevie live boot thing from some random bar - they did TFFT, and Love Is - and Stevie was talking about how Sheryl came running up the stairs in her house, blah blah, says: Sheryl wrote this song for me" and then Sheryl says "for you or ABOUT you?" But you can hardly hear that part b/c Stevie is still talking over her.
Anyways. Not that I'm saying,
but lets just say I totally agree and have had that feeling, too.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I admit, I have pondered the idea that maybe Stevie was a lesbian. But I don't think that anymore. I used to think there was something between her and Sheryl.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have another unpopular opinion. I purchased the Red Rocks DVD and I absolutely hate it! I haven't watched it since.

I really only like her recent performances. Like The Dance DVD, Storytellers, Live in Boston, etc. Maybe because that is when I became a fan and that is the woman I fell in love with. Not the woman on the Red Rocks DVD!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I think Stevie's smarter than Dubbya. But that's still not saying much is it?
Stevie is definitely more intelligent than Dubbya. He's a lesser primate. He's unreal.
Quote:
I think Stevie plays dumb sometimes, but in reality, and in the words of Judge Judy Sheindlin, I think she's really "one smart cookie." I still don't get your claim of unintelligence, but then again I'm not a prescriptivist when it comes to measuring intellect. I think intelligence comes in all shapes and sizes. Is Picasso any less intelligent than Einstein? Brilliance and intellect are relative, eh?
I really have no idea, cliff. I guess in at least one sense they are: "intelligence" is a word like "liberty" & unlike "gravity." The idea of liberty can vary according to context, time, place, era, etc. The slaves of ancient Athens may have felt they had far more liberty than the slaves of Carthage, yet from my vantage point, the Athenians might seem much worse off. Whereas gravity is always 9.8 meters per second per second everywhere on earth (even back in Athens), & always has the same effect on every object on earth (all else being equal). This is my way of saying that "intelligence," like "liberty," is what we say it is; whereas gravity is what it is regardless of what we say it is. So if Sociologists X, Y & Z come along & concoct a concept of "visual intelligence" or of "aural intelligence," bingo! it exists. All they need to do is define it & characterize it. They need to delineate it somehow.

My notion of intelligence is perhaps as shifting as the sands of Egypt & yet as useful to me as the dates of the Saharan palms, from which I can make a really delicious date shake!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
I really only like her recent performances. Like The Dance DVD, Storytellers, Live in Boston, etc. Maybe because that is when I became a fan and that is the woman I fell in love with. Not the woman on the Red Rocks DVD!
Yes, that question is very important: when did you first really dig Stevie? Other Stevies might seem somehow not "right" to you. The 1987 to the present Stevie has always seemed not "right" to me, almost like a Stevie impersonator.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I admit, I have pondered the idea that maybe Stevie was a lesbian. But I don't think that anymore. I used to think there was something between her and Sheryl.
The word on the street is that Stevie & Jennifer Love Hewitt have -- or had -- something going on.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have another unpopular opinion. I purchased the Red Rocks DVD and I absolutely hate it! I haven't watched it since.
I'll join you on that one. I dislike it not because I don't like RAL-era Stevie (although not my favorite), but because all the close-ups are totally fake. It's not even the same hairstyle for christsake.

There are great moments, like the craziness with the dove, but I find most of it to be unwatchable.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
2. I don't think she is remotely interested in Lindsey these days and I think she has had at least relationship with a woman in the last 15 years.
In my dreams!! I love you for saying that though
Any speculation on who it might be? Hell maybe Stevie has just had it with men, that would be a nice thought. She hasn't exactly had great luck. If anybody should give women a chance, it shoud be her.

And as much as I would love for it to be true since I am of the female preference myself, I just cannot picture her ever loving a woman in a romantic sense. Fooling around maybe back in the day but having an actual relationship with a woman, I can't see it. I get such a total straight vibe from her although it's funny, a lot of non-hard core fans think she's bi and has relationships with women.

Last edited by SapphireSister; 03-03-2006 at 04:43 PM..
Old 03-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
The word on the street is that Stevie & Jennifer Love Hewitt have -- or had -- something going on.
I BEG of you to tell me you are kidding!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
so true.

as far as OSOTM goes, I agree that it is really a lot better than some people give it credit for. I totally think of it as the "magic" album.

My favs in order are: BD, TWH, RAL, TISL, OSOTM, SA
Another good example of what one might call an unpopular opinion is that fact that Curtis is so passionate about Street Angel in his love for it. I say good for him! Personally, save for Blue Denim, I'd rather fold laundry, but once again that's just me.