Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But, now that $tevie nick$ refuses to record with the band, I can see how $he now longer needs him. His studio genius isn't needed on her menu these days.
I've said this before, but I think Stevie may very well record a song with the "new band" if they do that little EP Mick spoke of, even if only to spite Lindsey. If that happens, I speculate that it would be a co-write with Mike Campbell in the style of their others.

Whether or not that will be successful... well, as I said elsewhere, the odds are not in their favor. It will sound like a solo song regardless and will be Fleetwood Mac in name only.

I dread it and hope it doesn't happen, which is why I think it will, lol. Be prepared for the worst!

Old 06-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I've said this before, but I think Stevie may very well record a song with the "new band" if they do that little EP Mick spoke of, even if only to spite Lindsey. If that happens, I speculate that it would be a co-write with Mike Campbell in the style of their others.

Whether or not that will be successful... well, as I said elsewhere, the odds are not in their favor. It will sound like a solo song regardless and will be Fleetwood Mac in name only.

I dread it and hope it doesn't happen, which is why I think it will, lol. Be prepared for the worst!
I agree completely. She will do it just for spite. She's so lovely...
Old 06-25-2018, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe their new songs will sound more like this version of Gypsy. Isn't Lindsey terrible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3saIrMAn6v8
Old 06-25-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Yes. And can you guess who never showed up to any of those shows? Gee I wonder why? Maybe he was too busy banging on a Kleenex box?
What a silly comment to make. And I'm sure even you knew that while you were typing it out. No one was even saying that Stevie (or Lindsey) had a thing to do with the Bob Welch situation, making a random dig at Lindsey's creativity (that you probably always appreciated prior) even more unnecessary. I agree with the idea that many people here have resorted to childish comments and digs against Stevie but 'fighting back' with more immaturity doesn't help anything.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That’s not what the reference was about. Bob committed suicide in 2012, and Wendy Welch said that Mick told her Christine refused to go to the Hall of Fame ceremony if Bob was included. It was easy for Mick to blame that on the long retired Christine, thus creating no hard feelings between Wendy and the remaining members.

But was that really what happened?
I remember reading some of Wendy's Q&A comments from after. She implicated all three of the Brits and said Stevie& Lindsey had nothing to do with what happened and claimed Lindsey even said that he thought Bob should've been inducted. Her resentment towards Mick John and Chris was very obvious tbh.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I remember reading some of Wendy's Q&A comments from after. She implicated all three of the Brits and said Stevie& Lindsey had nothing to do with what happened and claimed Lindsey even said that he thought Bob should've been inducted. Her resentment towards Mick John and Chris was very obvious tbh.
I was FB friends with her, and she insisted there that it was Christine(according to Mick) that refused to attend the RRHOF ceremony, if Bob was there.

I mean, Mick's a lying scumbag, so maybe we'll never know the real truth, but Mick told Wendy, that it was Christine's refusal to attend, that kept Bob out.

My lifetime heroine took a BIG hit to her Superwoman status, in my eyes, when I found out.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Maybe their new songs will sound more like this version of Gypsy. Isn't Lindsey terrible?

I had never heard that before. Gypsy is my favorite song, EVER. This, even cleaned up, would have been nothing more than pretty good. Thank God for Lindsey Buckingham.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was FB friends with her, and she insisted there that it was Christine(according to Mick) that refused to attend the RRHOF ceremony, if Bob was there.

I mean, Mick's a lying scumbag, so maybe we'll never know the real truth, but Mick told Wendy, that it was Christine's refusal to attend, that kept Bob out.

My lifetime heroine took a BIG hit to her Superwoman status, in my eyes, when I found out.
I understand why many might wish to believe that Christine would never do such a thing and Mick must be lying. Christine is supposed to be the "good one." Believe me, I wasn't excited to hear this either, and I'm definitely not eager to believe it. It is true that Mick had a reason to shift blame elsewhere.

However, considering that such a lie would undoubtedly eventually get back to Christine (indeed, for all Mick knew, Wendy would confront her), I don't think he'd dare make such a thing up. He'd have to know he'd get called on it.

Sadly, I think we must conclude the most likely scenario is that this was one of those instances where Mick was actually telling the truth.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with the idea that many people here have resorted to childish comments and digs against Stevie but 'fighting back' with more immaturity doesn't help anything.
It's definitely both ways, so thank you dreamsunwind, for acknowledging that. I've responded to posts with a smart/rude/unnecessary/you name it comment just to play devil's advocate on occasion, and sometimes I regretted saying it, not only because it was said out of anger but because maybe I didn't agree with what I actually wrote. It would be nice if everyone would temper their remarks, but even the thread titles alone often show that's not going to happen anytime soon. Things are better now, but once we get closer to the tour, it will start all over again.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I understand why many might wish to believe that Christine would never do such a thing and Mick must be lying. Christine is supposed to be the "good one." Believe me, I wasn't excited to hear this either, and I'm definitely not eager to believe it. It is true that Mick had a reason to shift blame elsewhere.

However, considering that such a lie would undoubtedly eventually get back to Christine (indeed, for all Mick knew, Wendy would confront her), I don't think he'd dare make such a thing up. He'd have to know he'd get called on it.

Sadly, I think we must conclude the most likely scenario is that this was one of those instances where Mick was actually telling the truth.

Don't put it past him- he's not always that bright. I get the feeling he often lives for the moment and doesn't think of long term consequences.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-25-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post

OMG hahahaahahaaaahaaa!!

Oh boy. What a blessing to the world that Stevie Nicks and TP and the heart breakers never formed a permanent union.

I want my 3 minutes back ( I had to close it after that )

Old 06-25-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
OMG hahahaahahaaaahaaa!!

Oh boy. What a blessing to the world that Stevie Nicks and TP and the heart breakers never formed a permanent union.

I went back and listened to the real one just to cleanse my palate.

Ah. That's better.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Hahahaha. I'd given up on checking in here for any discussion of the upcoming tour. I'm too busy living my life to have to sift through all the bellyaching (it's been MONTHS, I think there are people here having a harder time with Lindsey being jettisoned than he is). BUT, I am glad I checked in today simply because my life is better for having read the above Kleenex box line.

Well done. And thank you.
You are most welcome.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What a silly comment to make. And I'm sure even you knew that while you were typing it out. No one was even saying that Stevie (or Lindsey) had a thing to do with the Bob Welch situation, making a random dig at Lindsey's creativity (that you probably always appreciated prior) even more unnecessary. I agree with the idea that many people here have resorted to childish comments and digs against Stevie but 'fighting back' with more immaturity doesn't help anything.
What do you suggest?
Old 06-25-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
OMG hahahaahahaaaahaaa!!

Most of Bella Donna is Stevie and The Heartbreakers and it's pretty freaking awesome.