User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
I just don't think anything happen with Lindsey & Chris anymore than with John & Stevie.
frankly, i think they themselves may not even know lol. they were all so high and drunk and out of it for so much of their time together and sharing close quarters and changing in the same dressing room and partying and who knows what that i wouldn't be in the least surprised if either couple did it maybe once maybe twice. i don't think rational thinking had too much to do with most of their actions at the time.

i don't really care about John's or Stevie's private lives (more than i have to because it's being thrown in my face by lyrics, interviews or fans). looking at Christine and Lindsey and some of their interactions i wouldn't be surprised if it happened here or there.

but mostly i do think that Christine and Lindsey have some great chemistry together, and interesting warm relationship with a lot of respect for each other's work and musicianship and enjoying some wry humor together... as Lindsey also mentioned when describing FM getting together in LA at the beginning of this year, right before the tour started. i don't know enough and it's not really my business but i don't think either of them ever really had any couple relationship inclinations towards each other.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IMO, I think that if there was a point where Chris and Lindsey slept together, it would be between Mirage and Tango in the Night, but it's a short fling, at most. I don't see them being in a relationship together because she's too 'forward' for him, he's too 'uptight' for her. But I won't be shocked if they haven't slept together either.

If we're talking about a musical relationship, then hell to the yes. The mutual understanding they have is extremely palpable.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
For the rest of this month, my motto is: I'm waiting on the countdown, sitting in the shade. Things about to turn around. How the madness fades.

I can hardly function mentally any longer. You know, exhilarating, disappointing or something in between, London is going to be one of those moments in history that ... This month, we're getting a top 10 FM moment, any way it goes, good, bad or indifferent.

Michele
hope it happens and goes great and gets recorded multiple times for posterity by multiple fans from multiple positions in the audience... although expectations are so high and low at the same time that it's hard to tell.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it would happen, since Christine herself has said she would do it. She has committed publicly and privately. If there's a strength personality-wise that woman has, it is keeping her word.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There are photos in here from The Dance, but what stands out most to me in the taped concert is the song "Bleed to Love Her." There are shot-reverse-shots of Lindsey and Christine playing to each other in that song, with Stevie off playing her tambourine. That song always stands out to me; I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in this topic.

Also, aren't there rumours that the song "Isn't It Midnight" had some resonance to a Lindsey-Christine affair?

I can't believe it's September already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I think it would happen, since Christine herself has said she would do it. She has committed publicly and privately. If there's a strength personality-wise that woman has, it is keeping her word.
I agree completely.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
There are photos in here from The Dance, but what stands out most to me in the taped concert is the song "Bleed to Love Her." There are shot-reverse-shots of Lindsey and Christine playing to each other in that song, with Stevie off playing her tambourine. That song always stands out to me; I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in this topic.

Also, aren't there rumours that the song "Isn't It Midnight" had some resonance to a Lindsey-Christine affair?
I don't think Lindsey and Christine were having an affair at all. However, whenever he is standing away from his mic, not singing, he is frequently looking at Christine. That's always been true and that is certainly a poignant part of the official Dance dvd. Brett never got that kind of action.

Michele
Old 09-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it's an allusion to an affair either.

Personally, I'd prefer to think of their chemistry as sensual, and not sexual.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I don't think it's an allusion to an affair either.

Personally, I'd prefer to think of their chemistry as sensual, and not sexual.
And I actually think of it as more spiritual, and not sensual or sexual. Anyway, there was awkwardness with Lindsey, Stevie and John for BTM, but Christine and Lindsey were beautiful, I thought and my fervent hope is that there is some interaction between Lindsey and Christine in September that is warm and genuine and not distant or strained. Like it or not, there is going to be a Don't Stop and I hope it's a good one.

I think they have been cool perhaps since SYW, but I don't think that would have persisted if they'd been in close proximity to each other over these intervening years.

And I just want her to stay on the stage. For BTM Lindsey did go off stage and Mick called him back for the last bow, but that was only respectful to Rick and Billy. This time, Mick can call Christine back onto the stage after Say Goodbye to take a bow with them, but I am dreaming of something a little different than that. I'll be here indulging my fantasies for the next 3 weeks.

Michele
Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Lindsey and Christine were having an affair at all. However, whenever he is standing away from his mic, not singing, he is frequently looking at Christine

Michele
There are also looks between Lindsey and Mick during Mirage concert
Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
There are also looks between Lindsey and Mick during Mirage concert
Ah, Lindsey and Mick. True love, though "it's complicated."

Michele
Old 09-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, Lindsey and Mick. True love, though "it's complicated."
Isn't that everyone's relationship status?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:53 AM

I've always felt they were like sister and brother personally and wrote the best music of FM. They spent a lot of time on Tusk, Mirage, and TITN together. Their vocals together are amazing, the co-writes are creative, and the overall sound they produce is wonderful.

The world could use more Buckingham/McVie and less Buckingham/Nicks.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-04-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Old 09-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly. They are so ridiculously compatible with each other musically, and it shows in their work. Wish they would record something in the present time because both of them now have this rich, aged tone in their voices which can be a really great blend today. Tango in the Night is especially a very fruitful album for this pair.

Yes, more Buckingham/McVie please.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

I would be interested to see how the Buckingham/McVie collaborative process differs from B/N. I doubt there would be any "You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" exchanges, but I'd imagine potential points of conflict being between what's "good" and "good enough" in each track's development.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
I would be interested to see how the Buckingham/McVie collaborative process differs from B/N. I doubt there would be any "You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" exchanges, but I'd imagine potential points of conflict being between what's "good" and "good enough" in each track's development.
With Lindsey and Christine on the polar opposite ends of the "traditional vs. experimental" spectrum, there is bound to be conflict. They're also both notorious perfectionists, which means they would probably take a long time to polish one track.