Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
This is why Stevie can't just walk in the studio after everyone else has been working on the album for months. If she wants an album to have 50% of her sound, then she should be there for at least 50% of the making of the album.
Hence Tango In The Night...
Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I seriously don't see Lindsey ever letting FM strip down one of her tunes and building it back up with FMac on it.

I just don't see Linsdey doing that.
I wouldn't want it anyway. I don't think it was that great a suggestion from Caillat.

Michele
Old 07-24-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wouldn't want it anyway. I don't think it was that great a suggestion from Caillat.

Michele
I concur logically and artistically; however, I know my desperation for the fab 5 would turn a blind eye to it all. I miss you Chris!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I concur logically and artistically; however, I know my desperation for the fab 5 would turn a blind eye to it all. I miss you Chris!
I want them together at least one more time too, but this wouldn't be having them together to me. At least with something like SYHA we can imagine Christine, John, Lindsey and Mick in the studio, even though we don't have any pictures or footage.

In this scenario, trading tapes across the ocean is just empty. Unless Mick described some really groovy phone calls they might have had with each other. But look, the Mac has to go to England at some point, so there are opportunities for something.

If that fails, someone must have taken a picture when Christine went to the Unleashed tour. There is a snap shot of her with some, if not all, of them. Just leak that to us you anonymous person out there. We'd eat it up.

Michele
Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I'm the one, I know where you're comin' fromI'm the one you miss, baby, I'm the one

CHRISTINE MCVIE -

Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
This is why Stevie can't just walk in the studio after everyone else has been working on the album for months. If she wants an album to have 50% of her sound, then she should be there for at least 50% of the making of the album.
Well.... you do bring a valid point. I think the band started to stray from their sound a bit....during Tango In The Night...........Stevie is and will always be my favorite, but my friend.........you make a true and valid point. She can't complain if she is not there to give her feedback.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etisl View Post
Well.... you do bring a valid point. I think the band started to stray from their sound a bit....during Tango In The Night...........Stevie is and will always be my favorite, but my friend.........you make a true and valid point. She can't complain if she is not there to give her feedback.
It's a valid point, but on the other hand the band has always been happy to take advantage of the fact that Stevie isn't needed in the studio all the time. When the time came to make Tango, everyone but John was coming off solo projects. Tango couldn't be made until Mick, Chris, and Lindsey were all available, but they knew they could get started even while Stevie was on the RAL tour. The same thing happened when they began making SYW while Stevie was touring to support TISL. Nothing wrong with that approach I suppose, but if you are going to work around everyone's schedule but hers, it doesn't seem right to then complain about her absence, which they did a time or two.

Last edited by MikeInNV; 07-24-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unfortunately for Stevie, that's where she can't have it both ways. Either she has to be there in the studio the whole time, giving her input on what the guys are doing (and I think that should include on LB's tracks too, to his chagrin, I'm sure...he may have written them, but at the end of the day, they will be FLEETWOOD MAC songs) and hopefully the end result is a cohesive album that she can be proud of.....OR......she can come into the studio when she's available (as she did for Tango and, to a lesser extent, SYW), but have to live with the fact that the band is making decisions on songs (both hers and Lindsey's) that she might not be totally happy with.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 07-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Unfortunately for Stevie, that's where she can't have it both ways. Either she has to be there in the studio the whole time, giving her input on what the guys are doing (and I think that should include on LB's tracks too, to his chagrin, I'm sure...he may have written them, but at the end of the day, they will be FLEETWOOD MAC songs) and hopefully the end result is a cohesive album that she can be proud of.....OR......she can come into the studio when she's available (as she did for Tango and, to a lesser extent, SYW), but have to live with the fact that the band is making decisions on songs (both hers and Lindsey's) that she might not be totally happy with.
She needs a reason to be in the studio everyday. How about she produce the next Fleetwood Mac album?? I'd love to see what she does with Lindsey's songs XD. It'd either be a masterpiece or a complete failure, but what do they really have to lose? Hell, make a Stevie produced 6 song EP and release it on iTunes. It'd sure give them something to talk about in interviews other than Rumours and drugs.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I want them together at least one more time too, but this wouldn't be having them together to me. At least with something like SYHA we can imagine Christine, John, Lindsey and Mick in the studio, even though we don't have any pictures or footage.

In this scenario, trading tapes across the ocean is just empty. Unless Mick described some really groovy phone calls they might have had with each other. But look, the Mac has to go to England at some point, so there are opportunities for something.

If that fails, someone must have taken a picture when Christine went to the Unleashed tour. There is a snap shot of her with some, if not all, of them. Just leak that to us you anonymous person out there. We'd eat it up.

Michele
You've always had more will-power than I!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see why it seems empty to trade tapes across the ocean. Producers and musicians do this all the time these days via computer. Are those releases inherently empty? Do I need to (or ever) imagine people playing in a studio together in order to enjoy the music? Does it hinder my enjoyment of SYW that I know Stevie added vocals to all-but-canned tracks? No. I mean, if Christine sent some music to Lindsey to produce and play on and they interacted via skype and email for a month, would ANYONE here not be ecstatic to hear the results? It's the same thing to me.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I don't see why it seems empty to trade tapes across the ocean. Producers and musicians do this all the time these days via computer. Are those releases inherently empty? Do I need to (or ever) imagine people playing in a studio together in order to enjoy the music? Does it hinder my enjoyment of SYW that I know Stevie added vocals to all-but-canned tracks? No. I mean, if Christine sent some music to Lindsey to produce and play on and they interacted via skype and email for a month, would ANYONE here not be ecstatic to hear the results? It's the same thing to me.
IF Fleetwoodmac Mac is going to produce it. Take a demo of hers and produce it from scratch. Don't take an 8 year old recording and add new tracks to it, which was the suggestion. They can do that as a tribute if one of them dies (like Natalie Cole)p singing on her dad's songs), but if she is still alive, I really don't see the point of doing that. Michele
Old 07-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll bet if the band offered to travel to England to record one last album they might be able to convince Chris to participate.It would also force Stevie to be present like she was when the basic tracks for Mirage were laid down in France for 6 weeks.Mick's argument that Chris would not be on tour to perform any 'hits" she might have from said album is silly at this point.I for one would be so grateful that I would not sit out the tour like I did for "unleashed'.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree that it just sounds kind of cheap to take old tracks that apparently weren't good enough for a mediocre, at best, solo album (not to offend any who liked it). And it does hinder my enjoyment of Say You Will knowing that Stevie is just singing over finished songs. Lindsey's songs would have a made a better solo album, and SYW ends up sounding confused, overstuffed, and patched together. This idea sounds like a great one for possibly leading to something better, like actually having Christine contribute something new to a new album.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand the train of thought on singing over demos or so-called finished songs. Basically, that's all they ever do. Stevie brought in new "demos" to SYW, not necessarily new songs.

These are songwriters. They write a bunch of songs. They pull them out and work on them and decide if they think it's more suited for FM or to use for their solo projects or maybe to just keep them in the song vault. It's not some song conspiracy to keep the "best" songs for themselves. They probably get tickled if the other one says, "Hey, I really like that one. Can we try it with me singing on it?" Then, if they don't end up liking it's not that big of a deal (most of the time), they just move on to another song.

Lindsey is the great tweaker. It's what he does, it's how he produces, whether it's his stuff or "Fleetwood Mac", including the songs Stevie brings him.

Last edited by CADreaming; 07-25-2012 at 04:01 PM..