User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Maybe they could meld their songs about her mother together in the first-ever Buckingham-Nicks (or Nicks-Buckingham) co-write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
No..."Frozen Love" was a Buckingham-Nicks co-write.
What about "Book of Miracles"?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
She didn't like SYW or she didn't like how long it took and had a bad taste in her mouth over some other argument they never specified publicly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As for why they didn't get along on SYW, whatever happened when she was in Hawaii, I'm quite sure she didn't like the way her songs sounded either, on top of everything else.
I thought Lindsey re-sequenced SYW (and possibly made other tweaks) while the rest of them were in Hawaii, and that led to a big fight. I seem to recall Stevie making a comment about Lindsey front-loading the album with the really off-the-wall stuff (presumably tracks like "Murrow" and "Illume").
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I thought Lindsey re-sequenced SYW (and possibly made other tweaks) while the rest of them were in Hawaii, and that led to a big fight. I seem to recall Stevie making a comment about Lindsey front-loading the album with the really off-the-wall stuff (presumably tracks like "Murrow" and "Illume").
"I hear the islands calling
I hear angry words
Flying across the ocean
Like some seabirds... never stopping
I feel my blood racing
Can't believe what you are saying
I used to love you so much"

I've always wondered just what it was he said....
Old 07-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Exciting. I would love for the band to put out a new cd, or EP (prefer full CD though.) I only wish they would bring in a new producer and a great audio engineer. Lindsey and Stevie ofcourse have no shortage of new songs.......

But, as much as I love Lindsey Buckingham.....in my opinion "Say You Will" sounded like a Lindsey solo record, with special guest Stevie Nicks. It didn't mesh...the way it should have. It was 90% Lindsey style/sound, and 10% Stevie's style/sound. Great songs that could have done very well commercially had they been produced and mixed for todays radio. Stevie's demos for the songs on Say You will actually sounded better than the finished product...atleast from what they played on the Destiny Rules documentary.

Last edited by Etisl; 07-22-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etisl View Post
Exciting. I would love for the band to put out a new cd, or EP (prefer full CD though.) I only wish they would bring in a new producer and a great audio engineer. Lindsey and Stevie ofcourse have no shortage of new songs.......

But, as much as I love Lindsey Buckingham.....in my opinion "Say You Will" sounded like a Lindsey solo record, with special guest Stevie Nicks. It didn't mesh...the way it should have. It was 90% Lindsey style/sound, and 10% Stevie's style/sound. Great songs that could have done very well commercially had they been produced and mixed for todays radio. Stevie's demos for the songs on Say You will actually sounded better than the finished product...atleast from what they played on the Destiny Rules documentary.
Ridiculous.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Agreed. SYW is a mess.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's very common for bands to release an EP prior to releasing an album (which inclues EP tracks in part or in total). So maybe the EP could come out BEFORE the tour. Then time off to put together the album proper and then another tour.

Quote:
EXACTLY! No wonder Mick is so frustrated with these two!?!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
Ridiculous.

That flute had to go!! And imagine those songs without Lindsey's guitar! Destiny Rules alone is better than any solo stevie song with the exception of Edge of Seventeen--and just for Lindsey's Johnny Marr playing.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-23-2012 at 02:20 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Of course, it's all subjective. I think Lindsey did a great job with Running Through the Garden. He gave it a more modern sound and terrific guitar solo. However, on the other hand, he took the teeth out of Smile At You and made a fierce rocker into a boring adult contemporary snoozer. It's hit and miss.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How is nobody talking about this??

I've looked everywhere and I haven't seen a mention of this interview yet. Maybe I am blind?

"Ken said he then asked Christine why she wasn't playing anymore and she said she gets bored, her hands play the same things etc. He then went on to tell Michael that he produced Christine's last solo album (In The Meantime) back in 2005 and that he still has the tracks from that, and that there are 4 or 5 tracks off the album that were never used... So when he was talking to Mick, Ken suggested that the band replace the parts on the tracks with Bass parts by John, Guitar by Lindsey and Drums with Mick... and get Stevie and Lindsey on the background tracks... and that would be the first Fleetwood Mac group song(s)! Christine would love to do it said Ken... Mick said it was a good idea, but the problem is getting everyone to agree to it, and Ken just left it at that..."

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2012/0...view-with.html
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
"Ken said he then asked Christine why she wasn't playing anymore and she said she gets bored, her hands play the same things etc. He then went on to tell Michael that he produced Christine's last solo album (In The Meantime) back in 2005 and that he still has the tracks from that, and that there are 4 or 5 tracks off the album that were never used... So when he was talking to Mick, Ken suggested that the band replace the parts on the tracks with Bass parts by John, Guitar by Lindsey and Drums with Mick... and get Stevie and Lindsey on the background tracks... and that would be the first Fleetwood Mac group song(s)! Christine would love to do it said Ken... Mick said it was a good idea, but the problem is getting everyone to agree to it, and Ken just left it at that..."

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2012/0...view-with.html
I'd rather they produced a song with Christine, rather than putting FM members on pre-existing tracks.

Michele
Old 07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
And imagine those songs without Lindsey's guitar! Destiny Rules alone is better than any solo stevie song with the exception of Edge of Seventeen--and just for Lindsey's Johnny Marr playing.
so with you on Lindsey's DR guitar parts!! they make the song - just gorgeous
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember when they recorded the white album in four months?!?

There are some holes here....I sure can't see Stevie just going in and adding backing vocals to eight of Lindsey's songs.....they would have to do an equal number of her's, or close to it!
And everyone seemed to pretty much be in agreement....if there was a new album. it would be with an outside producer.

I don't think finding a label would be a problem,,,,,I'm sure Interscope (among others!) would be happy to have them! At the same time, no one ~ band or label ~ is going to want to just toss it out there, particularly A) the first release for a new label, and B) the album that could be their swan song!

This is promising....but I don't think we'll see anything in 2013!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Outside Producer: Andrew Dawson. He's young and fresh--an engineer on Kanye albums (for which he's won 3 grammys) and on the new fun. album. In order to get that "California sound"--the Pet Shop Boys employed him to produce their new album Elysium.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

This is why Stevie can't just walk in the studio after everyone else has been working on the album for months. If she wants an album to have 50% of her sound, then she should be there for at least 50% of the making of the album.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd rather they produced a song with Christine, rather than putting FM members on pre-existing tracks.

Michele
I still don't ever see this happening. I don't see her flying out here to Los Angeles, and/or I don't see LB flying over there to record... I seriously don't see Lindsey ever letting FM strip down one of her tunes and building it back up with FMac on it.

I just don't see Linsdey doing that.