The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Stevie, Lindsey or Christine?? (favorite singer/songwriter)
Christine McVie 29 18.83%
Lindsey Buckingham 35 22.73%
Stevie Nicks 90 58.44%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Oh, why do you do this to yourself? It's obvious where this is headed. Chiffon for the win.
I would not bet against the Chiffon.. been here too long..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would not bet against the Chiffon.. been here too long..
Ditto. lol.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like all three of them for various reasons -- that's why Fleetwood Mac is so unique and appealing.

I didn't officially vote. These polls are becoming rather superfluous, aren't they? It's evident in the extremely low voting numbers. People are getting tired of them because of the overload.

I prefer to have a dialogue - it's more productive and less mindless.
Word to the poll-addictive posters: just say no!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-09-2012 at 12:02 AM..
Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
These poles are becoming rather superfluous, aren't they? It's evident in the extremely low voting numbers. People are getting tired of them because of the overload.Word to the poll-addictive posters: just say no!
Someone should make a poll listing all the active Ledgies and the rest of us could guess next to their name which singer they like the best. It would be based on how well we know each other's tastes. For example, before I even looked at the results I knew Butter Cookie was gonna vote for Christine.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Love all three together.. but I miss and love Christine..
Agree 100%. In terms of songwriters-singers, that's the reason I love Fleetwood Mac.
There are times I love to listen Stevie songs, then there are Lindsey periods, or Christine months.. but actually it's the combination that I love. That's why my favorite band is not a one singer band.

And yes I miss Christine, Fleetwood Mac is not the same without her.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I prefer to have a dialogue - it's more productive and less mindless.
interesting opinion. while i personally may agree with your dialogue preference, polls provide some insights (and numbers!) dialogue doesn't necessarily. also in many instances a poll serves as a dialogue starter - as it has already here. however some people do not feel the need to express their opinions in a dialogue form, for whatever reason, but still like to vote in polls. it's nice to have their opinions captured too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Someone should make a poll listing all the active Ledgies and the rest of us could guess next to their name which singer they like the best. It would be based on how well we know each other's tastes.
that's a good point, and i can tell you right now that even though penguinhead and villavic chose not to vote in the poll if they absolutely had to choose their votes would go for SN and CM, respectively (imo ). and i don't think anybody can doubt who is my or yours favorite. but there are many members who are not as loud as us; why not hear them in the form of poll then?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's interesting how many Stevie fans feel the need to acknowledge a perceived lack of technical skill: "She's my favorite, but obviously the weakest link," "I love her, but she's wildly inconsistent." It reminds my of the favorite songwriters thread a few months ago, when Stevie was almost never mentioned without a caveat.

Chiffonheads may be the loudest and most active group here, but we're also strangely skeptical of our queen. No need to be ashamed of Stevie's place in our wild hearts! Consider her material within Fleetwood Mac 1975-83, and try to tell me she's a weak link.

Personally, I'm like 50% Stevie, 40% Chris, 10% Lindsey.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Agree 100%. In terms of songwriters-singers, that's the reason I love Fleetwood Mac.
There are times I love to listen Stevie songs, then there are Lindsey periods, or Christine months.. but actually it's the combination that I love. That's why my favorite band is not a one singer band.

And yes I miss Christine, Fleetwood Mac is not the same without her.

I completely relate and agree with you on this. The Mac is my favorite all time band. I also like all three of them in their solo endevers. I also am proud to say that Ms. Nicks is my musical obsession. I am completely inspired by her poetry and songwriting. I love her passionate stage performances both now and in her hayday. I miss the three voices that were made for each other and the rhythmn section that makes The Mac into the the best most unique band in the history of 70's era Rock-N-Rolla.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Personally, I'm like 50% Stevie, 40% Chris, 10% Lindsey.
ohhh, you are breaking my heart with that 10%.

you know that kiss he blew at 92Y? i take back what i said - definitely not to you.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ohhh, you are breaking my heart with that 10%.

you know that kiss he blew at 92Y? i take back what i said - definitely not to you.

Hahahaha I was forgetting that. Maybe I'll up it to 40% Stevie, 35% Chris, 25% Lindsey?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post

Hahahaha I was forgetting that. Maybe I'll up it to 40% Stevie, 35% Chris, 25% Lindsey?
nah, not good enough... taking the kiss for myself now (memory lapses are beautiful thing )

have to add after reading posts from many nice people here expressing their love for all 3 songwriters... although i like some of the songs from the girls, and some of the 3-part harmonies are just gorgeous, i really only have love for LB. without him i would not be interested in FM (well, if you disregard PG period), or either one of the girls.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nah, not good enough... taking the kiss for myself now (memory lapses are beautiful thing )

have to add after reading posts from many nice people here expressing their love for all 3 songwriters... although i like some of the songs from the girls, and some of the 3-part harmonies are just gorgeous, i really only have love for LB. without him i would not be interested in FM (well, if you disregard PG period), or either one of the girls.
Fair enough Heck, we may as well all let our fangirliest memories fly free! I know I will maintain it was for me always!

Objectively, I think they're all wonderful songwriters. It just comes down to personal taste. Nothing wrong with having favorites! And while I tend not to connect with Lindsey's material within the Mac so much as I do with Stevie's and Christine's, he blew me away live. I'm grateful to all of them for their roles within Fleetwood Mac.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i like the girl...(stevie) not the snobby guy...or the other guy..???? LOL

Last edited by windbecame; 03-09-2012 at 02:50 AM..
Old 03-09-2012, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course I love Stevie with every chiffon ounce of my body, but I'll always absolutely love Christine. When considering purely Fleetwood Mac songs, Christine knocks it out of the park as my favorite. But the combination of Stevie's solo and Mac career makes up my favorite artist of all time, and that will never change. I don't really want to vote, because come to think of it I love Lindsey's songs so much I truly consider him my favorite in FM sometimes as well
Old 03-09-2012, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windbecame View Post
or the other guy..???? LOL
To whom are you referring?