User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Maybe, as with UTS (possibly), he wrote these songs with the intention of doing a Mac album. Or they can both be read as responses to the SYW and Unleashed tours, respectively. sheesh... what does go on with those two!?
I think that does have to be taken into consideration. These songs may have a romantic yearning slant because he thought he would be singing them with a woman. He thought they would be FM songs and he was writing them, with an eye to having her on stage and in the recording with him. So, the words might have taken a turn accordingly, just to heighten performance of the material, just so they could play off of each other.

In that sense, maybe that's why BTLH and SYHA don't remind me of Stevie at all. Maybe he wrote them as solo ventures and wasn't thinking about her when the lyrics evolved. Michele
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think that does have to be taken into consideration. These songs may have a romantic yearning slant because he thought he would be singing them with a woman. He thought they would be FM songs and he was writing them, with an eye to having her on stage and in the recording with him. So, the words might have taken a turn accordingly, just to heighten performance of the material, just so they could play off of each other.

In that sense, maybe that's why BTLH and SYHA don't remind me of Stevie at all. Maybe he wrote them as solo ventures and wasn't thinking about her when the lyrics evolved. Michele
...and so they can be unified in the Mac context...and to meet the needs of fans.

I also agree about BTLH and SYHA; I don't get a Stevie vibe off those songs. Def do about Say Goodbye, of course, but that's bout it from that album.

Too bad he never really got the chance to write new songs after The Dance... except for Twist of Fate/Right Place to Fade... which is TTOOOOOOTTAAAAALLLY about Stevie.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...and so they can be unified in the Mac context...and to meet the needs of fans.
i was just about to write that in response to you on twitter! maybe he decided he's going commercial all the way - melodies and satisfying shipper needs (sorry, my cynical self coming through)

Quote:
except for Twist of Fate/Right Place to Fade... which is TTOOOOOOTTAAAAALLLY about Stevie.
i completely disagree - when you listen to lyrics, and the story about how he and kristen met and clicked while both in bad relationships, to me that song has always sounded as totally about that.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe, as with UTS (possibly), he wrote these songs with the intention of doing a Mac album. Or they can both be read as responses to the SYW and Unleashed tours, respectively. sheesh... what does go on with those two!?
Did Lindsey mention anything about writing any of the songs at the show? I don't remember hearing anything on the videos. But maybe I missed something.

I'm sure some of these were written during his self-imposed lock-up in his hotel room on FM's day off during Unleashed. Anyone else remember him mentioning that?

On another note, to date, Lindsey has never asked Stevie to sing with him on a solo album, has he? Closest thing I can think of is the Soundstage taping. But i can't think of anything else. She's recruited him for TISL and IYD. Maybe he made a conscious decision not to ask her since he fake her voice with all his fancy equipment.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
On another note, to date, Lindsey has never asked Stevie to sing with him on a solo album, has he? Closest thing I can think of is the Soundstage taping. But i can't think of anything else. She's recruited him for TISL and IYD. Maybe he made a conscious decision not to ask her since he fake her voice with all his fancy equipment.
Nothing is coming to mind. No, I don't think so. Which seems odd to me, because wasn't he saying a few years ago that he wanted her to come to his home studio and record some acoustic stuff eventually?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did Lindsey mention anything about writing any of the songs at the show? I don't remember hearing anything on the videos. But maybe I missed something.
I don't think so. He talked about putting the album together in the surprise time he found on his hands, but didn't say exactly when the songs were written.

No, as far as we know Lindsey hasn't had Stevie on his albums and I like that separation just to distinguish between FM and the solo work and let them preserve their identities. But he did ask a certain dame to be on his solo albums (and he was on one of hers) and he'd absolutely make my life complete if he'd ask her again.

Michele
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry - there is absolutely no reason at all The Dance forward for them to play any romantic card onstage. They could have easily acted friendly, walked onstage and sang their hits and walked off without ever bringing up their "past" relationship again. But, they didn't do that. If they're doing it now, it's a calculated afterthought that was a result of something that happened.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
nope, he didn't mention anything like CAD story. just that the time unexpectedly opened up, and he filled it.

if he did, i didn't hear it.

EDIT: sorry, Michele and i responded within a minute of each other. guess it's true then, he didn't say anything.

Last edited by elle; 04-25-2011 at 09:39 PM..
Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But he did ask a certain dame to be on his solo albums (and he was on one of hers) and he'd absolutely make my life complete if he'd ask her again.
yes; i love many of the lindsey/christine collaborations.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And you take the lyrics from these and compare it to the lyrics from those and you can't help but . . . well, I'm just saying.

Michele
So, to compare...

His:
"We crossed the line
From the fire we were running"

Hers:
"And even though they were so in love
They drew a line in the sand just because
In the smoke and the fire
She burned his house down"
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think so. He talked about putting the album together in the surprise time he found on his hands, but didn't say exactly when the songs were written.

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nope, he didn't mention anything like CAD story. just that the time unexpectedly opened up, and he filled it.
Thank you both for confirming. I always love the backstory behind songs so I was hoping for a bite there. Guess we will just have to wait this one out. September suddenly does seem really far away.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
So, to compare...

His:
"We crossed the line
From the fire we were running"

Hers:
"And even though they were so in love
They drew a line in the sand just because
In the smoke and the fire
She burned his house down"
That's great.

And I admit I think it's silly to believe that Lindsey knows Stevie solo songs. I don't think he even likes that music. But I compare his fire still burning to her "there's no fire burning." That's a reply.

Also, since I don't have her new songs yet, when he says meet me at station, I'm thinking, what station? The railway station? Where's she's been waiting, since That's Alright?

Michele
Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's great.

And I admit I think it's silly to believe that Lindsey knows Stevie solo songs. I don't think he even likes that music. But I compare his fire still burning to her "there's no fire burning." That's a reply.

Also, since I don't have her new songs yet, when he says meet me at station, I'm thinking, what station? The railway station? Where's she's been waiting, since That's Alright?

Michele
LOL about the station. I was thinking that too, but his station is "up" and hers is "down". Figures.

I wouldn't have thought about all the fire and lines either except for his reference to Edgar Allan Poe. Plus, they have both commented on each other's new stuff, so they must have shared copies.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL about the station. I was thinking that too, but his station is "up" and hers is "down". Figures.

I wouldn't have thought about all the fire and lines either except for his reference to Edgar Allan Poe. Plus, they have both commented on each other's new stuff, so they must have shared copies.
Plus, dreams is a generic term, overused by every songwriter and poet in the history of the world.

But I can't help think that her album is In Your Dreams and his songs are full of troubled dreams where he's with his past love and only wakes up to find her gone.

He found her in the sea in Treason, now she never leaves his dreams.

Yes, they shared copies and she thinks his stuff is the best he's ever written. She even told Dave so!

Michele
Old 04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Plus, dreams is a generic term, overused by every songwriter and poet in the history of the world.

But I can't help think that her album is In Your Dreams and his songs are full of troubled dreams where he's with his past love and only wakes up to find her gone.

He found her in the sea in Treason, now she never leaves his dreams.

Yes, they shared copies and she thinks his stuff is the best he's ever written. She even told Dave so!

Michele
Well, if she thinks they're about her - of course she does!