Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2011 Fleetwood Mac Tour?

KLOS said Irving Azoff had made a comment about the upcoming Van Halen and Fleetwood Mac tours in 2011...shouldn't Stevie be touring SOLO in 2011 to promote her new SOLO album??
Old 10-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No rule on the books that says that BOTH can't happen in the same year. No need to pole vault into those conclusions (since obviously "jumping" is way to small)

She may do "some shows" after her album is released. I seriously doubt that Fleetwood Mac is going to go on one of their long grueling tours like they did in 2003. Stevie's album will be out in March (*fingers crossed*), she can tour from then til June. The Fleetwood Mac tour may not start until August or September...or even later....even if Fleetwood Mac starts their tour in December of 2011, that's STILL 2011.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see the point in another FM tour if they don't put out a new album. Otherwise its just a repeat of the last tour. Otherwise its just a repeat of the last tour. Otherwise its just a repeat...
Old 10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I don't see the point in another FM tour if they don't put out a new album. Otherwise its just a repeat of the last tour. Otherwise its just a repeat of the last tour. Otherwise its just a repeat...
Maybe an album is in the works already...other than being at the US Open, we haven't heard of Lindsey doing anything...and since the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band just disappeared off the tour schedule, Mick's apparently "MIA", maybe they've been secretly recording tracks for the new album...maybe the whole "solo album with Dave Stewart" is just a smokescreen for the new Fleetwood Mac album.

(damn, I love conspiracy theories! )
Old 10-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Maybe an album is in the works already...other than being at the US Open, we haven't heard of Lindsey doing anything...and since the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band just disappeared off the tour schedule, Mick's apparently "MIA", maybe they've been secretly recording tracks for the new album...maybe the whole "solo album with Dave Stewart" is just a smokescreen for the new Fleetwood Mac album.

or the whole "get together in the studio and make music" thing is out the window and they'll be following the Say You Will model, with minimal Stevie time in the studio.

It worked great on the last album as far as I'm concerned.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey, John, and Mick have been laying low this year - maybe they bumped Stevie out the band and going with the "Men of Mac" thing that was talked about a while back...

Maybe there all in England recording a new FM album with Christine! OMG!!!

Bekka Bramlett? Now there's an idea!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey, John, and Mick have been laying low this year - maybe they bumped Stevie out the band and going with the "Men of Mac" thing that was talked about a while back...

Maybe there all in England recording a new FM album with Christine! OMG!!!

Bekka Bramlett? Now there's an idea!
That's fine. If Stevie don't get on board, she should left behind. (Who she thinks she is? Peter Hook?)

Still sound like a chiffonhead?

ETA: not that there's anything wrong with that

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And the prize for best conspiracy theory goes to ChiliD!

Anyways, I hate to say it, but anything is possible. That whole Dave Stewart thing could be that he maybe was a guest on a few songs on a full-fledged FM album, and that the "Stevie solo album" might just be an elaborate cover.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, after all, there WAS talk back during the 2008 tour that when it came to doing the next album they'd get an outside producer to oversee the production. Maybe Dave & Stevie are doing tracks as an experiment to see how they work together as a kind of "audition" for the Fleetwood Mac producer's chair. (especially since Stevie wasn't all that happy in retrospect with Lindsey's handling of SYW)
Old 10-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
That's fine. If Stevie don't get on board, she should left behind. (Who she thinks she is? Peter Hook?)

Still sound like a chiffonhead?
Ok, ok, I'm I called you a "chiffonhead"...but that WAS a stereotypical "chiffonhead" comment you made at the Lindsey Forum. You have to at least admit to that.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Better throw this in before things get a little too heated...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLrTPrp-fW8

Old 10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First of, I'm assuming that some people are more "Stevie Nicks" fans than "Fleetwood Mac" fans and vice versa. I know my mom is a Stevie fan, but doesn't really care for FM, even Stevie's songs w/FM except for "Gypsy" - a song that reminds my mom of a friend of her's that ill with cancer in a nursing home.

With that said, wouldn't the ruse of a solo Stevie album really being a full FM project upset her solo fans, those that love Stevie and not FM?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
With that said, wouldn't the ruse of a solo Stevie album really being a full FM project upset her solo fans, those that love Stevie and not FM?
Being of the "Fleetwood Mac more, much, much, much more, than Stevie Nicks" persuasion...I don't really care. Gimme a FMac album!

(I've always been a "band first" kinda guy)
Old 10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No rule on the books that says that BOTH can't happen in the same year. .
Both FM and la Nicks tours on 2011? I don't see that coming.
Stevie is in her 60s.. it's too hard for a singer at that age to go on the road too long. She was already tired when I see them in Dallas last year.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Here's a press release. No new info, just thought it might be relevant to the Azoff comments]

Irving Azoff Joins Clear Channel Board

October 4, 2010
Live Nation Executive Chairman Irving Azoff has joined the Board of Directors for Clear Channel, according to a filing with the SEC late Friday. Azoff replaces Kent R. Weldon, a partner at Thomas H. Lee Partners, on Clear Channel's board. THL Partners is, of course, one of the two private equity firms that now own Clear Channel. According to the New York Times, Weldon stepped down from Clear Channel's board to make room for Azoff.

Azoff discussed the state of Live Nation at a meeting organized by Liberty Media. USA Today reports that Azoff is optimistic about 2011's concert offerings, citing planned tours by the cast of Glee, Van Halen, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera and Fleetwood Mac.

Azoff also talked about Live Nation's further involvement in merchandise and other items beyond the concert ticket, saying, "We intend to become the Amazon of the music business." Last week, Barry Diller resigned as Chairman of Live Nation. While there were rumors of clashes between Azoff and Diller, Azoff said on Twitter that "It was always Barry Diller's intention to step down from LNE COB during first year after TM/LN merger. I look forward to continue to work with him during his time on the board. I thank him for the many years of dedication and loyalty to everyone at TM."

Azoff was also in the news last week because he and his wife Shelli will be honored by the City Of Hope's Music and Entertainment Industry group with the 2011 Spirit of Life Award, its most prestigious honor and recognizes individuals who have committed their time and resources to helping those in need.