User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
1. As good--no, great--as some of Stevie's solo songs are, she has never produced an entirely satisfying album that I can enjoy from start to finish. Maybe it's the nature of the act--I can take her in smaller doses interspersed with songs from Lindsey and Christine. This may be true of all of the current Mac frontline; but both Lindsey and Christine have solo albums I can listen to from front to back (Out of the Cradle and In the Meantime).
Ah, differing opinions make the world go 'round. I have yet to really listen to Christine's solo stuff, but I'm with you on OOTC; totally flawless, an insult to even think of skipping a track. BUT the album that I personally feel is 100% perfect top to bottom, an album that immediately improves my mood every time I listen to it, is Bella Donna. For my part I think it's the best FM-related album in existence, an album I love more than Stevie's other solo efforts, more than even Lindsey's incredible solo output, even more than every Fleetwood Mac album. Crazy? Maybe. Crazy in love with Stevie and her incredible songwriting.

Quote:
2. Oh Daddy is one of the strongest songs on Rumours.
All 12 tracks on Rumours are the strongest tracks on the album. Like Bella Donna and Out of the Cradle (and Tusk), Rumours is perfection.

"No one ever leaves, everyone stays close 'till the fire fades..."

Last edited by The Highwayman; 06-05-2016 at 09:56 PM..
Old 07-12-2023, 09:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

1) Say You Will is better than Buckingham/McVie (both are still enjoyable listens)

2) Buckingham's Mirage songs are better than Nicks' and only slightly better than McVie's (despite the inclusion of "Oh Diane")

3) With the exception of "Edge of Seventeen", "Leather and Lace", and "Stop Dragging My Heart Around", Bella Donna is rather generic and boring

4) The music of Fleetwood Mac is more interesting than the personal drama

5) Christine's voice on the pre-Penguin material is relatively difficult to listen to (although the songs themselves are fine)

6) I love Mick Fleetwood's vest solo

Last edited by WalkAThinLine.; 07-12-2023 at 09:40 AM..
Old 07-12-2023, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
1) Say You Will is better than Buckingham/McVie (both are still enjoyable listens)

2) Buckingham's Mirage songs are better than Nicks' and only slightly better than McVie's (despite the inclusion of "Oh Diane")

3) With the exception of "Edge of Seventeen", "Leather and Lace", and "Stop Dragging My Heart Around", Bella Donna is rather generic and boring

5) Christine's voice on the pre-Penguin material is relatively difficult to listen to (although the songs themselves are fine)

You're only correct on #4. As far as the rest, you're cray cray.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting points. My thoughts:

Well I choice B/M as better than SYW, just from a "what do I enjoy the most" point of view (I mean I'm not a music pro just a mortal die hard fan)

I'd say it's a tie.

3) With the exception of "Edge of Seventeen", "Leather and Lace", and "Stop Dragging My Heart Around", Bella Donna is rather generic and boring.
Can't comment cause I'm not enough fan of any solo work of FM members, so I don't usually listen whole solo albums. The only entire album I do enjoy is Out of the Craddle (and sometimes In the Meantime).

Of course! far more interesting, enjoyable, etc.! Though I agree when I read Stevie and Mick destroyed the band, the legacy, the farewell etc etc, I'm so tired of reading insults and sarcasms to those two. But I'm never saturated of listening the music of Fleetwood Mac.

5) Christine's voice on the pre-Penguin material is relatively difficult to listen to (although the songs themselves are fine).
I usually listen Rumours lineup albums so I've to review her previous songs

6) I love Mick Fleetwood's vest solo.
I liked his Tango tour performance but it's the only one I've seen, and just in video.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love this thread. I went back and I had a few comments but I never gave a list. I love when people stick to the intent of the thread. Many pages back people started giving their favorite stuff. Many unpopular opinions really were not unpopular. I am sticking to the script and here is my list. Get your tomatoes and tambourines ready to throw at me:

Say You Will is a great album

Stevie's Mirage songs are the best she has contributed other than Rumours
(notice 2 of them have no chorus just like the brilliant Sara)

Tusk and The Ledge are the worst songs on Tusk but Tusk still is a fine album

BTM has one of the best album covers in Fleetwood Mac history

The 1990 Farewell concert was better than the Dance

Street Angel and OSOTM are good albums

1991 Timespace versions of Rhiannon and Landslide are some of the best ever

Tango In The Night has the worst album cover in Fleetwood Mac history

Big Love is the worst single Fleetwood Mac ever released and is the only cheezy single they ever released.

Nights In Estoril made Time worth it and is one of Chris's best Fleetwood Mac songs

Stevie's backing vocals on Say You Love me and Go Your Own Way on the 1980 live album ruin both songs.

Oh Daddy is the best musical track the band created

Bella Donna is almost as good as Rumours

The Highwayman and Jane are fantastic songs and great album closers

Mystery To Me and Heroes Are Hard To Find are just as good as the White Album and Rumours

Lindsey is a really good singer

RAL is the worst album of any solo careers or group recordings

Only Over You is a fantastic song and one of the better songs on Mirage

World Turning is a great song but loses all of its magic in concert

Chris backing Lindsey on I'm So Afraid is better than Stevie

The 1980 Live album is one of the band's best releases

Lindsey's Oh Well is the best version of the song ever including Green

Bob Welch is responsible for making the band an American super group
Old 07-13-2023, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I like how you drew a line at poor old "Oh Diane"
Old 07-13-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love this thread. I went back and I had a few comments but I never gave a list. I love when people stick to the intent of the thread. Many pages back people started giving their favorite stuff. Many unpopular opinions really were not unpopular. I am sticking to the script and here is my list. Get your tomatoes and tambourines ready to throw at me:

Say You Will is a great album

Stevie's Mirage songs are the best she has contributed other than Rumours
(notice 2 of them have no chorus just like the brilliant Sara)

Tusk and The Ledge are the worst songs on Tusk but Tusk still is a fine album

BTM has one of the best album covers in Fleetwood Mac history

The 1990 Farewell concert was better than the Dance

Street Angel and OSOTM are good albums

1991 Timespace versions of Rhiannon and Landslide are some of the best ever

Tango In The Night has the worst album cover in Fleetwood Mac history

Big Love is the worst single Fleetwood Mac ever released and is the only cheezy single they ever released.

Nights In Estoril made Time worth it and is one of Chris's best Fleetwood Mac songs

Stevie's backing vocals on Say You Love me and Go Your Own Way on the 1980 live album ruin both songs.

Oh Daddy is the best musical track the band created

Bella Donna is almost as good as Rumours

The Highwayman and Jane are fantastic songs and great album closers

Mystery To Me and Heroes Are Hard To Find are just as good as the White Album and Rumours

Lindsey is a really good singer

RAL is the worst album of any solo careers or group recordings

Only Over You is a fantastic song and one of the better songs on Mirage

World Turning is a great song but loses all of its magic in concert

Chris backing Lindsey on I'm So Afraid is better than Stevie

The 1980 Live album is one of the band's best releases

Lindsey's Oh Well is the best version of the song ever including Green

Bob Welch is responsible for making the band an American super group
We agree on so much! I love Big love (why it was first single was a big mis step). SYW has grown on me but still not a great "Album". Love OSOTM and RAL, don't care for Street Angel. Christine's solo show WT was fantastic with Hawkins. Chili and I would disagree about LB's Oh Well. (I love it too) I don't really like NIghts in Estoril. And yes, on BWelch! He was a Welch Witch.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
We agree on so much! I love Big love (why it was first single was a big mis step). SYW has grown on me but still not a great "Album". Love OSOTM and RAL, don't care for Street Angel. Christine's solo show WT was fantastic with Hawkins. Chili and I would disagree about LB's Oh Well. (I love it too) I don't really like NIghts in Estoril. And yes, on BWelch! He was a Welch Witch.
We are the Boppsy twins.

I wonder what Greta would say..

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-13-2023 at 08:51 AM..
Old 07-13-2023, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Agree on #1 and #3. BD is so boring!
Old 07-13-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
You guys are crazy! Bella Donna is extraordinary.
Old 07-13-2023, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You guys are crazy! Bella Donna is extraordinary.
Bella Donna is a MASTERPIECE. The pinnacle of her career. Anyone who doesn't like it lacks musical taste, and I would guess embraces the synth pop fluff years, because they don't understand REAL MUSICIANS playing. "Ew, I can't dance to that!"

That said, it's amazing that this dolt pulled off a masterpiece. So I lay this all at Jimmy's feet. She should have WELDED her rusted bumper to his trailer hitch, and hung on for dear life, for the rest of her life.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-13-2023 at 09:42 AM..
Old 07-13-2023, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Bella Donna is a MASTERPIECE. The pinnacle of her career. Anyone who doesn't like it lacks musical taste, and I would guess embraces the synth pop fluff years, because they don't understand REAL MUSICIANS playing. "Ew, I can't dance to that!"

That said, it's amazing that this dolt pulled off a masterpiece. So I lay this all at Jimmy's feet. She should have WELDED her rusted bumper to his trailer hitch, and hung on for dear life, for the rest of her life.
While I'm glad we agree on Bella Donna, I'm gonna give Stevie a little more credit. Lyrically and vocally it's beautiful too. Start to finish, she shines.
Old 07-13-2023, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While I'm glad we agree on Bella Donna, I'm gonna give Stevie a little more credit. Lyrically and vocally it's beautiful too. Start to finish, she shines.
The production is what makes the album great. Yeah, she spewed some words out, and Jimmy turned them into PLATINUM.

That's what you meant to say, right? There, I fixed it for ya!
Old 07-13-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The production is what makes the album great. Yeah, she spewed some words out, and Jimmy turned them into PLATINUM.

That's what you meant to say, right? There, I fixed it for ya!
Go grow some more tomatoes and leave me alone! I'm a Nightbird in the wind. You can't catch me.
Old 07-13-2023, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Do you like any of Lindsey’s songs on SYW?

SYW’s 9 tracks are Stevie’s best solo album.