User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2004, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Merf
YAY!!

He's going to need Edwards to win the South though. The dems around here where I live are still like:

"Whatever, I ain't votin' for no damn yankee!"

So Edwards as VP could help the Dems greatly. Unfortunately, Edwards was just on CNN saying that he would not except a VP nomination. However, i have a feeling he will be changing his tune in a couple weeks. If Edwards doesn't win SC, he's going to have to start looking at that VP nod a little more closely, methinks.
You know what? Screw the South. The South sold its soul to the Republicans anyway. John Kerry is absolutely right in saying he doesn't need the South to win. The South needs a lesson.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. If John Kerry hadn't won New Hampshire, the pundits would be writing his eulogy right now. But he did as expected. That, however, doesn't mean the race is over. Dean is recovering. He still has a great chance. Edwards should pack up his nice-guy bull**** and go join the Republican Party or something. So should Lieberman. Why is he even in the Democratic Party!!???
Old 01-28-2004, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
[B]It's official:

DEAN IS DEAD.
Wishful thinking don't make it official.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
You know what? Screw the South. The South sold its soul to the Republicans anyway. John Kerry is absolutely right in saying he doesn't need the South to win. The South needs a lesson.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. If John Kerry hadn't won New Hampshire, the pundits would be writing his eulogy right now. But he did as expected. That, however, doesn't mean the race is over. Dean is recovering. He still has a great chance. Edwards should pack up his nice-guy bull**** and go join the Republican Party or something. So should Lieberman. Why is he even in the Democratic Party!!???
What happened to being delicate

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-28-2004, 11:57 AM

Uhm.... I had a minor relapse. Though, consider it from this angle: It gets positively tiring to hear how the South is so all-important in these elections. But that's old thinking. The Democratic Party needs to move on, and set its sights on other demographies, as I've explained before. I have nothing personally against the South, and in fact have enjoyed myself immensely when visiting, but The South ain't a make-or-break region for a Democratic candidate. Or it doesn't have to be.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Wishful thinking don't make it official.
Just wait until next Tuesday!

He will never get the nomination. The Democrats will never put him up against Bush, it would be illogical, IMO.

Old 01-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Merf
YAY!!

He's going to need Edwards to win the South though. The dems around here where I live are still like:

"Whatever, I ain't votin' for no damn yankee!"

So Edwards as VP could help the Dems greatly. Unfortunately, Edwards was just on CNN saying that he would not except a VP nomination. However, i have a feeling he will be changing his tune in a couple weeks. If Edwards doesn't win SC, he's going to have to start looking at that VP nod a little more closely, methinks.
I love Edwards and I hope they do consider him for VP. Every time I see him he is smiling. I love his positive message. We need it.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GypsySorcerer
I never understood the whole Bill O'Reilly is a conservative thing. He is conservative on some issues, but he's more liberal on others. Dan Rather lets his liberal leanings show through sometimes too. Oh, well. Journalists are only human, like everyone else. It's impossible to achieve true objectivity.
Dan Rather is an old school conservative.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Just wait until next Tuesday!

He will never get the nomination. The Democrats will never put him up against Bush, it would be illogical, IMO.
Agreed. Although I will say that his speech last night was the best I've ever seen him. I'm not willing to go through another four years of on the job training for a president though.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Agreed. Although I will say that his speech last night was the best I've ever seen him. I'm not willing to go through another four years of on the job training for a president though.
AMEN!

Old 01-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Edwards and I hope they do consider him for VP. Every time I see him he is smiling. I love his positive message. We need it.
Yeah, well, I'm still not convinced that he didn't have anything to do with that memo to his supporters; it seems fishy to me. And I love how the whole thing got swept under the rug and barely made national news.

Old 01-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dan Rather is an old school conservative.
He was practically salivating when he interviewed Toby Keith.

Old 01-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He was practically salivating when he interviewed Toby Keith.
Really? I thought Rather was trying to bully him into a corner. And on election night 2000, he looked like he was about to vomit every time he said Bush took a state. (As I'm sure many in this country were.) He just always seemed liberal to me.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? I thought Rather was trying to bully him into a corner. And on election night 2000, he looked like he was about to vomit every time he said Bush took a state. (As I'm sure many in this country were.) He just always seemed liberal to me.
He's conservative, but even conservatives felt like vomitting over Bush. He's a slimeball and most people can see through it lately.

Old 01-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He's conservative, but even conservatives felt like vomitting over Bush. He's a slimeball and most people can see through it lately.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think perhaps it's personal. Remember his shouting match with Bush Senior during an interview years ago? Perhaps those old feelings are visited on the son.
Rather does have a temper. I remember he walked off the set once when his news program was pre-empted by the US Open (tennis) & left CBS with blank air in his protest.

- Jake