The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm very skeptical of all the rumors surrounding Buckingham either leaving the band or possibly being fired, or the ultimatum from Stevie. At this stage of the game it just doesn't make sense. I personally hope it is all just made up nonsense.
I've seen the band on every tour since 1982 through all the line ups including the short lived "Time" era band. When Christine returned to the band I couldn't be happier, sort of felt like the Dance era again. This is the way I want to remember the band should they decide to call it a day and hang up the instruments. End it on a high note. For your last tour, or farewell tour, to be with a replacement guitarist makes no sense to me and I would prefer to stay home rather than dish out cash to see a new band member taking a legends spot, no matter if they are well known or not.
I was so looking forward to this 2018 tour but feel uncomfortable should any of the speculation end up being true.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike Campbell’s ex wife’s second cousin twice removed confirmed to someone via a now removed sub tweet that Stevie’s ultimatum was that Fleetwood Mac must record a new album prior to touring because she has so many songs that she has not been able to release over the last four years and the world deserves one last kick ass Mac album! Lindsey was adamant that records don’t make money, but everyone knows he just doesn’t have any good material anymore! So he chose to not record with them and they fired him and hit the studio and the new album titled “And the Band Played On...” comes out June 6, 2018.

In all seriousness though, this whole thing has gotten cray cray with no reliable sources (Billy Burnette’s cryptic posts that seem to be deleted and someone claiming to be Tom Petty’s official photographer??). My guess is this is all a load of BS, but we shall see... Regardless of what happens, I will still go see any of them play here in Austin.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Can Benmont come too?
Old 04-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
If this is over scheduling solo gigs along with the Mac tour, its outrageous the way Lindsey is being treated. First mistake, NEVER sign and be contractually obligated for a tour 2 years away. That's just dumb.
The band totally caters to Stevie's plans and tours. If Christine or Stevie did this, there would not be any speculation of replacing either of them for a tour. Why is Lindsey treated different and collateral damage?
1987 Lindsey shelved his solo album to bring Mick out of bankruptcy for Tango
2013 Lindsey agreed to another back to back world tour to welcome back Christine
2016/17 Lindsey tired of waiting for Stevie to join them records with Christine and does a tour
2018 Lindsey asks for a little time to promote his solo album? And the band goes on without him? Replace him?
Give me a break. If any of this is true, its obscene

Well let's be accurate. Stevie didn't necessarily want to do the 2013 back to back tour after Christine returned but she did it as well. Chris's return threw a monkey wrench in a number of people's plans.

That said, your overall point that he has certainly changed/given up many of his plans to accommodate the band is spot on. Stevie also has, but she has most definitely not been the only one to do so. It's part of being in a band-- you don't always get what you want.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is a paycheck member at this point. Why would she get THAT upset about the delay of a tour she probably wasn’t much looking forward to in the first place?

Then again, pettiness and drama knows no bounds in the FM realm.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Mike Campbell’s ex wife’s second cousin twice removed confirmed to someone via a now removed sub tweet that Stevie’s ultimatum was that Fleetwood Mac must record a new album prior to touring because she has so many songs that she has not been able to release over the last four years and the world deserves one last kick ass Mac album! Lindsey was adamant that records don’t make money, but everyone knows he just doesn’t have any good material anymore! So he chose to not record with them and they fired him and hit the studio and the new album titled “And the Band Played On...” comes out June 6, 2018.

In all seriousness though, this whole thing has gotten cray cray with no reliable sources (Billy Burnette’s cryptic posts that seem to be deleted and someone claiming to be Tom Petty’s official photographer??). My guess is this is all a load of BS, but we shall see... Regardless of what happens, I will still go see any of them play here in Austin.
Even crazier is how likely it actually is that Stevie would say something like that.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mike Campbell?

Mike Campbell wants to play a set of Fleetwood Mac every night for a year?

Hooboy.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Does this mean no Buckingham/Nicks II release?
Old 04-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My dream would be for them to tour behind a great new album, whether it be a farewell tour or not, although we pretty much know that is very unlikely.

If it ends up being a greatest hits type farewell tour with the 5 current members I'm all in and would most likely go to multiple dates and look forward to it greatly.

As much as I like the Heartbreakers, I'm not interested in the addition of a new member and think Fleetwood Mac should work through any differences and keep their legacy intact, even if that means no new tour.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
The most recent Joe Compton post on the MC fan page on fb seems to have been removed.
It's there and Joe has been commenting today.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
It's there and Joe has been commenting today.
I don't know if I would take this Joe person's comments for truth lol if you look him up he doesn't seem like he's actually connected to anyone besides having taken some pictures. Probably just following the rumors. It's other 'sources' that have me concerned.
But even then, like said, this could all be just a rumor that got started from some weird posts and weirdo old fans on Facebook letting it grow.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 04-08-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't know if I would take this Joe person's comments for truth lol if you look him up he doesn't seem like he's actually connected to anyone besides having taken some pictures. Probably just following the rumors. It's other 'sources' that have me concerned.
But even then, like said, this could all be just a rumor that got started from some weird posts and weirdo old fans on Facebook letting it grow.
I would disagree its a weird post. Mick's friend for the last 40 years, musician in Mick's Zoo and Fleetwood Mac tweets:

Billy Burnette

@Billy_Burnette
Apr 4

More
Dreams has re-entered the billboard charts at #14. Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out!
New line up to be announced soon and I'm not in it????? A little pissed off but I'll get over it. Good luck FLEETWOOD MAC

Its a very specific post coming from someone very close to Mick and the band.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would disagree its a weird post. Mick's friend for the last 40 years, musician in Mick's Zoo and Fleetwood Mac tweets:

Billy Burnette

@Billy_Burnette
Apr 4

More
Dreams has re-entered the billboard charts at #14. Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out!
New line up to be announced soon and I'm not in it????? A little pissed off but I'll get over it. Good luck FLEETWOOD MAC

I mean who even knows? Maybe Billy heard things but can anyone really call him a reliable source of information?
And just about everyone else talking is someone who knows someone who knows someone on a bike who said this etc.
I did read things that seemed plausible but it's all really sketchy in general.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I certainly hope you're right.

ETA: this photographer who knows Campbell and has taken some photos for Petty... He may know his stuff with regard to what is happening now (although I hope he doesn't) but I went back and read his posts on that fan group. He is trashing Lindsey by saying he has insider sources who say Lindsey is awful to work with and all this other stuff. He eats up everyone eagerly asking for his insider knowledge, which he's happy to provide. He's also getting really pissed off when people dare question him. He's coming off as a lame pseudo-insider trying to feel like a big man by going to a fan page where he will get "oohs" and "aahs" for any "scoops" he shares. I don't think he knows half as much about Lindsey as he pretends.

That doesn't mean this isn't true; he is just the type to come running to a fan page to share something he heard in order to look important. It just means he's not as high up on the food chain as I first thought, that he likely did not hear this firsthand from Campbell or even secondhand, and that we should take that into consideration.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-08-2018 at 04:20 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Billy Burnette

@Billy_Burnette
Apr 4

More

I'm with you....I don't see how it's a weird post nor in any way how he's referencing his book and the events of Lindsey's 1987 departure from the band. His post (the tweet of this still exists) ends with "it's all in the book" and by looking at his Twitter feed, he's ending everything he posts with that, likely in order to push anyone who sees the tweet to buy his book.

The guy is either making stuff up in what has to be the most ridiculous fake news about Fleetwood Mac since the fake band toured under their name 45 years ago, or he knows something is going on for a fact.