The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Lindsey and Christine Together. Hot? Or not?
HOT, HOT, VERY HOT! 18 51.43%
Uh uh...no way. 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Isn't this thread greatly offensive to Lindsey's wife??

What do his kids think about this??

Shouldn't we stop discussing anything about Lindsey with Christine because his children may accidentally stumble upon it during an internet search??

Isn't there tons of evidence that supports the fact that Lindsey is only associated with Christine due to the financial benefits for both of them??

Frankly, it's obvious any chemistry Lindsey has with Christine McVie is all just an act.
but, you do know that most of the arguments you put out with the exception of the last one seem to be usually brought up by shippers, not the other way around? just glance through that intimacy thread.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:

Shouldn't we stop discussing anything about Lindsey with Christine because his children may accidentally stumble upon it during an internet search??

Isn't there tons of evidence that supports the fact that Lindsey is only associated with Christine due to the financial benefits for both of them??

Frankly, it's obvious any chemistry Lindsey has with Christine McVie is all just an act.
She hid out 15 yrs to keep it a secret! BUT NOBODY WALKS AWAY FROM THIS BATTLE!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Finally some good threads over here!!! (just joking)...
you can always count on buckheads!

Quote:
I could see him respecting her more than Stevie and Carol etc... And I could see Christine getting a bit more romantic with him. Nothing better than seeing (Buckingham/McVie) after a tune.

and than there's this - newly unearthed exhibit A (in her own words, Christine's little ode to gorgeous Lindsey):

"Over My Head"

You can take me to paradise,
And then again you can be cold as ice
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice.

You can take me anytime you like,
I'll be around if you think you might love me baby,
And hold me tight.

Your mood is like a circus wheel,
You're changing all the time,
Sometimes I can't help but feel,
That I'm wasting all of my time.

Think I'm looking on the dark side,
But everyday you hurt my pride,
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice,
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice.

do i think Christine has any romantic aspirations on him now? definitely not. doesn't mean she can't still think he's hot and obviously doesn't mind expressing that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She hid out 15 yrs to keep it a secret! BUT NOBODY WALKS AWAY FROM THIS BATTLE!!!
ah, finally we know the real reason for those 15 years and burned bridges

Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BUT NOBODY WALKS AWAY FROM THIS BATTLE!!!
Oh, yeah they do.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Oh, yeah they do.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm just glad no one is posting that when they went to a hotel bar after the show some roadie -- with the utmost integrity and reliability -- told them they saw Christine and Lindsey having sex on a subwoofer.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm just glad no one is posting that when they went to a hotel bar after the show some roadie -- with the utmost integrity and reliability -- told them they saw Christine and Lindsey having sex on a subwoofer.

Michele
Actually, THAT may be the line of the day
Old 01-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh I see what you did there. For the record, I think it's possible LB and CM had something going on, only because this was FM and didn't one of them say that they all slept together except for two of the guys (I'm not prepared here CAD I can't even remember the quote).

What makes me sort of "ship" the idea of CM and LB is how fantastic their musical chemistry is. It's perfection. I love the way their voices wrap around each other and the fact that she is an astute musician with a penchant for pop songs, much like LB. Yet she has that calm grace going and Lindsey...well, he's just the opposite on stage. It just seems...hot.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Oh I see what you did there. For the record, I think it's possible LB and CM had something going on, only because this was FM and didn't one of them say that they all slept together except for two of the guys
John said that.

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine did say OMH was about Linds... so in my mind they definitely slept together. I do believe that they did sleep around with each other but I don't think it was like musical beds "Who's turn is it next". I think there was some passion and maybe some love occasionally but I think for the most of it, it was just harmless.
I ship Buckingham Nicks just as much as the next shipper, but I could see McVie Buckingham being a cute couple... or should i say Perfect I guess
But I can see why nothing really went on because I don't think Chris tolerates anyones bull****. She doesn't take crap from anyone and I respect her for that
Old 01-04-2014, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewingdove View Post
She doesn't take crap from anyone and I respect her for that
Except Dennis and Eddy if the rumors are true. And she seems to have put up with a lot from John for years, until finally making the break. She's really not that strong-willed when it comes to her romantic life, based on the relationships that we know about.

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
John said that.

Michele
Thanks Michele. Yeah...I knew it was either him or Mick. Anyways, yep, I stick with my theory that there was some hanky panky with the CM/LB.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you can always count on buckheads!

and than there's this - newly unearthed exhibit A (in her own words, Christine's little ode to gorgeous Lindsey):

"Over My Head"

You can take me to paradise,
And then again you can be cold as ice

I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice.

You can take me anytime you like,
I'll be around if you think you might love me baby,
And hold me tight.

Your mood is like a circus wheel,
You're changing all the time,

Sometimes I can't help but feel,
That I'm wasting all of my time.

Think I'm looking on the dark side,
But everyday you hurt my pride,
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice,
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice.

do i think Christine has any romantic aspirations on him now? definitely not. doesn't mean she can't still think he's hot and obviously doesn't mind expressing that.

Well she's certainly writing about his moodiness. Whether she just took his general crankiness to everyone and wove it into a fictional story, or whether he was nice to her sometimes and the dick many think he was/is other times is an interesting thought. Even if the romance never actually happened, maybe she found his moodiness and condescending attitude challenging to work with sometimes.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well she's certainly writing about his moodiness. Whether she just took his general crankiness to everyone and wove it into a fictional story, or whether he was nice to her sometimes and the dick many think he was/is other times is an interesting thought. Even if the romance never actually happened, maybe she found his moodiness and condescending attitude challenging to work with sometimes.
from what she said in the same interview, he was abrasive and hard to have a conversation with in social situations - unlike now, when he's just lovely. but she said workwise / musically, she and him had great chemistry and got along great.