User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I'm also pleased to hear that he talked about his parts in Dreams. That's a good topic, how he approaches Stevie's or Chris's work, rather than the usual "what was it like making Rumours?".
Yes, I do like that idea. I've already heard him discuss Dreams, but there are definitely other songs of theirs that I would like to hear him speak about and the others as well.

What do they remember about working on each other's songs? Perhaps it's because we get that angle so rarely, I find it almost more interesting than what they say about their own songs and wish other albums got the introspection that Rumours does.

Michele
Old 11-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I do like that idea. I've already heard him discuss Dreams, but there are definitely other songs of theirs that I would like to hear him speak about and the others as well.

What do they remember about working on each other's songs? Perhaps it's because we get that angle so rarely, I find it almost more interesting than what they say about their own songs and wish other albums got the introspection that Rumours does.

Michele
exactly!!
Old 11-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't subscribe to Sky Arts, and I've asked around and I don't know anyone that does. I was hopeful my brother could help as he's a wizz with computers but he stopped his Sky subscription a while back. He did say that it should be possible to record it from watching it on the internet....Anyone in the UK can you please help???
Old 11-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, let's see what we get on the 11th. We might all have access then.

Michele
Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

UK/Ire folks - enjoy and tell us what's in the snippet:

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/talks-mus...uckingham-clip

Talks Music
ShareNext on (S1/E1): Sky Arts 1 HD Mon 11 Nov, 4:00pm

Video: Lindsey Buckingham Talks Rumours

In this exclusive clip from Talks Music, Fleetwood Mac guitarist talks to Talks Music's Malcolm Gerrie about his overnight success with the record-breaking album, Rumours.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

From a blog an audience member wrote - very short but nice.

http://sarahclass.com/tv-interview-w...ey-buckingham/

TV Interview with Lindsey Buckingham
September 26th, 2013

This week I was excited to be invited to come along to the TV recording of Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. I was one of a few people who was asked if I wanted to ask him a question! err of course I said yes!! He played many well known tracks from Fleetwood Mac on his acoustic guitar. The audience loved him and his playing was brilliant and totally captivating! I asked him what his all time personal favourite track was and why. On the question of why, he did refer to an earlier discussion about Tusk, the album which came after Rumours, but also Seeds We Sow. Although I wasn’t sure if he was talking about the title track to that album or the whole album. There were also nostalgic video clips of early performances with Stevie Nicks which were amazing. It was an electric experience!

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
From a blog an audience member wrote - very short but nice.

http://sarahclass.com/tv-interview-w...ey-buckingham/

TV Interview with Lindsey Buckingham
September 26th, 2013

This week I was excited to be invited to come along to the TV recording of Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. I was one of a few people who was asked if I wanted to ask him a question! err of course I said yes!! He played many well known tracks from Fleetwood Mac on his acoustic guitar. The audience loved him and his playing was brilliant and totally captivating! I asked him what his all time personal favourite track was and why. On the question of why, he did refer to an earlier discussion about Tusk, the album which came after Rumours, but also Seeds We Sow. Although I wasn’t sure if he was talking about the title track to that album or the whole album. There were also nostalgic video clips of early performances with Stevie Nicks which were amazing. It was an electric experience!
Awww, Seeds We Sow. It makes me happy that he talked about it, whether it was the song, or the album. I adore both <333

Thank you for sharing this!!
Old 11-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When the host was on a news show talking about the show, this is what he said of Lindsey:

I think there cannot be comparisons. We are very spoiled in terms of the guests we have heard, some huge names, brilliant musicians, Lindsey Buckingham is on tomorrow, he does a version of Big Love, really extraordinary, hairs on the back of the neck.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
UK/Ire folks - enjoy and tell us what's in the snippet:

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/talks-mus...uckingham-clip

Talks Music
ShareNext on (S1/E1): Sky Arts 1 HD Mon 11 Nov, 4:00pm

Video: Lindsey Buckingham Talks Rumours

In this exclusive clip from Talks Music, Fleetwood Mac guitarist talks to Talks Music's Malcolm Gerrie about his overnight success with the record-breaking album, Rumours.
Thanks for posting this - I only just realised I could watch it! I thought I'd have to be a Sky subscriber.

Its very short, about a minute, and they are talking about the phenomenal success of Rumours. Lindsey is saying that no one could foresee just how successful that album was going to be, that it was insane how long it stayed at the top of the charts, and it was a lot to take in for a 27 year old.

Now I'm just hoping someone gets the whole programme onto YouTube
Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Thanks for posting this - I only just realised I could watch it! I thought I'd have to be a Sky subscriber.

Its very short, about a minute, and they are talking about the phenomenal success of Rumours. Lindsey is saying that no one could foresee just how successful that album was going to be, that it was insane how long it stayed at the top of the charts, and it was a lot to take in for a 27 year old.

Now I'm just hoping someone gets the whole programme onto YouTube
no problem, thanks for reporting back!

hopefully someone manages to get it on youtube; it's about to start.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Junior Ledgie

Lovely show, I wish it was a little longer and we could have seen the interview dealve into the other FM Albums and his solo work.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkCollins View Post
Lovely show, I wish it was a little longer and we could have seen the interview dealve into the other FM Albums and his solo work.
yeah all the reports i'm getting are saying there were the same old questions so he just gave the same old answers... as Madness also reported few days ago. and the only good parts were bits of songs he did but all of them except Big Love were just bits (the chain, dreams, landslide, bleed to love her). apparently q&a audience went to great length introducing themselves as musicians only to ask him about decades old relationships, no musical questions, no interesting solo work questions or anything after Tusk really in the whole interview. too bad. but still wish to see it really bad! apparently deconstructing Dreams was interesting and Stephanie was a bit different than during OMS, warmer.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
apparently q&a audience went to great length introducing themselves as musicians only to ask him about decades old relationships, no musical questions, no interesting solo work questions or anything after Tusk really in the whole interview.
That is so stupid. I have to wonder if those people were really musicians at all or, if they were, did someone tell them what questions to ask. I can't think of any guitar enthusiasts who would really ask him: "Back in 1893 how did it feel working with Stevie after you two had already broken up?"

Lindsey: Well, you compartmentalize ...

Michele
Old 11-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lyndsey Buckingham Talks Music, Sky Arts One
AOR craftsman on how he sprinkled fairy dust over Fleetwood Mac's songs
by Russ CoffeyMonday, 11 November 2013

Sometimes TV doesn’t need to be “challenging” or “groundbreaking” to be thoroughly worthwhile. The first episode of Sky Arts new “…talks music” series saw the familar format of a live, seated interview applied to one of pop music’s highest achievers: Lyndsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. TV producer, Malcolm Gerrie led proceedings in an attractive theatre in front of an audience of students. Most memorable were some blistering live demonstrations of Buckingham’s craft.

Gerrie’s interview style may have been a little more One Show than Parkinson but still he kept the singer/guitarist well at ease. The ever-youthful 64-year-old fizzed and buzzed through his trip down memory lane. First, we learnt how he met Stephanie “Stevie” Nicks at high school when he was a music geek in the junior year, and she a feisty free spirit in the year above. The two met again a couple of years later and a romantic and musical union blossomed. After joining Buckingham's college band, the two then split to form Buckingham-Nicks.The singer's description of moving down to LA and scoring a record deal after six months conjured up images of palm trees and wide-eyed hope. Then, after hearing how Mick Fleetwood hired them almost on a whim, one imagined wild stories of Fleetwood Mac’s legendary excess to be just around the corner.

In the end, however, we didn’t get much gossip - at least not directly. Buckingham told us in broad terms how the studio during the recording of Rumours consisted of two pairs of feuding exes and a whole lot of drugs. But, for all the dirt he didn't spill about the personal dynamics, his manner and expression gave a vivid sense of the tension. Moreover, his dissection on the nuts and bolts of the album revealed the barbed subtexts to the words. Gerrie’s cue card then prompted a question on how the band survived the emotional and physical turmoil of this period. Buckingham’s reply was “youthful resilience”.

That still didn’t explain why he now look healthier than the others. Maybe it is just genetic? Buckingham’s healthy tan and cheerful philosophising certainy seemed like the product of alpha genes. Also his Californian manners betrayed no sense of the volatilite and difficult nature some have accused him of. Instead the impression he gave was of a well-centred man of huge natural talent - a craftsman whose forte is arranging and completing half-finished ideas. The various demonstrations he gave on an acoustic guitar prompted open-mouthed expressions of awe from the young audience. His rendition of "Big Love" was stunning.

Of course, after Rumours, the only way was down. When given the job of producing the follow-up, Tusk, Buckingham said he didn’t think it was worth even trying to compete with what had gone before. In a series of mischievous understatements he described how, despite the album being a creative success, the others took against him for his role in making it a, relative, commercial flop.

So, he then decided to look to solo albums for his personal expression. He called his own stuff the “small machine”, where instead of “bringing a script to the actors” he was able to “splash paint on canvass like an abstract artist”. At the end Gerrie asked Buckingham what his favourite Fleetwood Mac album was. The response was, predictably, Tusk. Unsurprisingly for such a thoroughly well-mannered chap, when then asked about his greatest achievement he said it was his children. Edgy stuff this series may not be but with the right guests – Tony Bennett next up looks promising – expect it to provide reliably fascinating chat that focuses on the music.

http://www.theartsdesk.com/tv/lyndse...c-sky-arts-one
Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Things I heard:

Stevie suggested the name "Stephanie" for his instrumental and he said "Yes, dear."

Also, he apparently has explained to Stevie in the plane this tour (lol) that he didn't mean in NGBA never going back to her.

And "Oh Diane" was played at his mother's funeral.