User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Jamie... I swear on my life, I was just telling Elle about 30 min ago, that you have been gone for a bit. I summoned you!! lol
Ha! Yeah, you and Lindsey summoned me! No, I've been busy with getting a new job and the transitioning that goes with that. Figured I'd check in here though for a change of pace.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Stevie won't write or perform new songs with them, so why bother keeping her on?
Money.

She’s an arena rocker on her own, LBCM only sold about half to two-thirds mid-sized venues. But, then, she’s the only one without significant gaps between tours.

Quote:
Actually, there is one thing I'd recommend. If BuckVie 2 can't happen, then Mick, Christine, John, and the rest of Mick's Maui blues outfit could record something...
The Fleetwood-McVie Blues Band w/ Rick Vito. I’d love it.

Quote:
And we all know at the end of the day, that album and tour bugged the crap out of her.
Or it emboldened her. Look at the success of her tour compared to theirs.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing her play keyboards and piano for more than a few seconds.
Exactly why I’ve enjoyed the current Mac tour. Christine has a few solos, and there is a lot more spontaneity in their performances.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
He has his own dignity to lose. He's basically calling Stevie a loser. That reflects far worse on him than it does on her.
Well he's known Stevie for what? 50 years? In his mind he knows her, and knows her well. He probably thinks he's calling a spade a spade. And from the sounds of that particular comment he made about comparing their vitality, he probably knows how to provoke Stevie into a response. The reality is, none of them are angels, and they've all made mistakes. I feel this whole thing doesn't reflect nearly as poorly on Lindsey as it does the rest of the band.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Or it emboldened her. Look at the success of her tour compared to theirs.
First time tour of that combo, I thought it was pretty respectable. You like apples and oranges, as of late.

Having said that, I wish her success would leave us with the four. But, she needs FMac for her ego. Apparently, her solo didn't "embolden" as much as I would have liked. Unless, she wanted to record with the other 4.

Quote:
Exactly why I’ve enjoyed the current Mac tour. Christine has a few solos, and there is a lot more spontaneity in their performances.
I look forward to this. I may go this Saturday. I will give you an honest review.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First time tour of that combo, I thought it was pretty respectable. You like apples and oranges, as of late.
I absolutely get that. It’s all in the brand, and Stevie has worked hard and consistently at building her own viable brand independent of Fleetwood Mac. If LBCM had been called Fleetwood Mac and they had toured with another major artist, I have no doubt it would have been on par or more successful as Stevie’s.

But, the reality is what it is.
Quote:
I look forward to this. I may go this Saturday. I will give you an honest review.
I look forward to it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I absolutely get that. It’s all in the brand, and Stevie has worked hard and consistently at building her own viable brand independent of Fleetwood Mac. If LBCM had been called Fleetwood Mac and they had toured with another major artist, I have no doubt it would have been on par or more successful as Stevie’s.

But, the reality is what it is.

I look forward to it.
In the meantime, stop being a silver girl.

Ok, I'm done being a weirdo..
Old 12-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I feel this whole thing doesn't reflect nearly as poorly on Lindsey as it does the rest of the band.
100%
------
Old 12-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
While I do believe that Stevie wanted Lindsey gone well before Musiccares and the death of TP impacted her decision, I am quite sure Azoff and Mick didn't want Lindsey gone until it was clear it was the only way to keep Stevie. Fleetwood Mac is a large theater act without Stevie, not an arena act. Even so, Azoff knew that any change to the Rumours 5 would damage the brand and reduce some of the drawing power. He would be negligent if he advised anything else and if he did he certainly did not serve the best interest of his clients. Remember Lindsey was his client individually and he has a fiduciary and legal responsibility to him. Lindsey and Stevie were both individually represented by Azoff. Mick, John, and Christine were not. Oh the tangle web we weave...

I am 101% sure that the Classic East / West comments had 0.0 to do with his ouster.

I am also now equally sure that these 2018-2019 dates will be the only performances for this version of the band. Sorry, Steve...I know you prefer it to the Rumours 5 line up.
Agreed 101%!

Old 12-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While I do believe that Stevie wanted Lindsey gone well before Musiccares and the death of TP impacted her decision, I am quite sure Azoff and Mick didn't want Lindsey gone until it was clear it was the only way to keep Stevie. Fleetwood Mac is a large theater act without Stevie, not an arena act. Even so, Azoff knew that any change to the Rumours 5 would damage the brand and reduce some of the drawing power. He would be negligent if he advised anything else and if he did he certainly did not serve the best interest of his clients. Remember Lindsey was his client individually and he has a fiduciary and legal responsibility to him. Lindsey and Stevie were both individually represented by Azoff. Mick, John, and Christine were not. Oh the tangle web we weave...

I am 101% sure that the Classic East / West comments had 0.0 to do with his ouster.

I am also now equally sure that these 2018-2019 dates will be the only performances for this version of the band. Sorry, Steve...I know you prefer it to the Rumours 5 line up.
not necessarily - we have no idea whether or not they are - it was never tried. but it's certainly riskier without her than without one of the other 4. Fleetwood Mac is a brand name that sells. bucket list item to put a notch on someone's belt. many couldn't care less who is in the band. just fans like people on these boards care for one or the other or several members - or all 5. Buckingham McVie who nobody heard off were mostly filling sheds in summer 2017 so why would Fleetwood Mac brand name fill less?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Replacements at this stage of the game--no matter what their pedigree--are laughable, or weep-worthy--your choice.
Fleetwood Mac is a megalith. It doesn't matter who's in the group if all they're going to do is play sports arenas and build the set around the white album and Rumours.

Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Landslide, I'm So Afraid, Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, The Chain, You Make Loving Fun, Gold Dust Woman. How many more solid-gold tours of this music does one need? I ran out of steam awhile back. When you're hearing Rhiannon for the millionth time, who cares who's playing the signature guitar lick? It could be Rudy Vallee for all I care. Being subjected to Rhiannon or Don't Stop again is like being forced to watch the 300th installment in the superhero movie franchise. Who TF could possibly care? Only the very young, I suppose, or the very new to the band's shtick.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 12-11-2018 at 06:29 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac is a large theater act without Stevie, not an arena act. Even so, Azoff knew that any change to the Rumours 5 would damage the brand and reduce some of the drawing power. He would be negligent if he advised anything else and if he did he certainly did not serve the best interest of his clients.
Or, he was like “Hey, did you see what I did with the Eagles? Just get a big enough name and most people won’t care…”

Quote:
Remember Lindsey was his client individually and he has a fiduciary and legal responsibility to him. Lindsey and Stevie were both individually represented by Azoff. Mick, John, and Christine were not. Oh the tangle web we weave...
So Lindsey could sue him? Bet that scared the crap out of Azoff.

Also, when did Azoff start representing Stevie?

Quote:
Glad you’re so certain. But, you have to admit Lindsey has been talking a lot about Azoff, and it’s not necessarily favorable.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you have to admit Lindsey has been talking a lot about Azoff, and it’s not necessarily favorable.
he screwed him over. and over and over. how hard is that to comprehend?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he screwed him over. and over and over. how hard is that to comprehend?
It isn’t. Nor is what I think might explain why.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-12-2018, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Fleetwood Mac is a megalith. It doesn't matter who's in the group if all they're going to do is play sports arenas and build the set around the white album and Rumours.

Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Landslide, I'm So Afraid, Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, The Chain, You Make Loving Fun, Gold Dust Woman. How many more solid-gold tours of this music does one need? I ran out of steam awhile back. When you're hearing Rhiannon for the millionth time, who cares who's playing the signature guitar lick? It could be Rudy Vallee for all I care. Being subjected to Rhiannon or Don't Stop again is like being forced to watch the 300th installment in the superhero movie franchise. Who TF could possibly care? Only the very young, I suppose, or the very new to the band's shtick.
Point taken.

And I don’t disagree with the criticism of the band’s same ole hits approach. I would have loved new music—but not by people who were hired to play covers.