The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who is your favorite female member of Fleetwood Mac?
Stevie Nicks 39 58.21%
Christine McVie 22 32.84%
Bekka Bramlett 3 4.48%
I can't decide/I have no preference 1 1.49%
Can I vote for Lindsey? He has a girls' name and sounds like one too 0 0%
Screw the ladies of the Mac, I wanna vote for a different rocker chick 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Wow...erm. Inside voice maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Lmfao ^ Stevie needs to put more a** in her songs, Rob, what?? Lololol
Jilly, I think Bobby meant that she needs to cover Bootylicious one of these days, since it did sample Edge of 17

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Jilly, I think Bobby meant that she needs to cover Bootylicious one of these days, since it did sample Edge of 17
If Ms. Nicks ever covers Bootyliscious I shall be forced to lead a posse of Ledgies to her home, take her out back and put her out of her misery, Old Yeller style.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will never hear the end of this!!!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Ms. Nicks ever covers Bootyliscious I shall be forced to lead a posse of Ledgies to her home, take her out back and put her out of her misery, Old Yeller style.

Now imagine if Nicksy were to rap and cover a song that, back in high school, I probably did the dance that came with it at either my junior or senior banquet (believe me, I have some stories from those). Now there, I think she'd be put out of her misery AND permanently banished from the Church of Rock n' Roll

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ohh my, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post

Now imagine if Nicksy were to rap and cover a song that, back in high school, I probably did the dance that came with it at either my junior or senior banquet (believe me, I have some stories from those). Now there, I think she'd be put out of her misery AND permanently banished from the Church of Rock n' Roll

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I don't give a flying F*** if I was the only person to buy Time, go see them in '94 in concert, and how long or how many songs she recorded or when. She's my favorite. All you Bekka-bashers can go to hell...directly, do not pass "go".
Yeah, but you don't really like Bekka... and I'm totally gonna call you on it . I never hear you explain how her voice changed your life, or how her Fleetwood Mac contributions changed the world. I've never even heard you say a single Bekka song you enjoy, and I've been around you on various message boards for over a decade. You just root for Bekka because it ruffles the skirts of the Nicks fans, and because you resent the fact that the Rumours incarnation of the band eclipses all of the other ones. How can someone who recorded 3 songs in Fleetwood Mac be the premier member? It just makes no sense. And I don't think Bekka's 3 songs are bad at all... they just warrant no special attention, in my book. To each their own when it comes to taste and opinions. But it's my opinion that you're not even 1/4 of the Time fan you profess to be.

For what it's worth, I listened to Time several times today, as I have quite a few times in the past. It's not a bad album at all... but it's just doesn't jump out of the speakers, either. And also for what it's worth, I saw the Time tour as well... so I have the goods to back up my opinions. I have the album, and saw the tour. And the whole kit and kaboodle is a footnote in Mac history, at best.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
All you Bekka-bashers can go to hell...directly, do not pass "go".
I'll see you there, then

Old 12-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Yeah, but you don't really like Bekka... and I'm totally gonna call you on it . I never hear you explain how her voice changed your life, or how her Fleetwood Mac contributions changed the world. I've never even heard you say a single Bekka song you enjoy, and I've been around you on various message boards for over a decade. You just root for Bekka because it ruffles the skirts of the Nicks fans, and because you resent the fact that the Rumours incarnation of the band eclipses all of the other ones. How can someone who recorded 3 songs in Fleetwood Mac be the premier member? It just makes no sense. And I don't think Bekka's 3 songs are bad at all... they just warrant no special attention, in my book. To each their own when it comes to taste and opinions. But it's my opinion that you're not even 1/4 of the Time fan you profess to be.

For what it's worth, I listened to Time several times today, as I have quite a few times in the past. It's not a bad album at all... but it's just doesn't jump out of the speakers, either. And also for what it's worth, I saw the Time tour as well... so I have the goods to back up my opinions. I have the album, and saw the tour. And the whole kit and kaboodle is a footnote in Mac history, at best.

I never said Bekka's "the premier member" (actually, that spot is reserved for Peter Green...and Peter Green only)...I said she's my favorite of the Fleetwood Mac female singers. Never said I DIDN'T like Stevie or Christine, now did I?

No, I only listened to Time about 4,000 times and re-ordered the songs on my playlist 3,999 times until I got it to sound more cohesive than the seemingly randomly ordered crap that Mick & Richard Dashut let hit the streets. I actually WORKED the album til it made sense in my own head. (did the same with the mind-boggling trash that was Tusk, too...made it to sound good to my ears after completely immersing myself in it for months on end) Yeah, I know Time is the least popular and most hated album in Fleetwood Mac's catalogue, but I love it...like John loved Yoko. Look at all the **** he had to take when he dumped the Bardot lookalike Cynthia (Rumours)and took up with Yoko...Yoko & Time have a lot in common. Maybe some crazed Stevie Nicks fan will accost me in front of MY house and gun me down for my preference of Bekka over Stevie...so be it. That'll be my legacy.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never said Bekka's "the premier member" (actually, that spot is reserved for Peter Green...and Peter Green only)...I said she's my favorite of the Fleetwood Mac female singers. Never said I DIDN'T like Stevie or Christine, now did I?

No, I only listened to Time about 4,000 times and re-ordered the songs on my playlist 3,999 times until I got it to sound more cohesive than the seemingly randomly ordered crap that Mick & Richard Dashut let hit the streets. I actually WORKED the album til it made sense in my own head. (did the same with the mind-boggling trash that was Tusk, too...made it to sound good to my ears after completely immersing myself in it for months on end) Yeah, I know Time is the least popular and most hated album in Fleetwood Mac's catalogue, but I love it...like John loved Yoko. Look at all the **** he had to take when he dumped the Bardot lookalike Cynthia (Rumours)and took up with Yoko...Yoko & Time have a lot in common. Maybe some crazed Stevie Nicks fan will accost me in front of MY house and gun me down for my preference of Bekka over Stevie...so be it. That'll be my legacy.
You sound much more crazed than any chiffon head. The idea that someone could actually prefer Bekka over Christine or Stevie is preposterous. Bekka is a random singer that you and others "love" only because she is the alternative. Nothing more than a Fleetwood Mac rebel
Old 12-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe some crazed Stevie Nicks fan will accost me in front of MY house and gun me down for my preference of Bekka over Stevie...so be it. That'll be my legacy.
I got your back! I'm hiding in your shrubs, right now, armed, waiting for that crazed Chiffonhead to accost you.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Christine bowed out when she was 54. Stevie, et al. have way surpassed Christine's longevity.
ITMT came out after that. Don't write her off 6 years early.

Michele
Old 12-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Although having voted for Chris, I'm still not quite sure between Stevie and Chris who I would ultimately prefer. Stevie was my gateway into the world of Mac, and I love some of her solo work. But Chris has an integrity and skill that I admire whole heartedly.
At first, I loved Stevie the most. Fearlessness is fearlessness. But over the long haul, Christine's subtleties exerted their charms on me, & that got stronger & stronger. That made me stronger. So at some point, Christine became my favorite lady in the Mac, & I found comfort, character, & maturity in her sound & style.

Bekka wasn't around long enough in the Mac to make an impression on me, & I never bothered to check out her previous work. I like her song "Dreaming the Dream," but her delivery isn't up my alley. Plus, her performances of "Say You Love Me" & "Don't Stop" at the Konocti Harbor Spa & Resort in 1994 & 1995 were less excited & believable than any number of bar band singers I've heard do those songs.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
At first, I loved Stevie the most. Fearlessness is fearlessness. But over the long haul, Christine's subtleties exerted their charms on me, & that got stronger & stronger. That made me stronger. So at some point, Christine became my favorite lady in the Mac, & I found comfort, character, & maturity in her sound & style.
Well, if you love her, use some of Christine's song lyrics to make your point too. I thought you were going to know how the sun feels every time it shines and instead all you found was comfort, character and maturity.

Michele
Old 12-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jesus. Even though I'm a mindless, fairy dust snorting, Chiffonhead, I still really love Christine as well. I don't get why everybody has to get so butt sore over this topic.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
No contest for me. Stevie's voice is what got me into the Mac, whereas I skip Christine's songs everytime I listen to my Mac records. Not to belittle her contribution to the band's success because her keyboard playing was an integral part of the band's sound, but I don't think I've ever listened to a song of Christine's all the way through, unless Stevie was singing backup. I prefer Stevie's emotive "broken glass dipped in honey" type of voice to the smoothness of Christine's voice. Stevie's brilliant at conveying emotion with the tone of her voice, whereas Christine's voice just puts me to sleep. For me it's more or less like this: If I heard one Christine song, I've heard them all. They all sound the same to me. With Stevie you never know what to expect because no two of her live performances sound the same. Plus, I've always been mesmerized by Stevie's stage presence. I don't go for the whole fairy queen gimmick, but she's so tiny and yet she commands my attention in a way that makes it impossible for me to concentrate on anybody but her. She knows how to fill all that empty space on that big stage, and she makes it look effortless.
I'm not being argumentative in this reply AT ALL. I don't want you to think I'm trying to fight with you, because I respect your opinion.

To me, all of Stevie's songs sound the same. Writing that doesn't always make sense and sometimes sounds pretty half-assed. Her voice grates on me as much as Bekka's. That's the reason I'm not a Bekka fan, because I don't enjoy her voice and that's the sole reason. I don't doubt her as a person. Stevie, however, talks in circles and just outright annoys me. But that's my opinion. I feel like when I've heard one Stevie song, I've heard them all and that her voice gets pretty monotonous but again, it's just personal prefrence. Christine didn't fill the stage because she didn't want to and I relate to that completely and wholeheartedly. I feel like I do know what to expect from a Stevie performance: Scratchy vocals, chiffon, twirling and venomous looks at Lindsey. I find it more enchanting to watch John on stage.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr