Little Lies 7 11.29%
Thrown Down 1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The Ledge define forums, not necessarily eras, I guess.

Since you "friendly" say DEFINITELY, and in uppercase (shouting according to some internet/email standards), I'm afraid to answer... but... who cares...
Not shouting, just stressing the point.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't believe an era is defined necessarily just by members.
I described the Beatles
Bee Gees: pre and post Saturday Night Fever
U2: lot of eras
QUEEN before and after The Game = 70s and 80s = not synth and with synths
etc...

even singers may have different eras:
Olivia: pre and post Grease (confirmed by herself)
Elton John
David Bowie
Rod Stewart
Old 12-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't believe an era is defined necessarily just by members.
I described the Beatles
Bee Gees: pre and post Saturday Night Fever
U2: lot of eras
QUEEN before and after The Game = 70s and 80s = not synth and with synths
etc...

even singers may have different eras:
Olivia: pre and post Grease (confirmed by herself)
Elton John
David Bowie
Rod Stewart
Speaking of different eras, my all-time fave band, Led Zeppelin, does have some big diffs between I-IV and Houses of the Holy to In Through the Out Door. During their second half, they explore more genres and push more boundaries, which is quite evident (and the reason why I love) Physical Graffiti

Another one is Foreigner. After I Want to Know What Love Is hit #1, their whole image changed (and led to a huge fight between Mick Jones and Lou Gramm about it too)

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Speaking of different eras, my all-time fave band, Led Zeppelin, does have some big diffs between I-IV and Houses of the Holy to In Through the Out Door. During their second half, they explore more genres and push more boundaries, which is quite evident (and the reason why I love) Physical Graffiti

Another one is Foreigner. After I Want to Know What Love Is hit #1, their whole image changed (and led to a huge fight between Mick Jones and Lou Gramm about it too)
I think if you're a huge R.E.M. fan, such as myself, it's obvious from album to album how different their approaches are. For example, the ethereal Monster. One could never equate it to the low key and somewhat dull Reveal. Having said that, there does seem to be somewhat of a creative confusion pre and post Bill Berry (Drummer who left in '97 to become a Farmer of all things, most notable for his MONDO Unibrow lol). It's fair to say they were in a funk for a very long time. Where as I do enjoy post Bill music, it's arguable for most fans that they never really got their groove back until 2008's Accelerate. I just hope the new album they're releasing next year carries on the trend and shows them on top form again.

By the way (have to drop this in when I mention R.E.M. lol), hands up who has ever groped Michael Stipe's butt during a gig. *Plants firm hands in the air*. Surprisingly firm and pliant
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please don't kill me or put me down in any way when i say this.
Boo. Strongly disagree.

Quote:
I kinda consider SYW to be Rumours era part 2 cause, sure you're missing a member, but it is essentially the same lineup and it sounds pretty close musically to my ears, almost an updated version for the new millenium.
Not even close. Not only is the #1 hitmaker gone, but so is the only singer, who still has an impressive voice.

Quote:
When someone says post-Rumours, I immediately have visions of Rick and Billy and BTM and Time, not SYW
But Chris and Stevie were on BTM, and Chris on Time. So by your logic, BTM is a Rumours lineup. After all they're only missing one member!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Boo. Strongly disagree.

Not even close. Not only is the #1 hitmaker gone, but so is the only singer, who still has an impressive voice.

But Chris and Stevie were on BTM, and Chris on Time. So by your logic, BTM is a Rumours lineup. After all they're only missing one member!
I knew this was gonna happen, that someone was gonna put me down

Maybe I should learn to keep my controversial opinions to myself

Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We all have our opinions, and are certainly entitled to them. Posting them though, of course, opens them up for debate.

For me, FM really ceased to exist, after The Dance. Without Chris, I have very little interest now. And look how they STILL milk Tumours, 34!!!! years after it was released. If that's not down right EMBARRASSING, for them as artists, I'll kiss your ass. They're an OLDIES act now. Not because of their age, but their lack of artistic direction.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what chilid, AND SYW, should go under rumours, so i have to disagree with you on that chillid!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
"Rhiannon" & "Go Your Own Way" for me.

Since Mirage, Tango & The Dance have the same personnel as the Rumours album, they're DEFINITELY Rumours era.

TECHNICALLY, SYW should go "Post-Rumours", since Christine is gone. If you count SYW to be Rumours-era without one member from that era, then you might as well count BTM as Rumours-era since only one member from that era is gone, as well. Yeah, that's what I thought.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

*Hugs* He wasn't putting you down. Just expressing his own opinion as we in a Democracy do.

Listen folks. I feel like there's a little tension in this thread at the moment. Now can we all please take a few deep breaths of the lovely air, maybe have a cup of Tea and come and sit with me for a cuggle? *Breaks out her Guitar and starts up a chorus of Kumbayah*
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hommer i have to agree with ladyloki!!!

Quote:
Boo. Strongly disagree.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We all have our opinions, and are certainly entitled to them. Posting them though, of course, opens them up for debate.

For me, FM really ceased to exist, after The Dance. Without Chris, I have very little interest now. And look how they STILL milk Tumours, 34!!!! years after it was released. If that's not down right EMBARRASSING, for them as artists, I'll kiss your ass. They're an OLDIES act now. Not because of their age, but their lack of artistic direction.
*Takes a deep breath* I don't believe I am actually doing this

Take a listen to Tusk and tell me: does that sound even remotely like they're trying to milk Rumours? I don't think so.

And if they're such an oldies act, then why do classic rock stations play 'em still? And if you wanna know a band that became an oldies act due to lack of artistic direction from one great album, listen to the Beach Boys. I think you got your histories mixed up

Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
*Takes a deep breath* I don't believe I am actually doing this

Take a listen to Tusk and tell me: does that sound even remotely like they're trying to milk Rumours? I don't think so.

And if they're such an oldies act, then why do classic rock stations play 'em still? And if you wanna know a band that became an oldies act due to lack of artistic direction from one great album, listen to the Beach Boys. I think you got your histories mixed up
Ahem! *Taps above post* Play nice everybody I've got one job in this thread, and by Buddha I'm gonna do it lol. Oh and Rolling Stones is considered an Oldies act too, just like Dylan
Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CHILLID, PLEASE GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT!!! IVE BEEN A ADDICTED FLEETWOOD MAC ADDICT FOR 6 YEARS NOW!!! OHH AND ANOTHER THING ABOUT SAY YOU WILL, SO WHAT IF CHRISTINE MCVIE ISN'T THERE, REMEBER HER VOCALS ARE ON BACKUP ON MOST SONGS!!!!! I KNOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Not shouting, just stressing the point.

SuperFleetwood
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Ahem! *Taps above post* Play nice everybody I've got one job in this thread, and by Buddha I'm gonna do it lol. Oh and Rolling Stones is considered an Oldies act too, just like Dylan
Ok I'll be quiet and play nicely. Maybe this is why I should keep my mouth shut for now on

Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
CHILLID, PLEASE GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT!!! IVE BEEN A ADDICTED FLEETWOOD MAC ADDICT FOR 6 YEARS NOW!!! OHH AND ANOTHER THING ABOUT SAY YOU WILL, SO WHAT IF CHRISTINE MCVIE ISN'T THERE, REMEBER HER VOCALS ARE ON BACKUP ON MOST SONGS!!!!! I KNOW!!!
If you have an opinion, which we are all very open to, please use your inside voice. Bees have very tiny ears and this volume makes their heads explode