User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I watched it but wasn't too impressed with the additions or subtractions to it. I didn't even tape it. I didn't think it was worth doing it. The first mess up to me is when they said that Rhiannon was there first number 1 hit. I thought Rhiannon only went to like 11 or 10. Dreams was there 1st and only US # 1 song. At least that I know of. If I'm wrong please correct me. Songs out of sinc. They spoke about the 80's than went back to Tusk. They showed SYW than went back to TISL (lp cover). All Stevie's interviews were from 97. Nothing new. At least thats what I saw. Not very impressive. I don't think I'd want them to redo Stevie's cause they'd probably mess that up too. Anyway, thats what I saw when I watched it. I also didn't understand the LB part with his wife either.

Behind the Music has always been really crappy with syncing the correct music with the era they're talking about. I remember on Metallica's when they were talking about first starting out/moving to San Francisco in the early 80's, VH1 decided to play Reload songs (released in '97) in the background.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could probably totally watch Behind The Music on their website, but no, it's never available in my region. IF I had a dollar for everytime I see that, I wouldn't have to work. Hopefully it is posted to YouTube sometime.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was appalled too and I'm entirely on his side, but I wish he would shut up.
You are exactly right. It was really the only "new" thing in the entire show that was worthwhile, but it should have been addressed much better. First of all, that piece of Sheryl they showed was from Stevie's BTM back in '98 I believe and had nothing to do with her too early announcement of joining Fleetwood Mac. Second of all, Lindsey was so abrasive about it. As if the hallowed stage of Fleetwood Mac was a laughable place for a has-been like Sheryl Crow (that's the impression I got anyway). Lindsey and Stevie just come off as such babies sometimes...I too am happy that the Sheryl Crow thing was nixed but I truly don't think it was a stretch or something blasphemous. And no, she wouldn't just play Christine McVie songs (though Linds, you and Stevie do that...) or Sheryl Crow songs (of course, they do that with their own too), maybe you would RECORD a NEW album where the three of you could have new Fleetwood Mac material to chose from. Regardless, I do agree, good call on not bringing Sheryl on board...I think she would have regretted the move big time. At this stage of the game I'd have to say the idea of someone brand new joining the Mac is pretty silly.

How bout..."yeah, Mick, John, Stevie and I all discussed Sheryl touring with us and it truly did not make much sense to add a fifth member at this point. The announcement about it was premature and we have moved on.."
Old 12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
I also read somewhere that Stevie told Crow that being in Fleetwood Mac was like being in the army because you have to be at a certain place at a specific time. Oh no! That must be so difficult. I am way tired of her crying about how hard being in Fleetwood Mac is. Yeah, it must be real rough to be a multi-millionaire and come in with partial song ideas that someone else helps you make them great and gives you 100% writing credits.
Exactly. I've never served but that comment about it being like the Army is honestly so ridiculous and insulting to anyone who is or has been in the Army that it's beyond comprehension. Being in a freaking major band that makes millions of dollars, plays several dozen concerts per year every five to ten years and recording music is like being in the army? Because you have to be somewhere at a specific time? Uh, Stevie, that's called a JOB! I just have always hated that army comment, it shows how out of touch with reality some people can be at times. But again, like I said earlier, this nonsense about being in Fleetwood Mac being so mentally and physically draining is enraging. If it's so bad, quit, and be done with it. It's a good thing I still think the music these folks created over the years is good stuff!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I just have always hated that army comment, it shows how out of touch with reality some people can be at times. But again, like I said earlier, this nonsense about being in Fleetwood Mac being so mentally and physically draining is enraging.
Meanwhile, Sheryl kept regularly putting out albums, touring all over the world, and partcipating in all kinds of award shows, Stewart/Colbert events, etc. While hard-working FM managed to get it together for one tour and no albums since the whole Sheryl thing unravelled.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Meanwhile, Sheryl kept regularly putting out albums, touring all over the world, and partcipating in all kinds of award shows, Stewart/Colbert events, etc. While hard-working FM managed to get it together for one tour and no albums since the whole Sheryl thing unravelled.
Yeah yeah but it's NOT Fleetwood Mac!!!! You know, cause when you're in Fleetwood Mac, and you have a lot of other STUFF, you can't have kids and things because you have to be places and there's other people and like, it's just crazy, like the army!

Stevie interviews sometimes remind me of Sarah Palin with Katie Couric...you hear it and get to the end and think, what the HELL are you talking about!?

All kidding aside, Fleetwood Mac's output generally is disappointing. They've released exactly 8 albums of new music since the big Stevie/Lindsey join in 1975 with 4 separate band lineups. 35 years, 8 albums....4 of which happened in the first 7 years!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, I find nothing wrong with what he said about Crow... it was short and to the point. The questions was asked and he responded. I took at as there was nobody that could replace Christine and they certainly weren't gonna have an outsider come in a do their own solo stuff having never been in the band.
ITS A GOOD THING NO ONE EVER SAID TO HIM "WE CANT BRING HIM ON, WHATS HE GONNA DO!? SING PETER GREEN SONGS? JERMY SPENCER SONGS, BOD WELCH SONGS?! NOONE CAN "REPLACE" ANYONE IN THE BAND
Old 12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
i couldnt finish watching it i had to turn it off after they were going on and on and on about Lindsey and his damn wife.
Agreed. They should have mentioned Jons daughter Molly. SHE sang on say you will! for cryin out loud. But no, that would have taken away from LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ...and afew other people, i think there called Fleetwood Mac.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I DID really enjoy the beginning where they established that FLEETWOOD MAC was NOT just stevie and BUCKINGHAM that they had been around before them. THAT is cool about fleetwood mac. the personel changes. theyve been doing it for ever. its not something that JUST came about when they were MAYBE going to include sheryl. Not to "REPLACE" but just to do what they always do.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's over 60 for crying out loud. Most men's hair begins to thin in later life if they have any at all left. Heck, the other two men in FM have far less hair. Also, I find nothing wrong with what he said about Crow... it was short and to the point. The questions was asked and he responded.
Problem is, he has given that response 20 times (no hyperbole there) and he finds new ways to be nasty about it with each answer.

When he was initially asked about her joining during the Unleashed tour, I didn't mind him venting a little. In fact, I appreciated his candor back then, since the other Macsters were not being exactly honest. But now his little jabs are just beating a dead horse unnecessarily.

What Stevie said about Sheryl not wanting to rehearse on Mother's Day was probably a big lie and Mick claiming that being a new mother it was hard for Crow to be in FM was just -- well, insulting actually. But at least it was diplomatic. When you continue to be mean-spirited about something for years, it reflects badly upon you and says nothing about Sheryl Crow's possible involvement in FM.

As for his hair, I don't care if he's bald or balding. It was not a reflection on the state of his hair, as much as a commentary on the maxim that idle hands are the devil's tools. I just think if he has lots of free time on his hands, he might want to spend it investigating transplant options rather than bashing Sheryl. I believe that would be more productive. Alternatively, I have also suggested that he go polish his boots.

Michele
Old 12-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Problem is, he has given that response 20 times (no hyperbole there) and he finds new ways to be nasty about it with each answer.

Michele
I wasn't able to watch, did he also say that Christine burned her bridges? Another thing that he's harped on that doesn't really make sense because I find it hard to believe that if Christine had any desire at all to perform with them again, she wouldn't be able to do so.

Some of Stevie's comments being discussed have always bugged me to. She has always kind of insinuated that certain aspects of being in Fleetwood Mac were completely against her will, like the breakfast room comment and the army comment. It kind of makes me want to see how Stevie would do on something like The Celebrity Apprentice.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I wasn't able to watch, did he also say that Christine burned her bridges? Another thing that he's harped on that doesn't really make sense because I find it hard to believe that if Christine had any desire at all to perform with them again, she wouldn't be able to do so.
Exactly. John, Stevie and Mick would fall over themselves welcoming her back. One of the things I find most annoying is that when he elaborates, Lindsey doesn't mean it like that. He says that what he means is that Christine sold her house, divorced, left California and settled down in England. But he knows the connotation of that phrase means that someone created bad feelings when they exited, that would make their return unwelcome. He knows that's not true and should not use language that implies that. I honestly think he just does it to be mischievous.

Also, I don't think he was as happy to get 1/3 more room as he would have us think he was. I think he was sad. Stevie said something in 2003 like Lindsey decides whether or not he wants to be in FM and then the rest of us say "yes" or "no" to him. Christine said "no." I know Christine leaving Fleetwood Mac was for her personal happiness and going back to England is something she'd wanted to do for decades. Yet, I do think he felt rejected and was not happy about his departure, even though he paints it as an opportunity.

Michele
Old 12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post

Some of Stevie's comments being discussed have always bugged me to. She has always kind of insinuated that certain aspects of being in Fleetwood Mac were completely against her will, like the breakfast room comment and the army comment. It kind of makes me want to see how Stevie would do on something like The Celebrity Apprentice.
Stevie makes crap up like that because it keeps her from telling the truth.

Quote:
Also, I don't think he was as happy to get 1/3 more room as he would have us think he was. I think he was sad. Stevie said something in 2003 like Lindsey decides whether or not he wants to be in FM and then the rest of us say "yes" or "no" to him. Christine said "no." I know Christine leaving Fleetwood Mac was for her personal happiness and going back to England is something she'd wanted to do for decades. Yet, I do think he felt rejected and was not happy about his departure, even though he paints it as an opportunity.

Michele
I don't think he minded Christine leaving honestly. Maybe he had to adjust to the idea, but they had plenty of time to do that. They knew they were doing another album after The Dance in five years and they knew Christine would not be a part of it.

What kills me is how he goes on and on about there not being any keyboards and how he could emphasize his guitar more. Really?!? Guess Brett is finger-synching the keyboards.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I don't think he minded Christine leaving honestly. Maybe he had to adjust to the idea, but they had plenty of time to do that. They knew they were doing another album after The Dance in five years and they knew Christine would not be a part of it.

What kills me is how he goes on and on about there not being any keyboards and how he could emphasize his guitar more. Really?!? Guess Brett is finger-synching the keyboards.
I don't think they always knew Christine wouldn't be part of SYW. In fact, Stevie says they waited hoping that she would be. Then, when SYW began they thought still thought she might be. Mick talks about hearing Lindsey and Christine on the phone together. Yeah, they knew in 2002 that Christine wasn't going to be a part of it, but I don't think they knew that before 2002. They had hope.

As far as what Lindsey feels now that they've been on two tours together alone, probably he doesn't miss Christine anymore, but I think he minded greatly in 2002-2003. His 33% more room talk . . . don't get me wrong. I think he liked having the chance to do more songs on stage. Yeah, I don't think he was crying because he was so miserable about having both Come and ISA in the set. But I don't think he didn't feel a hole and I don't think he didn't mind.

As far as Brett goes, that's just like Dan playing more guitar on Meantime than Chris plays piano. Chris, you're all alone now, so bring out those keyboards.

Michele
Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know everyone talks about Silver Springs on The Dance and this BTM reminded me of the Chain. When Stevie is standing with her back towards the audience and her head turned towards Lindsey during The Chain, that's incredibly powerful. It's like tuning out the world and focusing on him as she exhorts the chain to keep them together. For me, it resonates way more than that particular version of SS did.

As for the Tusk photo shoot (yeah, I'd love for a clear copy like the clips we see on this BTM). That moment when Stevie is goofing around and leans off balance and puts all of her weight on Christine, makes Christine push at her and topple over herself. Then, John comes in with a steadying hand and pushes Christine (and Stevie) back up right. Oh my goodness, it makes my heart melt. A playful, meaningless, alcohol-fueled, drug-caked moment that I just want to hold in time forever.

Ah, why was Canada paying all that money to see the Dionne Quintuplets for years, when these five were waiting to emerge? My beautiful, moody quintet slouching towards Bethlehem (well Sausalito) to be born.

Michele