The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think they'd still be together if they hadn't joined.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good answers here. The purpose of this thread was just to wonder if something major in the band's history had gone down differently, which can happen with any band, and it's just interesting to see what people think what might have gone down. Also, it just goes to show you guys exactly how much of a history nerd I am

As for my thought on what would've gone down with Lindsey and Stevie, BN 2 probably would have been very good, but like it's predecessor, it probably would've not gotten anywhere, they would've had a following in Bama similar to Bob Seger's following in Detroit before he released Night Moves. As for their relationship, it's very hard to say whether or not they would've stayed together, but like David said, Stevie would've probably just continued writing songs on the side and Lindsey would've gone on to become a producer (and who knows, he could easily run into the Mac)

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie and Lindsay never joined Fleetwood Mac, I don't think FM would have been nearly as popular. They would have had their normal following but I don't see them as breaking through. I think BN II would have done well. Remember the songs for that - Landslide, Rhiannon, I'm So Afraid, Sorcerer and Monday Morning. It might have taken some time but hey - so did the White Album. Took 54 weeks or so to climb to number 1.

Then the issue is if BN II did well and Lindsay and Stevie broke up, I think it would have been over. I am not sure they stay together without the forces of FM.

Which brings us to Stevie's solo career. She would have had some success but let's face it, she rocked the world with Bella Donna and that was largely because of who she was in a very popular FM.

So let's not think about what would have happened if they did not join. I don't think there would be anything to discuss!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
So let's not think about what would have happened if they did not join. I don't think there would be anything to discuss!
I could find plenty to pontificate about had they not joined. I was already an 8 year Fleetwood Mac veteran by '75...I knew the band inside & out...then the band got hijacked. Had they not gotten hijacked...I would have been (in the words of Bob Welch) "ecstatically happy".
Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

then christine would be on her own and would have had the band to her self lol!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that both Fleetwood Mac and Stevie & Lindsey would have had moderate success.

It was the chemistry of the five people who made Rumours that made it so special.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

Gail