User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know everyone talks about Silver Springs on The Dance and this BTM reminded me of the Chain. When Stevie is standing with her back towards the audience and her head turned towards Lindsey during The Chain, that's incredibly powerful. It's like tuning out the world and focusing on him as she exhorts the chain to keep them together. For me, it resonates way more than that particular version of SS did.

As for the Tusk photo shoot (yeah, I'd love for a clear copy like the clips we see on this BTM). That moment when Stevie is goofing around and leans off balance and puts all of her weight on Christine, makes Christine push at her and topple over herself. Then, John comes in with a steadying hand and pushes Christine (and Stevie) back up right. Oh my goodness, it makes my heart melt. A playful, meaningless, alcohol-fueled, drug-caked moment that I just want to hold in time forever.

Ah, why was Canada paying all that money to see the Dionne Quintuplets for years, when these five were waiting to emerge? My beautiful, moody quintet slouching towards Bethlehem (well Sausalito) to be born.

Michele
I neeeeeeed to see this! ASAP.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
I neeeeeeed to see this! ASAP.
Oh, you probably already have seen that. It's very short and it's like 30 years old now. Just seeing the little clip of it mingled into the show made me nostalgic.

As others have said, the editing was not so great. Most jarring for me was when they were talking about The Dance and they had been using clips from The Dance and then, without explaining that time had passed and that everyone was "looking back" they just suddenly showed recent clips of the guys (still talking about The Dance) and it was like they had aged 13 years in a 2 second time span. I thought they had been caught in a nuclear explosion fall out.

Michele
Old 12-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was lovely when Mick said he held Christine in his arms and she cried and said, "don't ask me." Also, when he said that he doesn't plead, but a couple of other people did plead with her to stay.

I think David Wild got a little carried away with himself (or with Stevie) wondering how Chris felt being the woman in the band when suddenly Stevie, "possibly the most beautiful woman in the world came in." Ugh.

As for Wild's comment that Christine may have felt pushed out around The Dance because the focus was so much on Lindsey and Stevie, I do remember Stevie saying in 2003 that even Christine knew that they always wanted to sing together. Combined with Christine really being ready to hang up her skates and Lindsey and Stevie's willingness to, for instance, go on Letterman and just sing together, I do think there was a BN vibe going on back then that made it easier for Christine to leave.

On the other hand, I loved it when Stevie would leave the stage for NTF and ISA and Christine would stay. That was beautiful to me, although as The Dance tour got longer, she did spend less time on stage for Not That Funny.

Michele
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
Yeah, it must be real rough to be a multi-millionaire and come in with partial song ideas that someone else helps you make them great and gives you 100% writing credits.
She should get 100% writing credit because she wrote the songs! Lindsey helps to arrange them, but she writes them. Anyway, I agree with your overall argument: it's growing tiresome to hear about how hard it is to be in Fleetwood Mac, what with it being like the army and all. Come on Stevie! I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat!