User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Ledgie Travel Tips

OK I posted this a while ago but now we are getting closer to confirming dates. I guess Columbus, OH will be the first city.

Hey I have an idea about the upcoming Mac tour. I lot of us seem to want to travel to different states (and countries) to see the shows. I thought it would be a cool idea if we could be kind of each other’s “tour guides” Whoever lives in or is familiar with a city the Mac are playing in maybe can give us travel tips. I figure places like nearby hotels, cheap rates, good restaurants, shopping centers and malls. Maybe even like places to play golf, beaches, historical places, etc. I know that people can look up on the Internet these days but it can become so impersonal. I figured it would be a way for us to know each other and our cities better. Of course a get together will have to be included.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to do that whole "get together for dinner thing" for Indianapolis, but who in the hell wants to come to Indiana?? If I was travelling out of the country to come to the US, Indiana would be the last place I would go. So, consider yourself fore-warned... if you were thinking "hey, Indiana is where I wanna go to see them" please reconsider. The amphitheater they will be playing in is literally in the middle of a corn field. And the drive to the city is about 45 minutes from the amphitheater.

Oh well....

Maria
Old 02-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Maria

That is so funny..cause my Dad says the same thing..he grew up there,and he went last summer to visit his sister and i like to travel,so i expressed interest in going,and he was like,"Sar,there is NOTHING there...at least not where i am going" which was like Oaktown or something like that...but i was like hey just drop me off in Cleveland at the R&R Hall of Fame and get me on the way back,lol...needless to say i didn't go...

Anyway...the whole get-together idea is great...whoever is going to see them in Hartord(i am assuming they will play the Meadows),Springfield is about 20 mins away,and the Basketball Hall of Fame is there(not that i like it that much..but someone from out of town might like it) and there is a Six Flags in MA also...my town itself is utterly boring...but most of the surrounding places are ok...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pattie

I forgot to put this in the last post,lol...A good friend of mine who is also a huge Stevie fan also lives in RI...in Cranston...the Mac probably won't play in RI...so are you going to go to the CT or the MA shows?? We will have to meet up

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Pattie

Quote:
Originally posted by FiercestCalmSea
I forgot to put this in the last post,lol...A good friend of mine who is also a huge Stevie fan also lives in RI...in Cranston...the Mac probably won't play in RI...so are you going to go to the CT or the MA shows?? We will have to meet up
Hey I don't live far from Craanston LOL.
I am going to try to make it to New York, Boston, Hartford and maybe Columbus for opening night. Thats just on the east coast. My birthday is May 8th. I still am hopeful that they will play "The Dunk" in Providence.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1998
I would love to do that whole "get together for dinner thing" for Indianapolis [...] The amphitheater they will be playing in is literally in the middle of a corn field. And the drive to the city is about 45 minutes from the amphitheater.

Oh well....

Maria
Hey Maria - I'm going to that Indianapolis show! Never been to this place before- 45 min from the city?!

Old 02-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Even if they don't play in RI, isn't the Tweeter Center (Boston's venue which is not that close to Boston at all) like minutes from RI?
It never occured to me that they might come to Hartford. I figured I'd go to New York or Boston. Unfortunately, I will probably only be able to afford one show if I'm gonna even attempt to get good seats. MAYBE two. But definitely not three .
I'd like to do a dinner/meet & greet wherever I wind up going.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-05-2003, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ERigby818
Even if they don't play in RI, isn't the Tweeter Center (Boston's venue which is not that close to Boston at all) like minutes from RI?
It never occured to me that they might come to Hartford. I figured I'd go to New York or Boston. Unfortunately, I will probably only be able to afford one show if I'm gonna even attempt to get good seats. MAYBE two. But definitely not three .
I'd like to do a dinner/meet & greet wherever I wind up going.
-Sonia
I doubt they will play The Tweeter Center this time. They are doing all arenas. That would be The Fleet Center most likely in Boston. But will have to wait and see. I hate waiting.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Hey Maria - I'm going to that Indianapolis show! Never been to this place before- 45 min from the city?!
Verizon Wireless Music Center (formerly Deer Creek) is located in Noblesville. I think thats a straight shot east from Lafayette, but I'm not too sure. I forgot you was in Lafayette, I almost PM'd you the other night to say "HI Neighbor!" Yes, it's roughly a 40-45 minute drive from Indianapolis. I will have well over an hour because I am an hour west of Indianapolis. Maybe we could meet up.

Maria
Old 02-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking

Maria, i'd LOVE to get together in IN again! lol, Indiana isn't much more exciting than Illinois (cornfields cornfields cornfields) but we had fun last time! and this time, we'd even get to see a show as well! anyway, i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to go to more than one show (but i'm sure as hell going to try,lol) but if anyone wants to meet up in Chicago, i'm there!
Oh, steal your heart away~
Old 02-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to the Noblesville (Indy) show, too. Since FM/Stevie refuse to come to KY, lol, it's one of the closest places to drive to... I saw FM there for the Dance, and Stevie for Enchanted. True, there isn't much around to do, but the venue was pretty cool, I thought. Gonna try to go to the Nashville and Cincinnatti shows, too. Maybe the Columbus show, but it's kind of a long way to drive, so I'm not sure. I'd love to meet up w/you guys, though!

~Angela~
Old 02-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm wondering if my hubby will go for it. He's kinda a loaner... He may not even go with me... I'm dying to meet some of ya and we should keep talking about this!!!! Maybe not a dinner afterword, but a bar... thats probably more realistic. You figure the show will let out around 11pm, and we could be in Indianapolis by midnight. There's lots of downtown bars... Theres a great place called Gillians... bar and restraunt on the 1st floor, gameroom and bar on the 2nd floor, and get this... a bowling alley with all the cool blacklights and lighting and stuff and a big dancefloor on the 3rd floor. That place is way cool. Maybe we could do that.

Maria
Old 02-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
I'm going to the Noblesville (Indy) show, too. Since FM/Stevie refuse to come to KY, lol, it's one of the closest places to drive to... I saw FM there for the Dance, and Stevie for Enchanted. True, there isn't much around to do, but the venue was pretty cool, I thought. Gonna try to go to the Nashville and Cincinnatti shows, too. Maybe the Columbus show, but it's kind of a long way to drive, so I'm not sure. I'd love to meet up w/you guys, though!

~Angela~
Hey Angela... I was at the Dance concert at Deer Creek too ... but i was way the hell up on the lawn ... Still an amazing concert! I don't think I'll be anywhere near Indy this time though...
Old 02-06-2003, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at that show, too!

Maria
Old 02-06-2003, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by KathyD
Hey Angela... I was at the Dance concert at Deer Creek too ... but i was way the hell up on the lawn ... Still an amazing concert! I don't think I'll be anywhere near Indy this time though...

It was amazing, wasn't it? We were lucky enough to get fourth row seats....it was awesome. They were in section C, so we were like right in front of Lindsey.

lol, Maria...For me, it will depend on if we have to work the next day or not. It's about a three hour drive back home, and I think Noblesville is an hour behind us. And, lol, if it's another hour to get to Indy....it might be two days before I get home. We do need to keep talking, though, and figure something out! It would be great to meet some of you!

~Angela~