The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-29-2020, 11:43 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lindsey hasn’t been doing much talking (figuratively and literally) for a while now so I doubt that was the issue. Mick and all the rest of them just aren’t great people and likely never were. This says a lot in my opinion. There is a lot that can happen between coworkers and then there’s rational human behavior when someone you knew for decades nearly dies.
I can finally have a good laugh about all those fans who wanted to believe Lindsey "must have done something very, very bad" in order to upset the band that much. Those same fans who claimed that "we don't know if they haven't contacted Lindsey since the accident"
Well, now WE KNOW. And we also know that they couldn't care less if Lindsey leaves or dies. They don't.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were eagerly waiting for him to die.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-29-2020, 12:33 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 843
Default

It's pretty obvious at this point that Mick has a big 'ol ball gag in his mouth, firmly placed by Stevie Diva.





"we were not happy" = Stevie was not happy = potential no Stevie = potential no money = stick to the script Mick!

The whole thing is 50 shades of bullsh*t.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-29-2020, 12:49 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It's pretty obvious at this point that Mick has a big 'ol ball gag in his mouth, firmly placed by Stevie Diva.





"we were not happy" = Stevie was not happy = potential no Stevie = potential no money = stick to the script Mick!

The whole thing is 50 shades of bullsh*t.
Ok first of all: That's hot!!!

Memo:

From: $tephanie
To: Mick, Chris, and John
Subject: Being Happy and keeping you all rich.


Below is the script you all should follow:


Script: No talking to Lindsey in any way shape or form.
IF asked, we will not be ever playing with him again. But, you should let reporters know that we don't want questions about Lindsey.
And Christine, if you ever do an album or email that barking fool again, I'll send you back to London for another 15 years. Don't test me, girl.

Love Anabelle Lee

__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-29-2020 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-29-2020, 12:51 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 891
Default

A friend posted this in one of the groups on Facebook when trying to have a rational discussion with some of the Lindsey bashers.

Fleetwood Mac Still Not Interested in Lindsey Buckingham Return
ultimateclassicrock.com
Sharing this post from a friend in another forum. She has medical degrees and expertise in the issues of abuse , narcissism etc behaviours

There is no proof he abused Stevie and that was certainly not why he was fired. Stevie Nicks has said on 3 separate occasions she’s never been abused.

Understanding that doesn’t mean anyone thinks Lindsey is a god. Lindsey isn’t a narcissist, he doesn’t meet the diagnostic criteria for the disorder.

A lot of misinformation surrounds the 1987 break up. Stevie is the one who got violent. This is what Stevie said about the night at Chris’ house when LB said he wasn’t touring and couldn’t: “ I went crazy; I ran up and jumped on his back and started hitting and scratching him, I wanted to kill him- he ran outside to his car and I ran after him.” According to the rest, he finally grabbed her by the neck and sat her down hard on the hood of his car until the other guys came out because he was afraid she would jump on his car and he’d run over her if he drove away. The problem is, Mick put an embellished version of that event in the book he wrote after the band split which pissed off both Stevie and Lindsey. When they reunited in 1997, Mick publicly apologized to Lindsey and Stevie and said he was “a bit fast and loose with the truth.”

Unfortunately, the book was already out for years and sloppy writers who call themselves ‘biographers’ have just cut and pasted that into their newer material which is not fair to anyone and is where much of the misinformation comes from. As Mick, Stevie and Lindsey did an interview in 1997 about him leaving during Tango. He left because Stevie was so addicted to alcohol and Klonopin she couldn’t work on the album. Much of the album was Lindsey’s unreleased solo work he was saving for his own album. All Stevie’s work and vocals needed to be added after the work was done. He wrote melodies specific for the voice issues she was having at the time. Mick was bankrupt, his wife booted him out. He was addicted to coke living in Lindsey’s driveway in a trailer Lindsey gave him. Buckingham was at his wits end dealing with two addicts and trying to work with them after he’d been drug free for several years. His health suffered during that time and his epilepsy got worse.

Anyone who thinks Stevie Nicks would stay and work with a man who abused her for 40 years doesn’t get her personality. She doesn’t suffer in silence and has no history of putting her needs second to anyone. Stevie’s parents also adored Lindsey. In fact it was he who they called during that ten year break up like time with the band, to get Stevie in her final rehab when she was walking around carrying baby dolls and talking to them. He also sang and played at both her parent’s funerals.

According to the lawsuit which was settled for everything asked for, abuse is not why he was fired nor would he have prevailed given abuse would be sufficient grounds for separation from the band. Stevie has very clearly stated in the last 7 years that she has never been abused by anyone.

I’m a Stevie fan and have been since I was 14. I’ve bought everything she’s ever done at least once. I’ve seen Fleetwood Mac 6 times and Stevie solo 14 times. I’ve never bought anything the others did solo nor have I seen any other band member solo. I add that I’ve been accused of being a Lindsey lover and Stevie hater for simply stating facts that came straight from the horses’ mouth.

As a fan, I’ve very glad to know she’s not an abused woman.
According to Stevie in the 12/30/2013 interview with the Daily Mail: “In my entire life no man has ever gotten physical with me.”

And they never had a problem with going to see a band with an abuser. So stupid. They are actually angry at facts. Like they are disappointed she wasn’t abused.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-29-2020, 01:15 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ok first of all: That's hot!!!

Memo:
From: $tephanie
To: Mick, Chris, and John
Subject: Being Happy and keeping you all rich.


Below is the script you all should follow:


Script: No talking to Lindsey in any way shape or form.
IF asked, we will not be ever playing with him again. But, you should let reporters know that we don't want questions about Lindsey.
And Christine, if you ever do an album or email that barking fool again, I'll send you back to London for another 15 years. Don't test me, girl.

Love Anabelle Lee


I'm happy to assist in spicing this place up, it's good to keep the blood flowing.

Oh my, I better stop while I'm ahead....naughty naughty
__________________

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-29-2020 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-29-2020, 01:25 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
A friend posted this in one of the groups on Facebook when trying to have a rational discussion with some of the Lindsey bashers.

Fleetwood Mac Still Not Interested in Lindsey Buckingham Return
ultimateclassicrock.com
Sharing this post from a friend in another forum. She has medical degrees and expertise in the issues of abuse , narcissism etc behaviours

There is no proof he abused Stevie and that was certainly not why he was fired. Stevie Nicks has said on 3 separate occasions she’s never been abused.

Understanding that doesn’t mean anyone thinks Lindsey is a god. Lindsey isn’t a narcissist, he doesn’t meet the diagnostic criteria for the disorder.

A lot of misinformation surrounds the 1987 break up. Stevie is the one who got violent. This is what Stevie said about the night at Chris’ house when LB said he wasn’t touring and couldn’t: “ I went crazy; I ran up and jumped on his back and started hitting and scratching him, I wanted to kill him- he ran outside to his car and I ran after him.” According to the rest, he finally grabbed her by the neck and sat her down hard on the hood of his car until the other guys came out because he was afraid she would jump on his car and he’d run over her if he drove away. The problem is, Mick put an embellished version of that event in the book he wrote after the band split which pissed off both Stevie and Lindsey. When they reunited in 1997, Mick publicly apologized to Lindsey and Stevie and said he was “a bit fast and loose with the truth.”

Unfortunately, the book was already out for years and sloppy writers who call themselves ‘biographers’ have just cut and pasted that into their newer material which is not fair to anyone and is where much of the misinformation comes from. As Mick, Stevie and Lindsey did an interview in 1997 about him leaving during Tango. He left because Stevie was so addicted to alcohol and Klonopin she couldn’t work on the album. Much of the album was Lindsey’s unreleased solo work he was saving for his own album. All Stevie’s work and vocals needed to be added after the work was done. He wrote melodies specific for the voice issues she was having at the time. Mick was bankrupt, his wife booted him out. He was addicted to coke living in Lindsey’s driveway in a trailer Lindsey gave him. Buckingham was at his wits end dealing with two addicts and trying to work with them after he’d been drug free for several years. His health suffered during that time and his epilepsy got worse.

Anyone who thinks Stevie Nicks would stay and work with a man who abused her for 40 years doesn’t get her personality. She doesn’t suffer in silence and has no history of putting her needs second to anyone. Stevie’s parents also adored Lindsey. In fact it was he who they called during that ten year break up like time with the band, to get Stevie in her final rehab when she was walking around carrying baby dolls and talking to them. He also sang and played at both her parent’s funerals.

According to the lawsuit which was settled for everything asked for, abuse is not why he was fired nor would he have prevailed given abuse would be sufficient grounds for separation from the band. Stevie has very clearly stated in the last 7 years that she has never been abused by anyone.

I’m a Stevie fan and have been since I was 14. I’ve bought everything she’s ever done at least once. I’ve seen Fleetwood Mac 6 times and Stevie solo 14 times. I’ve never bought anything the others did solo nor have I seen any other band member solo. I add that I’ve been accused of being a Lindsey lover and Stevie hater for simply stating facts that came straight from the horses’ mouth.

As a fan, I’ve very glad to know she’s not an abused woman.
According to Stevie in the 12/30/2013 interview with the Daily Mail: “In my entire life no man has ever gotten physical with me.”

And they never had a problem with going to see a band with an abuser. So stupid. They are actually angry at facts. Like they are disappointed she wasn’t abused.
This is what you get for worrying about people you have known all your life. That's probably why they couldn't care less if Lindsey lives or dies. They're not like him. They were never like him.

It's a good thing they will probably never need him again. But, who knows.... As long as he doesn't pick up that damn phone.....
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-29-2020, 01:45 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 843
Default

Lindsey accommodated her AGAIN going back to recording music for what became of the EP and later Buckingham McVie. He talks about writing songs specifically in the keys that Stevie prefers to work in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-29-2020, 01:52 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 843
Default

Ok here is my slightly weird theory, hear me out.


I think things started to really get weird going all the way back to when Lindsey and Stevie both played back their new albums together with some record executive. I forgot where we first heard this story, was it in the IYD documentary or press.

Anyhow, you have to wonder if in that meeting Stevie felt Lindsey got more praise than she did...who knows. But I have to wonder if she got intimidated by him in some way, his ongoing creative force when her story was so dependent on Dave Stewart to save the day?

And then her mother passed away and up came a whole new sense of bitterness that hadn't necessarily been seen before.

The more the universe seemed to push them in the direction of working together, it's as if she went out of her way to find a way out of it. For reasons, we'll never know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-29-2020, 02:26 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Ok here is my slightly weird theory, hear me out.


I think things started to really get weird going all the way back to when Lindsey and Stevie both played back their new albums together with some record executive. I forgot where we first heard this story, was it in the IYD documentary or press.

Anyhow, you have to wonder if in that meeting Stevie felt Lindsey got more praise than she did...who knows. But I have to wonder if she got intimidated by him in some way, his ongoing creative force when her story was so dependent on Dave Stewart to save the day?

And then her mother passed away and up came a whole new sense of bitterness that hadn't necessarily been seen before.

The more the universe seemed to push them in the direction of working together, it's as if she went out of her way to find a way out of it. For reasons, we'll never know.
Look back to the DR documentary where they are clearly saying: Oh my Stevie, these demos are great!! You worked!! Wow!!! Now let's take these spirit catchers from you and put them over here by the talking fish.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-29-2020, 02:37 PM
KenshiMaster16 KenshiMaster16 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 556
Default

Stevie craves recognition for her creative works and because of how the system of the Mac works, Lindsey gets partial credit because of his creative genius and production work. What she fails to understand is that people do recognize her lyrical genius apart from Lindsey's contributions to the work. They are their own Lennon / McCartney. The lyrical work she produces is beautiful, and the small genius touches that Lindsey lends to the production of her work is untouchable. Dave, Waddy, Mike... they all add their own little touches and accomplish cool things with her art, but none match what Lindsey did with her songs. And given their history of never getting along all that well for that long, I think that is what pisses her off most. She is forever tethered to a man she cannot stand half the time. Add that touch of jealousy that he settled down, married, had kids and that wasn't in the cards for her, I am sure that rubs her the wrong way as well.

Now, outside of band politics, they have to continue to hold the banners and I understand that while some may not like it. John likes to sail on his boat, be the family man and jam when needed. Christine was stuffed in her English house way too long and enjoys being active no matter who its with. Mick is just a money hungry man that will say anything to line his pockets (brilliant drummer, but never liked him as a person). Who knows, we have heard this song and dance before in the 80s and 90s from all parties. "We're done," "Never going back," "I cannot see myself rejoining the band, ever." Will they never reform as the 5-piece we know and love? Because of Stevie, and the lawsuit, probably not... But knowing these people, knowing this band, I would never fully say its out of the question.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-29-2020, 03:15 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Who knows, we have heard this song and dance before in the 80s and 90s from all parties. "We're done," "Never going back," "I cannot see myself rejoining the band, ever." Will they never reform as the 5-piece we know and love? Because of Stevie, and the lawsuit, probably not... But knowing these people, knowing this band, I would never fully say its out of the question.
Absolutely right. I used to second-guess them all the time, but over and over I’d get proved wrong after they did something out of left field. I remember saying that there was no way in hell they ever tried performing “That’s Enough for Me” on the 1980 tour UNTIL a few years later I heard a recording from one of the Wembley shows. I was stunned. And I would have told you twenty years ago that they would never again pull out “Sisters of the Moon” or “Storms” onstage — and then they did! You can’t second-guess the Fleetwood Macs. Something can seem highly improbable — and happen anyway.

Lindsey and Stevie could go out next year on a Buckingham Nicks tour. It would shock me but I’m not going to put my money on its not happening, ever.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-29-2020, 03:45 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,071
Default

Did LB in fact perform at each of her parents' funerals?? I had not heard this before.

He did participate in her Heart Association benefits even when they weren't in the band together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-29-2020, 03:46 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 843
Default

I agree, anything could happen. I think what's really different this time is they've disgusted so many fans, I don't even think they would show up to buy a ticket.

Plus, they've simply run out of time for five-year grudges to work themselves out. They don't have a decade to let the dust settle.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-29-2020, 10:10 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
. It had everything to do with $tevie wanting him out and wanting control of the band, and using Mick to do get her that control.
.
Control of the band? That was the actual reason? It sounds really an excuse to me. Or a consequence instead of a cause. I mean, there was always the suspect that since Bella Donna she seemed to have more interest in her solo career than in being in the band. Mirage tour was very short, among her two solo albums. She arrived just at the end of the Tango recording sessions (yes, after rehab, but anyway I think she prioritized more her solo career). Did she want to take control of the album recording sessions? Of the past tours? I never heard that.

And all of the sudden she wants to take control of Fleetwood Mac? I don't get it. I still think there were more things that we don't know. And I don't mean she is innocent. I just think that's not the whole or main reason.
__________________

Last edited by Villavic; 01-29-2020 at 10:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-29-2020, 10:24 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
He left because Stevie was so addicted to alcohol and Klonopin she couldn’t work on the album. Much of the album was Lindsey’s unreleased solo work he was saving for his own album. All Stevie’s work and vocals needed to be added after the work was done. He wrote melodies specific for the voice issues she was having at the time.
Excuse me??? Errr.. what's the name of that singer-songwriter... who wrote a song that became #4 (#5 in UK) and another song #14 (#4 in UK, #1 in Peru and Belgium) and perform another song that really rocked during the Tango Tour and her (with LB) tour in 2017?? mmm.. Christine McVie? Yes, it was Christine McVie. Three songs from TITN became singles.

And i read Buckingham in just 3 of the 12 songs in the album. Plus 4 songs where he is cowriter (3 of those with Christine, were those songs to be included in his unreleased solo work?).
__________________

Last edited by Villavic; 01-29-2020 at 10:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly
$22.5
Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly picture1980 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette during a performance - hcp33944
$19.88
1980 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette during a performance - hcp33944 picture1992 Press Photo Singer Billy Burnette - hcp33942
$19.88
1992 Press Photo Singer Billy Burnette - hcp33942 picture1980 Press Photo Pop singer Billy Burnette - hcp33946
$19.88
1980 Press Photo Pop singer Billy Burnette - hcp33946 picture1986 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette - hcp33945
$19.88
1986 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette - hcp33945 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved